Oh my life

rodney

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. All in all, I'm very jealous of Rodney.

And we had a long chat via PMing, and trust me, everything is fine. The sun will still rise tomorrow morning.:wink2:

Mika himself has said in interviews that he doesn't like physical contact with strangers very much

When has he said this? I find this very hard to believe because I've seen Mika have more physical contact with strangers in the past year than I've had physical contact with anyone in my entire life! He seems to be an extremely tactile person and it's not limited to his close friends and family.

I don't think we should confuse the fact that he doesn't like people grabbing his ass or sticking their fingers in his hair as being averse to any kind of physical contact.

Of course he must find it awkward to be kissed on the cheek by a total stranger, fan or no fan, regardless culture.

I don't agree. I know he's kissed people he's never met before on the cheek. If he found it so offensive he wouldn't do it to other people.

He could also beg off that kind of thing without looking like a jerk. There are many nights when people are not allowed to take photos or even get autographs so he could keep his distance if he wanted to or have someone intercede on his behalf, especially since he always seems to have some infection or another.

Personally I don't like the idea of asking Mika for anything. I know I'm going to be hanging around outside the venues in London but I'm still very uncomfortable with the idea of sticking a pen or a flash in his face. But for other fans it is almost their whole raison d'être in being a Mika fan - to get his autograph or a photo taken with him. He accepts those requests as part of the job whether he can accommodate them or not. And I doubt he is horribly put off or shocked when a young girl asks him for a peck on the cheek.

I agree with Sariflor though that it shouldn't go any further and you'd be really really pushing your luck trying to get a kiss on the lips with or without his permission. That's not something you even want to ask for.

I mean, seriously, can you imagine him saying "no" to someone after being asked that?

He's gentle and polite and he wants to please. I just feel that if people impose on him like that, it's just bad.

After the gig in Atlanta in June, a girl tried to kiss his cheek and he shook his head no and stepped backwards. :boxed: She didn't ask, though, so that's probably the difference. I'm sure he treats differently someone jumping on him and kissing him and someone asking. I agree with you, though. :thumb_yello:

But anyway, Rodney, I'm happy for you that you got to kiss his cheek, but I advise you to not try anything else. A kiss on the cheek is one thing, but a "wet" kiss on the lips like you seem to be hinting at is another. Cheek-kissing is friendly, lip-kissing is sexual, and something that I'm sure he would prefer not to do with someone that he doesn't know. Just because he's famous does not mean that he's available to be touched/kissed in any way that would be uncomfortable to him. Probably, if you try to kiss him "properly," you'll most likely be pushed away by Mika and pulled away by security. You just don't do that to someone that you don't know.

I don't think he will be disappointed in our comments. Mika himself has said in interviews that he doesn't like physical contact with strangers very much and that he doesn't like it if strangers call him 'darling' or 'hot'. No offensive, but I'm afraid Mika won't stay awake about this.

its an invasion of personal space

:naughty:

After the gig in Atlanta in June, a girl tried to kiss his cheek and he shook his head no and stepped backwards. :boxed: She didn't ask, though, so that's probably the difference. I'm sure he treats differently someone jumping on him and kissing him and someone asking. I agree with you, though. :thumb_yello:

But anyway, Rodney, I'm happy for you that you got to kiss his cheek, but I advise you to not try anything else. A kiss on the cheek is one thing, but a "wet" kiss on the lips like you seem to be hinting at is another. Cheek-kissing is friendly, lip-kissing is sexual, and something that I'm sure he would prefer not to do with someone that he doesn't know. Just because he's famous does not mean that he's available to be touched/kissed in any way that would be uncomfortable to him. Probably, if you try to kiss him "properly," you'll most likely be pushed away by Mika and pulled away by security. You just don't do that to someone that you don't know.

I really was only joking when i said that,i may be cheeky but not that cheeky.

Oh really? What did she say afterwards? (Or vice versa)

Oh really? What did she say afterwards? (Or vice versa)

I didn't see it, my thirteen year old niece did, and told me about it when I was joking afterwards about the difficulty of resiting grabbing him and kissing him while I was talking to him (:lmfao:), but at the time, he was standing behind a little waist-high fence and everyone was basically in his face, crowding around him and wanting him to sign stuff. I suspect that she probably got an autograph, tried to kiss him, he shook his head no and stepped back, then he went on to the next person in line.

It was a weird night for a Mika-meet after the gig, and unlike most that I've read about in the review threads. He had five minutes to sign (his tour manager kept telling us every few seconds that he only had a couple of minutes left), we couldn't have photos, and he left before everyone had gotten something signed. One of the girls that I was hanging out with wasn't even in the back of the line at all and she didn't get an autograph, so I'm sure there were a lot of people that didn't get one. I still can't figure out why he was in such a hurry. I thought it could've been that he had a flight, but it was about 1 AM, and the next day there was news about him being late for the Miami gig because of a delayed flight. It may have been an issue of safety, since the venue was in a bad part of Atlanta and it's very dangerous at night, but there were people all around him to protect him. I don't know.

I was at that gig!:biggrin2:

But I had to sing the next day, so we had to leave right away. But I know that Center Stage has a bar-thing inside, so he might have been causing a distraction to them... plus, I guess they didn't want all the people around him to get jumped by someone either. I remember we parked at the Atlantic City(or whatever you call it) across the bridge, where there was a shooting a little while ago, and all the adults I was with were kind of freaking about being in the parking lot so late at night... one had her pepper spray on her.

He came straight from DC the day before and went to Florida the next day, so I bet he was dead tired

Hannah wasn't he getting quite sick at that point? Did he go to Atlanta after NY and DC? Because I know JackViolet caught whatever he had.

Yes, Atlanta was the next stop after NY.

He may have been sick and feeling really badly so that's why they hurried, but it was quite strange. It seemed as if they were worried about security. The backstage door was in a car-garage, but it wasn't far at all from where he signed. He came out the backstage doors, got into an SUV and the vehicle drove about 10 feet, security guards opened the doors for him and he climbed out (they even left all of the doors open so he could just jump in if he needed to). It's not like he couldn't have walked---there was no one in the car garage as they had already ushered everyone out. His mom, Yasmine and Lorna all had to walk up there to get in the car. John, the tour manager said, "Everyone, get in a line and do not crowd. If you crowd, Mika will leave. You have five minutes." Then, he proceeded to notify us after every minute how much time he had left, and people were told to leave the area after they had an autograph. Mika seemed a bit distracted, and Yasmine kept whispering in his ear. At one point, a girl said, "Hey Yasmine!" just being friendly, and she went and got in the car. :blink: He may have just been feeling very bad, as he didn't talk much and kind of kept a straight face most of the time. He seemed fine when I talked to him, but I could tell he was tired.

The whole thing was just weird. There were probably only about 30 of us, maybe only five guys in the whole bunch and the rest girls, between the ages of probably 13 and 25. Of course there was crowding when Mika came out, but it was just because people were hurrying and wanted to get an autograph before he left.

It's weird how quickly things changed in a couple of months. Suzy said he was standing around the MOD Club in Toronto after the show with no one to talk to when she approached him. You didn't even need to wait outside and security was minimal.

It's weird how quickly things changed in a couple of months. Suzy said he was standing around the MOD Club in Toronto after the show with no one to talk to when she approached him. You didn't even need to wait outside and security was minimal.

Yeah....he approached about 6 of us first at the queue..can u imagine?!...everyone seemed shocked and had no clue what to say.:blink:

Poor Mika had to politely talk about the weather because there were pauses of awkward silence. I was the most vocal, but all I could bring myself to say was "do you do autographs?" as I fumbled for my sharpie pen.

Then he commented on how big my sharpie pen was.

* All the better to write with (all over my body) my dear... * ha ha:roftl: :biggrin2:

Yeah....he approached about 6 of us first at the queue..can u imagine?!...everyone seemed shocked and had no clue what to say.:blink:

What I can't imagine is why I was sitting at home wondering if I should even bother going or not. :doh:

I'm just hoping that the Atlanta craziness was just a one-time thing, because that will be the only place that I would be able to see him next year (unless he does another gig somewhere else near NC), and I'd like to at least talk to him for longer than 20 seconds. If it was all a security measure, I really think that they were overdoing it. Atlanta IS super-dangerous (just waiting outside before the gig, there were two different vehicles that drove by yelling offensive things out the window and one threw a Franz Ferdinand CD at us :blink:), but in all honesty, I have full confidence that he could walk down the streets in the daytime and not be recognized by anyone, as they probably wouldn't know who he was.

I think that, in Atlanta especially, security could have been a little more relaxed. I could understand in a place like NY, he would need to be watched over for crazy fans, but Atlanta? I really do think that if he were to go into a restaurant and sit down, no one would ever know who he was.

You'd actually be suprised how conservative Georgia can be, which includes hating people who could be gay. I get made fun of a lot by people I used to count as friends for liking Mika. One of my friends(she used to be my bff, not anymore) actually made me cry from it. The city may be liberal, but the suburbs are ultra conservative(no offense to anyone who is conservative, but Georgia is in the bible belt) and automatically assume mika is gay(not saying he is or isn't, but my friend decided after 5 seconds that he is gay and won't even listen to his music, which sucks because I don't like all that much of the heavy stuff he listens to)

sorry If none of that made sense... I can't think right now...

You'd actually be suprised how conservative Georgia can be, which includes hating people who could be gay. I get made fun of a lot by people I used to count as friends for liking Mika. One of my friends(she used to be my bff, not anymore) actually made me cry from it. The city may be liberal, but the suburbs are ultra conservative(no offense to anyone who is conservative, but Georgia is in the bible belt) and automatically assume mika is gay(not saying he is or isn't, but my friend decided after 5 seconds that he is gay and won't even listen to his music, which sucks because I don't like all that much of the heavy stuff he listens to)

sorry If none of that made sense... I can't think right now...

I'm from North Carolina, which is very much the same in the aspect that you described. What time did you start to queue before the gig? Maybe you were there when the boys drove by and were shouting stuff at everyone in line. They yelled out, "Fat girls, lose weight!" and then "Fags!" and threw a Franz Ferdinand CD at us. :blink:

That's terrible! Where were you in line?

I think we stared kind of early, but I dunno. We were right on the corner, you know where the garage area was? We were right behind there! I think mika might have pulled out before the concert(in the passengers side) of a big white van that was parked outside after the show?

That's terrible! Where were you in line?

I think we stared kind of early, but I dunno. We were right on the corner, you know where the garage area was? We were right behind there! I think mika might have pulled out before the concert(in the passengers side) of a big white van that was parked outside after the show?

I was fourth in line, sitting on the steps.

Yeah, the van pulled in about 20 minutes after I got there (the area was pretty much deserted except for four people for the first two hours that I was there :lmfao: I got there way too early), and the band and Lorna got out, then the van left and a black SUV pulled up and let out Mika's mom, then shortly following, Mika got out. After the soundcheck, the white van pulled up again and I didn't see Mika get in it, but I've seen a girl's cellphone pic of him leaving in it. :thumb_yello:

Oh cool, so we saw you when we pulled around first before eating at moes! One of my friends I was with said "It looks like evryone's dressed fun. It looks like its gonna be a fun concert. " And I remember thinking all those girls look so cute! good job at picking out clothes! (boy I'm tired!)

Well, my brain's not working, so I'm gonna head on! See ya!

I'm from North Carolina, which is very much the same in the aspect that you described. What time did you start to queue before the gig? Maybe you were there when the boys drove by and were shouting stuff at everyone in line. They yelled out, "Fat girls, lose weight!" and then "Fags!" and threw a Franz Ferdinand CD at us. :blink:

How weird is that? It's no wonder he likes Montréal so much. He probably expected that Canada would be just more of the same US vibe, but I'm sure he was embraced in Québec the same way as he has been in France.

Toronto's a bit more reserved, but they're liberal and it's a very gay-friendly town, especially downtown where Mika would have spent all his time. I can't imagine him or his fans running into problems with anyone.

How weird is that? It's no wonder he likes Montréal so much. He probably expected that Canada would be just more of the same US vibe, but I'm sure he was embraced in Québec the same way as he has been in France.

Toronto's a bit more reserved, but they're liberal and it's a very gay-friendly town, especially downtown where Mika would have spent all his time. I can't imagine him or his fans running into problems with anyone.

That's cool!

Altanta isn't laid back like that...:tears: