Out.com - Katy Perry about Ur So Gay & about Mika

Blue

That Simple song, do you guys really think it's about Mika? Because I am not feeling it. Maybe some is, but if you write a song like that, wouldn't the whole song be about one person and not a mixture of people? I can't see him losing his apartment because he bought too much Louis Vuitton. Thats more of a female thing, with the handbags and stuff. Gosh I dislike LV bags. I will take my Dior any day!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That Simple song, do you guys really think it's about Mika? Because I am not feeling it. Maybe some is, but if you write a song like that, wouldn't the whole song be about one person and not a mixture of people? I can't see him losing his apartment because he bought too much Louis Vuitton. Thats more of a female thing, with the handbags and stuff. Gosh I dislike LV bags. I will take my Dior any day!

I don't think all of it's about Mika, if any of it is. The lyrics say something about Indie rock, which isn't exactly Mika's style.

And didn't she say in the article about him using straightening irons on his hair?! That doesn't sound like Mika either.

It's a good song though. :D

you take everything too raw... the whole song wouldn't be about him first, and second, she would sort of hide it behind some IMAGES/ALLUSIONS if it was about him... so that people could write threads and threads on forums trying to interpret the lyrics :wink2:

I love that song Ur so gay!!!!:D It's really good!:) And Katy Perry seems cool, wasn't she in the Gym Class Heroes video for Cupids Chokehold?

yes, she's the last girl in the video :thumb_yello:

I don't think all of it's about Mika, if any of it is. The lyrics say something about Indie rock, which isn't exactly Mika's style.

And didn't she say in the article about him using straightening irons on his hair?! That doesn't sound like Mika either.

It's a good song though. :D

see upthere... oh and you're talking about you're so gay quoting "indie rock" and all that... they were talking about simple... but same, upthere... :wink2:

you take everything too raw... the whole song wouldn't be about him first, and second, she would sort of hide it behind some IMAGES/ALLUSIONS if it was about him... so that people could write threads and threads on forums trying to interpret the lyrics :wink2:

yes, she's the last girl in the video :thumb_yello:

see upthere... oh and you're talking about you're so gay quoting "indie rock" and all that... they were talking about simple... but same, upthere... :wink2:

Oh, I see.

thanx for that:)lol me=stupid, sorry!:D

you take everything too raw... the whole song wouldn't be about him first, and second, she would sort of hide it behind some IMAGES/ALLUSIONS if it was about him... so that people could write threads and threads on forums trying to interpret the lyrics

[/color]

Fair Enough. As for taking 'everything too raw', hey - I am just asking the question. If you go and check from the beginning, there seemed to be a large agreeance (yourself included) that the song was or was possibly written about Mika.

Your reply to this song makes sense - I do not know why you did not post this a few pages back.

Fair Enough. As for taking 'everything too raw', hey - I am just asking the question. If you go and check from the beginning, there seemed to be a large agreeance (yourself included) that the song was or was possibly written about Mika.

Your reply to this song makes sense - I do not know why you did not post this a few pages back.

never said it was about mika. i don't know what i wrote that could make you think that, or if i was drunk when i wrote it :naughty: ... if you could quote what you found, please ? (not being sarcastic or anything, just really surprised, and not knowing what you're talking about :blink: )

and there is another thread about Katy, created before this one, where you can find info too, this one is just since the article... and i certainly posted my reply somewhere else (in the other thread or anywhere else) and this thread just went on without me cause i stopped posting here for a few weeks until about 1 month ago :thumb_yello: i don't know what to tell you...

Oh, I didn't look at the dates these were written, perhaps you forgot what you wrote hehe....

well, here are some things you've said and then VioletSky's response which indicates she trusts you to make a correct asumption as to the song was written about him. But then you DID go and say not to take your word for it....

Sorry - I really have no idea who this Katy Perry is and I listed to the Ur So Gay song on youtube and I thought it wasn't very good at all so I am certainly no expert on this woman.

Truce :thumb_yello:

to know if Simple "might be" about Mika, just check what year it was written in, what year they were introduced by Greg Wells and here you have your answer ! :thumb_yello:

I take it as a 'yes'. :mf_rosetinted: (Far too lazy to investigate right now...LOL, plus, if it's YOU to say it... I think I don't have to. I knew your KP obsession would be good for something in the end :naughty: )

erm... to THIS question i don't have the answer :blink: (master ioda speaking :naughty: )

take it as what you want , but i'm not taking the responsability ! i was just pointing the fact that you could find an embryo of answer if you wanted to :wink2:

oh and i forgot, sorry !! the "you" was a general "you", like in "here in this forum, as i've noticed many times, you take things too raw", absoloutely not directed at you ! just realized you thought i had written it for you...

Oh, I didn't look at the dates these were written, perhaps you forgot what you wrote hehe....

well, here are some things you've said and then VioletSky's response which indicates she trusts you to make a correct asumption as to the song was written about him. But then you DID go and say not to take your word for it....

Sorry - I really have no idea who this Katy Perry is and I listed to the Ur So Gay song on youtube and I thought it wasn't very good at all so I am certainly no expert on this woman.

Truce :thumb_yello:

oooh ok...

the things you quoted were written yesterday... and i just said that if people were interested to investigate wether the song "Simple" was about mika or not, they should just check if the date they met (introduced by their common producer) was before or after the date she wrote the song... if they were introduced before she wrote it, so MAYBE it COULD be about him (partly or totally)... if they were introduced after she wrote the song, the "mystery" was solved and it was absoloutely not about him...

violet_sky said she was taking it as a "yes" cause she knows i like the girl and know pretty much about her, so she thought i was teasing them, but she was wrong, i was not giving any answer, simply cause i don't have it ! :biggrin2: that's the whole story :naughty:

As a part of the answer, Simple is on the OST of the movie Sisterhood of the Travelling pants (which i haven't seen and i don't plan to see), and she proposed the song to them for it to be part of the OST... I don't know the year this movie was out, but there lies your "mystery solution" peeps ! :thumb_yello:

And only for your information, Katy is a singer, recently signed under a label that some of us like cause her lyrics are simply hilarious and true... well, that's why i like her, though. and she has a good voice too, of course, in the opinions of people who like her. She also works with Greg Wells, who is Mika's Life In Cartoon Motion producer, and he introduced them (as she says in the article) in 2006 : she was already working with Greg Wells, and Mika had just arrived for him to produce LICM : he thought they could get along and that's what happened for the little story...

Another part of the story and why Katy Perry first arrived on this forum is that on her myspace, you can find old comments from Mika's private myspace, and those comments are quite explicit... and as you know, people tend to interpret everything, so here we go : Mika and Katy were in love... that's why the forum first heard of her... the thing is : we only have half of the conversation (we can't see her replies on MMMM's profile) and having a guess on how both are, i don't think those comments are to be taken raw :wink2:... who knows ?

oooh ok...

the things you quoted were written yesterday... and i just said that if people were interested to investigate wether the song "Simple" was about mika or not, they should just check if the date they met (introduced by their common producer) was before or after the date she wrote the song... if they were introduced before she wrote it, so MAYBE it COULD be about him (partly or totally)... if they were introduced after she wrote the song, the "mystery" was solved and it was absoloutely not about him...

violet_sky said she was taking it as a "yes" cause she knows i like the girl and know pretty much about her, so she thought i was teasing them, but she was wrong, i was not giving any answer, simply cause i don't have it ! :biggrin2: that's the whole story :naughty:

As a part of the answer, Simple is on the OST of the movie Sisterhood of the Travelling pants (which i haven't seen and i don't plan to see), and she proposed the song to them for it to be part of the OST... I don't know the year this movie was out, but there lies your "mystery solution" peeps ! :thumb_yello:

And only for your information, Katy is a singer, recently signed under a label that some of us like cause her lyrics are simply hilarious and true... well, that's why i like her, though. and she has a good voice too, of course, in the opinions of people who like her. She also works with Greg Wells, who is Mika's Life In Cartoon Motion producer, and he introduced them (as she says in the article) in 2006 : she was already working with Greg Wells, and Mika had just arrived for him to produce LICM : he thought they could get along and that's what happened for the little story...

Another part of the story and why Katy Perry first arrived on this forum is that on her myspace, you can find old comments from Mika's private myspace, and those comments are quite explicit... and as you know, people tend to interpret everything, so here we go : Mika and Katy were in love... that's why the forum first heard of her... the thing is : we only have half of the conversation (we can't see her replies on MMMM's profile) and having a guess on how both are, i don't think those comments are to be taken raw :wink2:... who knows ?

LOL, that was lion-hearted!

thin ice... :naughty:

Dynamite! (At least it holds much more explosive potential than any lyrics interpretation can ever have :roftl: )

Why not post that one in the "The Real Life of Mika" thread and then wait for it to explode with a big BANGGG in Cartoon Motion?

*goes for earplugs*

Are you joking or what? Were they in love? Or am I stupid?:naughty:

i'm joking : i said that the power of interpretation of the people here got some naughty messages between friends interpreted into a lovers relationship...

but the truth is : we don't know, they MIGHT as well have been in a lovers relationship :wink2:

i'm joking : i said that the power of interpretation of the people here got some naughty messages between friends interpreted into a lovers relationship...

but the truth is : we don't know, they MIGHT as well have been in a lovers relationship :wink2:

O yeah...i was so confused:naughty: