People who knows the pain by wisdom teeth thread.

baehj

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Six?!!! Geez! I believe I only had two. One on the inside of my mouth and the other on the outside. I was really young then so maybe that's why, maybe they didn't have to use as much.

How little?? Like, a child or-?

I also had 6 injections... And many stitches :thumbdown:.

Yeah! 6, 3 per tooth for you too? It's scary. ODn't you just think that those in the roof of your mouth was worst?

They keep on falling into my food and turning me off. I accidentally swallowed one and wanted to gag. I'm a vegetarian so it doesn't help knowing that they're made from cow intestines. :boxed:

eeww! When you look at it like that.....:puking:

eeww! When you look at it like that.....:puking:

You guys are not going to believe this, but here goes anyways. Two weeks before 4 impacted wisdom teeth were extracted with conscious sedation I had 2 horrific events in a 24 hour period - and that was beside the usual abuse that took place at home. I was date-raped, then a few hours later went to the Elton John Concert in Montreal (Nov. 1974) with someone I was totally mad about. After the show I not only told him how I felt about him but also about the sexual assault. Well, to make a long story short he basically dumped me. I was devastated, to say the least. By the time I went to get my wisdom teeth extracted 2 weeks later I had lost 20 pounds! No typo here - 20 pounds in 2 weeks! Then I lost EVEN MORE 'cause I got so physically sick afterwards and couldn't eat for quite a long while. A very dark time of my life. I started therapy soon after that November weekend in Hell......

You guys are not going to believe this, but here goes anyways. Two weeks before 4 impacted wisdom teeth were extracted with conscious sedation I had 2 horrific events in a 24 hour period - and that was beside the usual abuse that took place at home. I was date-raped, then a few hours later went to the Elton John Concert in Montreal (Nov. 1974) with someone I was totally mad about. After the show I not only told him how I felt about him but also about the sexual assault. Well, to make a long story short he basically dumped me. I was devastated, to say the least. By the time I went to get my wisdom teeth extracted 2 weeks later I had lost 20 pounds! No typo here - 20 pounds in 2 weeks! Then I lost EVEN MORE 'cause I got so physically sick afterwards and couldn't eat for quite a long while. A very dark time of my life. I started therapy soon after that November weekend in Hell......

:shocked: Oh my God. I'm speechless, I don't know what to say. I'm glad that you got help and pulled through. You deserve respect for that. :huglove:

:shocked: Oh my God. I'm speechless, I don't know what to say. I'm glad that you got help and pulled through. You deserve respect for that. :huglove:

Pffffffttttttttt that was only the beginning - it got 'way, 'way worse after that!!! Most people would NOT have survived what I have ! Doctors, therapists, etc. have told me this COUNTLESS times.....

Pffffffttttttttt that was only the beginning - it got 'way, 'way worse after that!!! Most people would NOT have survived what I have ! Doctors, therapists, etc. have told me this COUNTLESS times.....

Then that makes you an especially amazing woman to have survived it all when others could not. :original:

Yes. Calico is a perfect name for you , because it reminds me of a cat (with 9 lives).

Haven't seen you in a long time calicojasmine - I was thinking about you and worried that I hadn't read your posts in a long time, but then elanorelle posted somewhere that you were going to meet. Hope you guys had a fab time. :biggrin2:

My dentist told me I would have to worry about mine until my late twenties to which my mom replied, "Oh good, you'll be old enough to pay for it yourself." Always thinking ahead, she is.

I was thinking...my oldest brother got his out in high school...actually maybe even junior high...my other brother should have gotten his out this summer. Maybe he did, I was gone most of the summer, haha, and he's 18. But I won't even have to worry about mine until my late twenties. Weird how wisdom teeth work...:naughty:

Then that makes you an especially amazing woman to have survived it all when others could not. :original:

Thanks *********huge sigh*********

I'd rather none of it have happened tho' -

I'm STILL going thru so many bad things...... I know my time here on Earth is definitely limited....... so tired...

Yes. Calico is a perfect name for you , because it reminds me of a cat (with 9 lives).

Haven't seen you in a long time calicojasmine - I was thinking about you and worried that I hadn't read your posts in a long time, but then elanorelle posted somewhere that you were going to meet. Hope you guys had a fab time. :biggrin2:

Yeah, I've been going thru a really bad patch again - had some falls and injuries to my ribs. Then I narrowly escaped death about a month ago. That's a story in itself!!!

But Elanorelle came over to Vancouver with her BF Ritch - we had SUCH A BLAST - went out to eat, for drinks, dessert, came back to my place and watched the new Mika DVD!!! Such an AWESOME TIME!!!!:punk::thumb_yello:

How little?? Like, a child or-?

Yeah! 6, 3 per tooth for you too? It's scary. ODn't you just think that those in the roof of your mouth was worst?

I was a child somewhere between 1st and 6th grade. I do agree that the shots in the roof of your mouth hurt like crazy. :sneaky2:

They keep on falling into my food and turning me off. I accidentally swallowed one and wanted to gag. I'm a vegetarian so it doesn't help knowing that they're made from cow intestines. :boxed:

Cow intestines?! Did you look up what they were made of or had you learned that before you went in and had the surgery done? I have no clue what I thought they were made of. I just figured it was a thread like material that broke down over time.

That's so horrible! I'm so sorry that you had to go through that! :sad: I'm glad you went and got help after.

I was a child somewhere between 1st and 6th grade. I do agree that the shots in the roof of your mouth hurt like crazy. :sneaky2:

Cow intestines?! Did you look up what they were made of or had you learned that before you went in and had the surgery done? I have no clue what I thought they were made of. I just figured it was a thread like material that broke down over time.

That's so horrible! I'm so sorry that you had to go through that! :sad: I'm glad you went and got help after.

Thanks, but as I said earlier, that was just the beginning...... My life has and continues to play out like a Greek tragedy..... it's getting annoying... LOL!:wink2::blink:

My dentist told me I would have to worry about mine until my late twenties to which my mom replied, "Oh good, you'll be old enough to pay for it yourself." Always thinking ahead, she is.

LOL. :lol3: It's a fair point, though. My surgery cost almost $2500. :shocked:

My sister is a dentist so she told me before I had the surgery done. They're much better than conventional stitches because with the latter you need to return to the surgeon later on to have them removed. The dissolvable kind fall out on their own when you've healed. They're just a turn off, that's all.

Yeah, I've been going thru a really bad patch again - had some falls and injuries to my ribs. Then I narrowly escaped death about a month ago. That's a story in itself!!!

But Elanorelle came over to Vancouver with her BF Ritch - we had SUCH A BLAST - went out to eat, for drinks, dessert, came back to my place and watched the new Mika DVD!!! Such an AWESOME TIME!!!!:punk::thumb_yello:

I hope that you get through this rough patch too. I'm glad to hear that you all had a wonderful time. Everyone needs the occasional R&R. :biggrin2:

LOL. :lol3: It's a fair point, though. My surgery cost almost $2500.

My sister is a dentist so she told me before I had the surgery done. They're much better than conventional stitches because with the latter you need to return to the surgeon later on to have them removed. The dissolvable kind fall out on their own when you've healed. They're just a turn off, that's all.

I hope that you get through this rough patch too. I'm glad to hear that you all had a wonderful time. Everyone needs the occasional R&R.

Thank you so much for that. I was LONG OVERDUE for some FUN!!!! :thumb_yello::naughty: And for the record Elanorelle and her BF Ritch are the sweetest people around!! The mfc is sooooo fantastic - it allows us to hook up and meet the best of the best people!!!! YAY MFC!!!:punk::yay::cheers::woot_jump:

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to bump up this thread but I need to vent!

Ive just been to a dentist, who said that my wisdom teeth are pressing against my other teeth and are also infected. they havent even come through the gum yet and all 4 need to be taken out!

Problem is Im going away for summer school for 2 weeks. and they cant do it before then, not to mention the fact it will cost me $1473 to have them removed under sedation! not only a pain in my teeth, but a pain in my wallet too! :thumbdown:

they havent even come through the gum yet and all 4 need to be taken out!

My lower wisdom teeth were also still hidden under the gum, they were removed a view weeks ago. It wassend as bad as I thought it would be.

Well lucky me, I have to have all 4 out at the same time!

and apparently afterwards you have to eat puree for the next few weeks... :thumbdown: Im not looking froward to that, but im looking forward to my neighboring teeth not cracking due to the stress :boxed:

I was glad to have all 4 done at the same time. You just go in, have it done and that's it. You don't have to go back in for round two. Also I believe the same week I had it done I started on solids again. You just have to go slow, be careful and work your way up to eating tougher foods.

I hate to bump up this thread but I need to vent!

Ive just been to a dentist, who said that my wisdom teeth are pressing against my other teeth and are also infected. they havent even come through the gum yet and all 4 need to be taken out!

Problem is Im going away for summer school for 2 weeks. and they cant do it before then, not to mention the fact it will cost me $1473 to have them removed under sedation! not only a pain in my teeth, but a pain in my wallet too! :thumbdown:

:blink::shocked: That many money!? For a couple of teeth!? Crazy!!!

I feel for you.

Sorry people , i need to vent my pain somewhere ...... :tears:

I'M IN F***ING AGONY WITH MY WISDOM TOOTH !!!!!

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

*hugs*

Me too! AND Ive just been told, I can go through the public system, but I will have to wait A minimum of.....6 MONTHS!!! AHH!! its bad enough I have to go on holiday with sore teeth, but That they are infected and I have the choice of not being able to pay for it, or waiting at least 6 months in agony!! :thumbdown: