Mirtilla

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i can't leave it there!

Sorry just must go, all else really was when we went out back a very few fans were waitng for Kooks , i mean hardly any compared to Mika gigs, about ten people? Anyway a really sweet couple were waitng but the band just mainly walked past and said sorry we can't stop!

It seemed a real shame:thumbdown:

I saw Fez and asked if he could help!:blush-anim-cl:

He did try bless him and went and asked but they would not sign the poster:thumbdown: A really sad thing for them, but hey i guess it happens , I'm used to Mika being so generous!:wub2:

It was great and thing is i'll see them again soon in Edinburgh!!!!

Well that is plenty of me for now!!!

Anyone want to join me??? You are very welcome :thumb_yello:

So we headed back to bar area with clip boards in hand! We got some more and then suddenly standing beside me was Fez!!! :shocked:

Hello I said, we’ve been working hard for you tonight! He was well pleased and very nice , got a pic with him and had a chat for a bit, then Rocky appeared too ! He was very sweet to and also took pics with me, see my avvie, my pal Julie said she wanted one without the shades! He was sweet and they appreciated us doing the sigs for them. Had a chat about slightly different crowd to Mika gigs! I mentioned MFC!!!! They were like oh yeah , did I know Sarah ? Well I do know a few Sarah’s I wonder who they meant? I’m not sure? We kept chatting anyway in the meantime promoting them along the way! I kept introducing them to folk and asking if they liked them and to sign up!! At one point someone asked me if I was their manager!!!!!:roftl:

Peter and Rufio also came out and were very nice too, I got my pics with them all thanks to my pals camera phone! Quite a few other folk had pics too I think and it was all very friendly and chatty. We were then getting hassled to leave the place so had to move out front, they said they were going to go next door for a drink but it was actually shut anyway when we got out! Never mind! The girl came and took our clip boards but we were not up for the prize t shirt ! The guy had got 5 full pages , oh well never mind! Then realised they will be back in Edinburgh in a few weeks time so guess where I’m going !!!!!:punk:

I’ll need to do part 3 tomorrow now but I’ll post pics quickly, there is not much more but I’ll finish it then. I need to go just now :wink2:

The Sara they were most likely talkng about, is Bo Peep. She's been friends with them since they first toured with Mika, and has been to one of their earlier intimate shows.

Thanks for the pics and report Vicky. Looks like a great gig. I'm thinking of going to see the Kooks. They're playing the same venue as Mika did recently in Toronto. It's sold out already though so I'll have a hard time getting tickets. :thumbdown:

Wow....sounds like you had a great time, Vicky, Palladium are lovely guys, I have met them twice and both time they have been so sweet!

11 Days til Palladium in London, I cannot wait!! :mf_lustslow: This time, I am not there as a reporter but an enthusiastic fan, lol :wink2:

However, of course I will post a ful report when I can!

Who else will be in London for the gig???

XxX

The Sara they were most likely talkng about, is Bo Peep. She's been friends with them since they first toured with Mika, and has been to one of their earlier intimate shows.

Ok, i did wonder, not seen her here for a while though.

Thanks for the pics and report Vicky. Looks like a great gig. I'm thinking of going to see the Kooks. They're playing the same venue as Mika did recently in Toronto. It's sold out already though so I'll have a hard time getting tickets. :thumbdown:

Good luck with that. They are very good live , a real atmosphere generated.:punk:

I wonder who the support is for them there? Maybe you can win tickets for them like it did for Palladium and get The Kooks thrown in too!:roftl:

Wow....sounds like you had a great time, Vicky, Palladium are lovely guys, I have met them twice and both time they have been so sweet!

11 Days til Palladium in London, I cannot wait!! :mf_lustslow: This time, I am not there as a reporter but an enthusiastic fan, lol :wink2:

However, of course I will post a ful report when I can!

Who else will be in London for the gig???

XxX

Only Edinburgh for me i'm afraid , and maybe Dundee if i can !:wink2:

Wait so did their album come out yet?

I don't think so , no. I think these guys could really make it one day, i'm sure they will.

As far as I know the release date of the album is 19 May now.

I don't like The Kooks as much as I like Palladium though. I mean, I love their music, but I really can't see myself waiting for them after the show for a chat and to tell them that I enjoyed it so much. And it took me ages to remember the names of the other 2 Kooks members (it was always 'Luke, Hugh and the other two'). But I'm addicted to the live recording of their gig in the Liverpool Barfly in March this year. :naughty:

I like them, but just as in 'I like'. I still prefer Palladium a lot. :blush-anim-cl:

Thanks for the lovely long report and pics, Vicky! Hehe! Looks like Rufio was wearing the same shirt and glitter vizor that he wore in Hammersmith. :naughty: And Rocky was wearing that blue jacket then! :roftl: I love how they use the same clothes time after time. Why toss a good piece of clothing away? ;)

Can't wait to see them in 15 days! :partytime2:

Hey that's funny, the pics weren't visible when I looked 15 min ago but now they are clearly visible to me! Very nice! You got a pic with all 4 of them Vicky, how cool! I only have one with Rufio so far. :naughty:

Great reports! You must have had a fantastic evening - wish I could come with you on the 28th but I really can't make it to Edinburgh that day. I will be in Edinburgh in July though - fingers crossed! :naughty:

Here's what I'd like them to wear next time I see them... :naughty:

Peter: the leather pants thank you

Rocky: the red pants please

Rufio: that pink shirt and silver or blue vizor

Fez: the purple/dark red vest and a black shirt

And the blue jacket either on Rufio or Rocky.

:naughty:

In case I sound pervy I add that they are allowed to wear other clothes too... :shocked::biggrin2:

As far as I know the release date of the album is 19 May now.

I don't like The Kooks as much as I like Palladium though. I mean, I love their music, but I really can't see myself waiting for them after the show for a chat and to tell them that I enjoyed it so much. And it took me ages to remember the names of the other 2 Kooks members (it was always 'Luke, Hugh and the other two'). But I'm addicted to the live recording of their gig in the Liverpool Barfly in March this year.

I like them, but just as in 'I like'. I still prefer Palladium a lot. :blush-anim-cl:

Well i must admit i still know very little about The Kooks! I need to do some research! It was good to see them but like you say i don;t think , from what i saw anyway that they are a kind of hang around with fans kind of band? Maybe a bit too cool?:cool: However i'm now a huge Palladium fan and i need an album!!! I'm listening to High 5 and Happy hour over and over!!!

Thanks for the lovely long report and pics, Vicky! Hehe! Looks like Rufio was wearing the same shirt and glitter vizor that he wore in Hammersmith.And Rocky was wearing that blue jacket then! :roftl: I love how they use the same clothes time after time. Why toss a good piece of clothing away? ;)

Can't wait to see them in 15 days!

Rufio was wearing a very strange but nice top thing , looked like a bib! He called it straight jacket! maybe it was?

Hey that's funny, the pics weren't visible when I looked 15 min ago but now they are clearly visible to me! Very nice! You got a pic with all 4 of them Vicky, how cool! I only have one with Rufio so far.

Great reports! You must have had a fantastic evening - wish I could come with you on the 28th but I really can't make it to Edinburgh that day. I will be in Edinburgh in July though - fingers crossed!

Well if you change your mind , you are welome , I was lucky my friend just kept saying can i take your photo ! They were very sweet about it:wink2:

What are you in Edinburgh for in July??

Here's what I'd like them to wear next time I see them...

Peter: the leather pants thank you

Rocky: the red pants please

Rufio: that pink shirt and silver or blue vizor

Fez: the purple/dark red vest and a black shirt

And the blue jacket either on Rufio or Rocky.

In case I sound pervy I add that they are allowed to wear other clothes too... :shocked::biggrin2:

Sounds cool! Peter as you can see had some major metal work round his neck!

A straight jacket? It doesn't look like a jacket to me, more like a bib like you said. I just wonder if it's attached to the shirt 'cause Rufio seems to wear it only with that shirt.

Peter had that metal necklace in their last video shoot too. I can't wait to see how the video turned out.

Do you think that I think too much if I suggest that Rocky might have a lazy eye? :roftl: He often has his left eye more closed than the other one in photos. It's like that in Vicky's photo and mine too. Like this -> :blink:

I have it that way as well and therefore look like a complete dumb sometimes. :naughty: We're like twins here:

Rockyandme2.jpg

Photo taken sometime way after midnight. That might explain something. :blink::lmao:

Palladium have a new blog about the last three gigs with The Kooks on MySpace, and of course this article: http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/features/Kooks-review-Upstaged-by-a.4033509.jp

Bridesmaid... :roftl:

Ha ! My local paper and i never even got a copy!

Thanks very much for that, to be honest i pretty much agree with that!

It was a shame there was very little chat from the band and i did get the feeling they maybe did not have to try very hard, where as Palladium and support acts do! The performance was pretty powerful tho and was well appreciated by the audience i think, who were in the main, very young!

It is a pity when you see little chat to the paying audience i agree, to me, it means a lot! I'm greddy that way but i love the chat, even Mika did not do as much in London as i'd hoped for with the re sceduled gigs!

Oh yes, another thing i remembered, i think it was Peter, yeah , he was saying how they tried to get Mika and the band to go out with them for drinks etc after gigs but they were not really up for it! Guess we kinda know that about them already !

Mr private Mika! But he gives his fans lots ususally so we can't complain :blush-anim-cl:

Do you think that I think too much if I suggest that Rocky might have a lazy eye? :roftl: He often has his left eye more closed than the other one in photos. It's like that in Vicky's photo and mine too. Like this -> :blink:

I have it that way as well and therefore look like a complete dumb sometimes. We're like twins here:

Rockyandme2.jpg

Photo taken sometime way after midnight. That might explain something.

That's nice!:wub2:

He looks very young there! I see now what you mean about the eye , well you know i had a lazy eye when younger and had a patch on the other one to strengthen it, also Mika has one! We have good company!!:roftl:

You notice the v again ! In my photo from Rufio!:naughty:

Ha ! My local paper and i never even got a copy!

Thanks very much for that, to be honest i pretty much agree with that!

It was a shame there was very little chat from the band and i did get the feeling they maybe did not have to try very hard, where as Palladium and support acts do! The performance was pretty powerful tho and was well appreciated by the audience i think, who were in the main, very young!

It is a pity when you see little chat to the paying audience i agree, to me, it means a lot! I'm greddy that way but i love the chat, even Mika did not do as much in London as i'd hoped for with the re sceduled gigs!

Oh yes, another thing i remembered, i think it was Peter, yeah , he was saying how they tried to get Mika and the band to go out with them for drinks etc after gigs but they were not really up for it! Guess we kinda know that about them already !

Mr private Mika! But he gives his fans lots ususally so we can't complain :blush-anim-cl:

Thanks for your review, Vicky!! :punk:

Sounds like a fun concert!

Thanks for your review, Vicky!! :punk:

Sounds like a fun concert!

It was great fun actually :punk: I think the whole experience!

I used to have an eye patch too! :roftl: Someday I'll ask Rocky if he used to have it. When I'm brave enough.

He is very young indeed. He'll always be. ;)

Well there you go ! Eye patches must be cool ! maybe the next accesssory!:roftl:

He's 22. :)

oh well! just 2 years younger than Mika!!and eh .... 15 than me!!!:shocked:

Where's that article again which says when their birthdays are? I'm not sure if Rufio is still 22 and Peter 25. I think their birthdays are sometime in spring.

I found it:

PalladiumLondonPaper240707.jpg

So Rufio's birthday will be soon!