Yeah, I went away being upset over the book, but it is good to be able to keep an open mind. I just felt that Jim could have been a little more discreet (who wants to read about their sex lives together??? not me....)

He's also very bitter towards Mary Austen and he tells some things about her that she did. It's sort of a he-said, she-said thing. You are not sure who to believe. I think he was mostly hurt that Mary got the bulk of Freddie's fortune. Ah well.

Anyway...hope you enjoy it. It certainly sheds a different light on Freddie's life. You'll be in tears by the end, no doubt.

Total Freddie lover here.

HATED that book by Jim. So tacky! Its a good thing Freddie was already dead because that book would have killed him. He was so PRIVATE.

I think it is NEVER in good taste to write about someone after they are dead because they cannot defend themselves and who is to say what is true or not. Plus since most of the men who were involved were also dead from AIDS it really became one man's "idea" of Freddie and truthfully if he was so important to him I think Freddie would have left him a little more than he did.

I'm sure Jim meant something to Freddie on some level but I do not personally believe that it was a "love" relationship. Freddie was not capable of loving a man (in his own words). His soulmate was Mary Austin plain and simple.

I love having found this thread and will be going through the next 100 plus pages! You'll find when it comes to Freddie I have very definite opinions!

I am aware of that book but I never 'dared' to read it. It's not that it would have changed my opinion on Freddie but I think I would have felt really really bad about sinking to the level of the person who sold his story. :thumbdown:

...and I also remember this guy being pissed off as Freddie left almost everything to Mary... and how right he was, it seems.

I did not even know Peter Freestone wrote a book... That book must be rather different though - would read that one.

So you didn't find Jim's book appalling? That's the adjective people used to describe it with ...I remember that...

I did not even know Peter Freestone wrote a book... That book must be rather different though - would read that one.

So you didn't find Jim's book appalling? That's the adjective people used to describe it with ...I remember that...

Yeah. It's kind of sweet :naughty:

Well I haven't read it for years, but from what I can remember, it wasn't that bad :dunno:

Total Freddie lover here.

HATED that book by Jim. So tacky! Its a good thing Freddie was already dead because that book would have killed him. He was so PRIVATE.

I think it is NEVER in good taste to write about someone after they are dead because they cannot defend themselves and who is to say what is true or not. Plus since most of the men who were involved were also dead from AIDS it really became one man's "idea" of Freddie and truthfully if he was so important to him I think Freddie would have left him a little more than he did.

I'm sure Jim meant something to Freddie on some level but I do not personally believe that it was a "love" relationship. Freddie was not capable of loving a man (in his own words). His soulmate was Mary Austin plain and simple.

I love having found this thread and will be going through the next 100 plus pages! You'll find when it comes to Freddie I have very definite opinions!

Yes I think your right , I mean would freddie really have wanted people to know he was in bed and Jim carried him and his leg snapped etc etc :boxed:

I did read it a long time ago , as an aside I wounder if it was pulled ? its somewhat of a collectors item on ebay now.

i think that jim guy is well creepy and i agree poor fred, funny that Mary didnt write a book, I think she could reveal alot more...true love though wasnt it:mf_rosetinted:

You know thats a great point! she never did huh? . no limelight or anything , just sat back

She was his love without question

Freddie sigh so missed :wub2:

I rem seeing your pix of your visit on here, they were really good. I went there ages ago, after he died, just saw lots of messages, didnt do much for me though, i just felt like i didnt belong there, weird, i often feel like that though:blink:

Im so with you on that one fred, Its so gutting to never have seen him. It is just amazing I can be totally miserable and in despair with my life and i stick on a Queen dvd and its like 'going home' I love that feeling hows he do it, i dunno, but so wish id seen him live too, it sucks

well i wish i was allowed to too, we are far too sensible in my house:boxed: You are doing a great job of stalking him:roftl: and leading the troops

So whats changed since youve been a mika convert Fred, its been a while, is there any budding mika romances for you? Has youre life got better, or was it already great

well i wish i was allowed to too, we are far too sensible in my house:boxed: You are doing a great job of stalking him:roftl: and leading the troops

So whats changed since youve been a mika convert Fred, its been a while, is there any budding mika romances for you? Has youre life got better, or was it already great

Hmmmm theres a question , wellll December 2006 I didnt have a computer and i got one and the internet and joined the MFC as soon as I logged in :roftl:

So Im much more net savy , I always thought it was full of loon and I was much more of a busy RL person so yeh .. BUtttttttttt there are some amazing people on here and I guess I would be lost without it , weird!

My life was always great I guess its given me some focus you know? filled a gap that need to be filled.

Stalking him hmmmmmmm the fact he even knew me I found freaky , seeing someone like TOTALLY unknown at a Uni gig then BOOM ..

Kinda what I would of loved to have done with Queen you know ? followed from the start , collected from the start etc etc.

For the MFC , I always remembering reading an article where Freddie used to see the Queen fans from the fanclub and call then the "Royal Family" .. I suppose thats where the MFC is going :mf_lustslow:

I went there ages ago, after he died, just saw lots of messages, didnt do much for me though, i just felt like i didnt belong there, weird, i often feel like that though:blink:

I know what you mean... I went there on my very first visit to the UK, in 1993 and I also passed by once more 3 years ago after I was away from London for several years...

It was a kind of pilgrimage, I suppose - sounds weird, I know. :teehee:

For the MFC , I always remembering reading an article where Freddie used to see the Queen fans from the fanclub and call then the "Royal Family" .. I suppose thats where the MFC is going :mf_lustslow:

all fab fred, i still think of you as a dark horse though and I mean that in a nice way, you are just so friendly on here and im prob the only person who hasnt met you, which is rubbish. Anyway how cute was Mr Mercury when he welcomed the royal family at his concerts, really sweet, you could see his smouldering beaming smile was so full of pride at making them all so happy!! God love him...and yeah Mika's MFC is just the same you are so right.

I know what you mean... I went there on my very first visit to the UK, in 1993 and I also passed by once more 3 years ago after I was away from London for several years...

It was a kind of pilgrimage, I suppose - sounds weird, I know. :teehee:

not wierd atall i know how you feel, i think we all do in here, some people just break into your heart and never ever leave. Sometimes even ppl who dont really know us, like fred and mika (but we feel like we know them) and it is weird makes no sense to me

all fab fred, i still think of you as a dark horse though and I mean that in a nice way, you are just so friendly on here and im prob the only person who hasnt met you, which is rubbish. Anyway how cute was Mr Mercury when he welcomed the royal family at his concerts, really sweet, you could see his smouldering beaming smile was so full of pride at making them all so happy!! God love him...and yeah Mika's MFC is just the same you are so right.

Yes that was always the "vision" for me , just a blind vison :shocked: , no idea how anything would happen or could happen ....

Yes we must meet next year !!

Yes I am a dark horse , I should be here , I dont fit the mould ONE bit:roftl:

Butt I believe in Mika SO much , I believe in the MFC anddddd Im blessed with so many new friends :wub2:

But .... hmmmmmm if i came in say now .. I wouldnt stay , something have to feel "right"