It is a Beach Boys song and came out under the name of Larry Lurex (reference to Gary Glitter:naughty:)

Here is the story behind:

"During the Summer of 1972, QUEEN were to be found lurking in the corridors and reception area of Trident Studios, London, waiting for any available studio time so they could work on their debut album.

Their sudio deal with Trident had not yet been signed, and the likes of David Bowie and Elton John kept the studios - then considered the best in London - extremely busy.

At the time, Trident staff engineer/producer Robin Cable was working on an old Beach Boys song called "I Can Hear Music", a song co-written with Phil Spector.

Spector had recently been in the studios recording with his wife Ronnie and, suitably inspired, Robin decided to have a go at re-creating the 'Spector sound' himself.

He'd heard FREDDIE MERCURY singing with Queen and, aware that the band had plenty of free time in between recording sessions, he asked the singer if he'd sing the vocals for the track in question.

At Freddie's insistence, fellow Queen members Roger Taylor and Brian May were drafted in to add percussion and guitars, though bassist John Deacon was not present at recording."

i know fred sang this as Larry L but its the wrong vid, wow you have encyclopedia brain :thumb_yello:

You see my dear , there .. he is Mika , the look , the pose , just something , even looks like him :wub2:

Even more here :wub2::wub2:

:wub2:

I have a confession to make about Somebody to Love but I only dare to say it on the Queeniac thread as that's where I might be forgiven for my outrageous thoughts and weird associations....:teehee:

The STRUCTURE of Happy Ending reminds me of Somebody to Love:blush-anim-cl:

:swoon:

:wub2:

I have a confession to make about Somebody to Love but I only dare to say it on the Queeniac thread as that's where I might be forgiven for my outragous thoughts and weird associations....:teehee:

The STRUCTURE of Happy Ending reminds me of Somebody to Love:blush-anim-cl:

:swoon:

so many mika songs remind me of queen so so many

fred i can hardly keep up:roftl: and wow they so rock here

They were done 1984 ish , really questioning themselves , hot space sucked , the works brought them back , then this!!

I mean he has what 70,000 in the palm of his hand!

Serious one stunning stunning performance

fred dont diss hot space baby not cool

how lovely was fred when he said 'we are just going to try out a new sound' on some concert or another, not their best but some gems , life is real for one:thumb_yello: las pala whatever and put out the fire Not all bad baby

fred dont diss hot space baby not cool

how lovely was fred when he said 'we are just going to try out a new sound' on some concert or another, not their best but some gems , life is real for one:thumb_yello: las pala whatever and put out the fire Not all bad baby

Hmmmmm under pressure was fabby , but it did loose so much of the fan base , Brian May put his foot down on the works and hammer to fall etc and back to their roots followed :biggrin2:

Brian May was at Mikas Sadlers Well concert , what a guy :wub2:

Hmmmmm under pressure was fabby , but it did loose so much of the fan base , Brian May put his foot down on the works and hammer to fall etc and back to their roots followed :biggrin2:

Brian May was at Mikas Sadlers Well concert , what a guy :wub2:

you are so right but them fans were fair weather :sneaky2:

so many mika songs remind me of queen so so many

Not on the new album, though. Only Good Gone Girl and Loverboy.. :teehee:

They were done 1984 ish , really questioning themselves , hot space sucked , the works brought them back , then this!!

Actually, I used to hate Hot Space when I was younger but in the last couple of years I realised there are more songs I like on it than the ones I don't.... I think it is only strange because on Queen albums most Queen fans like all the songs ..(like on Mika's albums...:teehee:)

In fact, I love all the songs on 'side B' of Hot Space - from Put Out The Fire onwards.

I also I think Life is Real (song for Lennon) and Las Palabras de Amor are two songs that have never got the attention they should have received..