Let's talk POLITICS ( NO FIGHTS)

BonjourMika1990

Yes, it will. I'm getting sick of the "choose the one you hate the less" method. Why can't the candidates start improving?

I demand a politician I can support 100%.:mf_rosetinted:

yeah, no joke.

is Ralph Nader running this year?

i'd vote for him. :naughty:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my... That's a lot. :blink: I didn't think there would be that many, because all I ever really hear about are the Republican and Democratic parties. The description about the American Nazi Party is quite scary :shocked:

EDIT: Ahhh, ok! I wonder why not many people vote for the Green party... It seems like the best party to vote for IMO. But I dont know much about politics... Most of it confuses me really..

Well, it's like this: anyone can make a political party, but you need a HUGE number of members to make any sort of effect on the primary elections. Behind the Democrats and Republicans, Green is the largest party nationwide, and they have submitted presidential candidates. Ralph Nader was a candidate of their's, and he didn't do horribly, (although instead of Green, I think he was labelled Independent by the press) but even as the third largest party, Green would still need thousands, if not millions more members to be able to seriously compete with the Demo/Repubs.

Another thing that helps to explain the voting (and really pisses me off) is that even if the Green party candidate appears to be the best for the job, many people won't vote for them because of party loyalty. My father is a republican, and even though he's admitted that sometimes the republican candidate has strongly contrasting views to his own, he will still vote for them, because "a bad republican is still better than a democrat." A lot of the older generation voters think this way, and it's very frustrating.

Well, it's like this: anyone can make a political party, but you need a HUGE number of members to make any sort of effect on the primary elections. Behind the Democrats and Republicans, Green is the largest party nationwide, and they have submitted presidential candidates. Ralph Nader was a candidate of their's, and he didn't do horribly, (although instead of Green, I think he was labelled Independent by the press) but even as the third largest party, Green would still need thousands, if not millions more members to be able to seriously compete with the Demo/Repubs.

Another thing that helps to explain the voting (and really pisses me off) is that even if the Green party candidate appears to be the best for the job, many people won't vote for them because of party loyalty. My father is a republican, and even though he's admitted that sometimes the republican candidate has strongly contrasting views to his own, he will still vote for them, because "a bad republican is still better than a democrat." A lot of the older generation voters think this way, and it's very frustrating.

Thanks for explaining! What party do you support?

Thanks for explaining! What party do you support?

No prob!

I'm a registered Green member, but only because when I was registering, I was all ready to go Independent or "Decline to State", and my mom saw and said that if I did that, I wouldn't be allowed to vote in the primaries.:shocked: I freaked out and chose Green.:naughty:

Looking back, I'm rather annoyed with myself for being so misinformed, because at the time, I didn't know that this had no effect on whether or not I was allowed to vote in the general election. I thought she was saying that if I didn't choose a party, I couldn't vote, period. It turns out that she just meant that if I didn't choose a party, I couldn't vote for which candidate was going to run for the parties.

I'm planning on re-registering as Independent and won't be changing it unless I do find that rare candidate that I support completely. If that happens, I'll be switching to whatever party they are running for so I can vote in the primaries and help them out as much as possible. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen though.:bleh:

• 5 months later...

none of you are probably up-to-date with NZ politics but lets just say theres a guy called winston peters whos a NZ politicoan whos recently been caught up in a huge pack of lies.

enjoy. :naughty:

A man died and went to Heaven. As he stood in front of the Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him.

He asked, 'What are all those clocks?'

St. Peter answered, 'Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone on earth has a Lie-Clock. Every time you lie the hands on your clock move.'

'Oh', said the man. 'Whose clock is that?'

'That's Mother Teresa's', replied St. Peter.

'The hands have never moved, indicating that she never told a lie.

'Incredible', said the man. 'And whose clock is that one?'

St. Peter responded, 'That's Abraham Lincoln's clock.

The hands have moved twice, telling us that Abraham told only two lies in his entire life.'

'Where's Winston Peter’s clock?' asked the man.

Winston Peter's clock is in Jesus' office.

He's using it as a ceiling fan.'

none of you are probably up-to-date with NZ politics but lets just say theres a guy called winston peters whos a NZ politicoan whos recently been caught up in a huge pack of lies.

A man died and went to Heaven. As he stood in front of the Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him.

St. Peter answered, 'Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone on earth has a Lie-Clock. Every time you lie the hands on your clock move.'

The hands have moved twice, telling us that Abraham told only two lies in his entire life.'

THAT is hilarious!!:roftl:

I think i'll vote for george clooney.

yeah, that sounds good.

oh yes please:wub2: his face would look great on a 100 dollar bill:mf_lustslow:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

LOL! They used that one in the US , only they used George Bush instead of Winston Peter:roftl:

LMAOOO.:roftl:

I really wish Hilary would have gotten it.

I mean, I wanted Huckabee first. But I dislike Obama AND McCain. Plus I really loved seeing Bill Clinton speak at a local college. :wub2:So my choice was like:

1. Huckabee

2. Clinton

3. poke in the eye with a stick.

Obama is about to make his speech:punk: I am literally in tears lol...the tribute is amazing!

today is the 45th anniversary of the day Martin Luther King JR gave his "I have a dream..." speech...that is amazing!

democrats, republicans aside, this is a big day in history:blush-anim-cl:

I thought Barack's speech was amazing. The guy can really give a speech. (I may just be saying that because our current president fumbles over every other word :mf_rosetinted:). I hope he wins the presidency....obviously. But really, I got excited watching it and thought he made some good points, especially about patriotism and service as well as gay marriage and education. I liked the way he addressed McCain. I'm not sure if McCain is capable of getting a crowd worked up like Barack can. As with anything though, if Barack wins, he better back what he says up.

I thought Barack's speech was amazing. The guy can really give a speech. (I may just be saying that because our current president fumbles over every other word :mf_rosetinted:). I hope he wins the presidency....obviously. But really, I got excited watching it and thought he made some good points, especially about patriotism and service as well as gay marriage and education. I liked the way he addressed McCain. I'm not sure if McCain is capable of getting a crowd worked up like Barack can. As with anything though, if Barack wins, he better back what he says up.

That's always what it comes down to, isn't it? He talks a lot about reform and what not, but I want to see him do it. Like a wise man once said, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Even if he doesn't win, I'll be expecting to see some sort of effort to come through with the kinds of promises he's making. If he doesn't, then he's a liar and frankly, I don't have time for those.:mf_rosetinted:

Oh yeah, especially since so many people are passionate, realllly passionate about politics for the first time in their lives...like myself.

I liked what he said about the abortion issue. As I've said in this thread, I am pro life...but he was smart in saying that he wants to work with people to avoid unwanted pregnancies...and really that's all I can ask for from a pro choice person. At least he'll give us that.

and I feel like he respected McCain, but also was not timid about pointing out the fact that he has admittedly agreed with Bush 90% of the time.

That's the crusher! I think the entire country can agree that we do not want more of the same...and McCain, through that statement basically promised it.

I just love Obama, and maybe its because I'm a native of the chicago land area, but he's always represented change and inspiration.

I really was moved by how many people came out to support him...and even the people in time square watching him...that made me cry for obvious reasons lol.. I wish I were there!

and I think his wife and his daughters are absolutley lovely.

That's always what it comes down to, isn't it? He talks a lot about reform and what not, but I want to see him do it. Like a wise man once said, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Even if he doesn't win, I'll be expecting to see some sort of effort to come through with the kinds of promises he's making. If he doesn't, then he's a liar and frankly, I don't have time for those.:mf_rosetinted:

yeah I agree, well he did it for Illinios when he promised change (creating tons of jobs for middle class americans)...so that's in his favor

blahblahblah watching it and thought he made some good points, especially about patriotism and service as well as gay marriage and education blahblah

I didn't blahblah that all because I was being rude or anything, I just wanted to highlight that one part. without it looking like all you said was 'gay marriage' and without quoting the entire thing.:mf_rosetinted:

anyways, what did he say about gay marriage?

I remember him saying a few months ago he was against marriage, but for civil unions.

Obama is about to make his speech:punk: I am literally in tears lol...the tribute is amazing!

today is the 45th anniversary of the day Martin Luther King JR gave his "I have a dream..." speech...that is amazing!

democrats, republicans aside, this is a big day in history:blush-anim-cl:

Yes it is!:thumb_yello: