Let's talk POLITICS ( NO FIGHTS)

BonjourMika1990

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Bill. His wife is cheating on him. Wonder what that feels like.:mf_rosetinted:

Yea, and now the entire WORLD knows about it.

That's gotta be horrific.:mf_rosetinted:

(I had/have a huge crush on Bill, maybe this will make things easier for us to be together:wub2:)

Man, has anyone watched the Republican convention? Ouch. They ain't playin' around.

I know. They're all being super insulting.

I sort of like it.

BUT did you see the new Obama commercial? They released a new one since the Republicans started playing hardball. It has McCain hugging Bush and the song in the background is "if I could be more like you, the world would be wonderful" or something like that.

AHAHAH REJECTED!!!!!!!!!

burn.

Oh yeah!

Sad thing was, I had to watch it like 5 times before I got what was so funny about it...

Once you go black, you don't go back.:mf_rosetinted:

Apparently so :naughty:

Poor Bill. His wife is cheating on him. Wonder what that feels like.:mf_rosetinted:

He must be devastated :mf_rosetinted:

(I had/have a huge crush on Bill, maybe this will make things easier for us to be together:wub2:)

Hopefully you two will get together and live happily ever after :naughty:

I sort of like it.

BUT did you see the new Obama commercial? They released a new one since the Republicans started playing hardball. It has McCain hugging Bush and the song in the background is "if I could be more like you, the world would be wonderful" or something like that.

Ouch... but kinda funny...

We just got a new Premier for NSW today (they're in charge of each state, so I guess they're sort of like Governors)...

Morris Iemma got forced to quit... which is a good thing cause he was bloody useless... he's completely put NSW down the toilet... well, put it in further than what it was before..

Now we've got some guy called Nathan Rees (dunno who the hell he is)...

We should have elections too in Canada really soon. Probably October 14th.... There's not fixed date so if the Prime Minister announces we'll have elections this Sunday, we should go to vote October 14th...

Not that it's even a tiny bit exciting compares to you in the USA :mf_rosetinted:

Who doesn't have a huge crush on Bill? He's like Elvis and the Godfather rolled into one.:mf_lustslow:

We just got a new Premier for NSW today (they're in charge of each state, so I guess they're sort of like Governors)...

Morris Iemma got forced to quit... which is a good thing cause he was bloody useless... he's completely put NSW down the toilet... well, put it in further than what it was before..

Now we've got some guy called Nathan Rees (dunno who the hell he is)...

Good luck with him! Hope he's better than that last guy.

So, did he get elected, or what?

We should have elections too in Canada really soon. Probably October 14th.... There's not fixed date so if the Prime Minister announces we'll have elections this Sunday, we should go to vote October 14th...

Not that it's even a tiny bit exciting compares to you in the USA :mf_rosetinted:

Isn't that your third in the last four years? Wow!

From what I've heard of Harper and Dion, your politics are just as exciting as ours.:naughty:

I sort of like it.

Yeah...is that the same one where there's video of McCain saying he agrees with Bush 90% of the time?

I didn't really watch McCain and thought that Guiliani was just being a jerk but I thought Palin had some pretty funny remarks. I laughed a couple times. Then watching the Daily Show afterward was hilarious. Jon was talking to Newt Gingrich and said something like, "Oh you know the Republicans are pushing Palin's "international affairs advantage" since Alaska is so close to Russia. Yeah, and I guess they're also trying to say that since Alaska is so close to the North Pole, Sarah Palin knows Santa Claus."

I thought it was hilarious. Then again, I'm basically in love with Jon Stewart.

Who doesn't have a huge crush on Bill? He's like Elvis and the Godfather rolled into one.:mf_lustslow:

Good luck with him! Hope he's better than that last guy.

So, did he get elected, or what?

Isn't that your third in the last four years? Wow!

From what I've heard of Harper and Dion, your politics are just as exciting as ours.:naughty:

Nope... Morris "quit" (okay, he was forced to quit cause he's such a useless bugger!)... the other guy was elected by the Labor party... those sorts of things don't go to the general election...

Nope... Morris "quit" (okay, he was forced to quit cause he's such a useless bugger!)... the other guy was elected by the Labor party... those sorts of things don't go to the general election...

SO he was....impeached? I'm not clear on aussie politics, but I'm getting there.:bleh:

SO he was....impeached? I'm not clear on aussie politics, but I'm getting there.:bleh:

What does impeached mean? :blink:

Basically, Morris has been in charge of NSW for a few years... the government has taken the teacher transfer scheme away (they gain more points for going to schools out west, and when you get a whole heap of points and you stay for your contract, then you can move elsewhere), the road system (esp in Sydney) is ruined (he was putting in tunnels that made apartment building partially collapse and putting tolls on them), the rail system is sh!t (very slow, late and raising fares even though no work has been done on it), he's signed the state up for a desalination plant even though most people were against it (and it only will afect people in Northern Syd from what I understand)...

The opposition has been complaining about him (I typed in palin in that word! :naughty:)...

I think that makes sense...

What does impeached mean? :blink:

Basically, Morris has been in charge of NSW for a few years... the government has taken the teacher transfer scheme away (they gain more points for going to schools out west, and when you get a whole heap of points and you stay for your contract, then you can move elsewhere), the road system (esp in Sydney) is ruined (he was putting in tunnels that made apartment building partially collapse and putting tolls on them), the rail system is sh!t (very slow, late and raising fares even though no work has been done on it), he's signed the state up for a desalination plant even though most people were against it (and it only will afect people in Northern Syd from what I understand)...

The opposition has been complaining about him (I typed in palin in that word! :naughty:)...

I think that makes sense...

im·peach (m-pch)

tr.v. im·peached, im·peach·ing, im·peach·es

a. To make an accusation against.

b. To charge (a public official) with improper conduct in office before a proper tribunal.

2. To challenge the validity of; try to discredit: impeach a witness's credibility.

(read: the impeachment of Bill Clinton, that whole hullaballoo about some chick he boinked...what was her name again?:fisch:)

Hmmm.....sounds very much like impeachment....when things get sucky, kick him out.:naughty:

im·peach (m-pch)

b. To charge (a public official) with improper conduct in office before a proper tribunal.

2. To challenge the validity of; try to discredit: impeach a witness's credibility.

(read: the impeachment of Bill Clinton, that whole hullaballoo about some chick he boinked...what was her name again?:fisch:)

Hmmm.....sounds very much like impeachment....when things get sucky, kick him out.:naughty:

Monica Lewinski (sp) :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah...is that the same one where there's video of McCain saying he agrees with Bush 90% of the time?

I didn't really watch McCain and thought that Guiliani was just being a jerk but I thought Palin had some pretty funny remarks. I laughed a couple times. Then watching the Daily Show afterward was hilarious. Jon was talking to Newt Gingrich and said something like, "Oh you know the Republicans are pushing Palin's "international affairs advantage" since Alaska is so close to Russia. Yeah, and I guess they're also trying to say that since Alaska is so close to the North Pole, Sarah Palin knows Santa Claus."

I thought it was hilarious. Then again, I'm basically in love with Jon Stewart.

I wish she did know Santa Claus.:mf_rosetinted:

im·peach (m-pch)

Well he hasn't been charged with anything... I think he was told to quit or be kicked out... he prob thought it would look credible or something...

And I don't think anyone here has been impeached...

Did anyone see this? I thought it was interesting.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/09/09/2360240.htm?section=world

Obviously America gets the last say but I really, really wish Barack wins, and I think it's important that America starts getting a better image. If we didn't have such a bad image then we wouldn't even be in Iraq right now and September 11 wouldn't have happened.

Thinking bad on how many people I heard complain about Bush for the first four years. Then they reelect him. Then they complained about Bush for the second four years. Now when I believe we have a good Democratic candidate to change things, people are starting to lean toward McCain, mostly ever since Barack made the religious, gun-clinging remark. I don't care what McCain says but between him and Barack, McCain is going to be most like Bush, by far I think. Also, to think that if something were to happen to McCain, Palin, with her few years experience (in Alaska no less) would lead our country? Yikes. I know a lot of people think something will happen to Obama but I think Biden is more qualified than Palin to run the country. If McCain gets elected, I don't want to hear any American bitching about how bad the government is.

I'm catholic too, and my religion says " It's not a sin to be gay... the sexual act is a sin."

as for abortion: I:M PRO LIFE

well, did they rewrite the bible since i read it the last time?

(Levitic chapter 20 verse 13)

as much as you are PRO LIFE, im PRO SENSE

i dont trust obama that much but its very important to vote for him, to break the white men supremacy chain, to make people equal for good:thumb_yello:,

Did you hear the republicans throwing a bitchfit because Barack said something about putting lipstick on a pig?

Come on. I'm not even a dem, and I know he didn't mean anything by it. Besides, that's an OLDDD saying. My pap used to use it when he was a boy. Get real.

There's a phrase "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig."

Meaning you can change the way something looks slightly, but it doesn't change the truth.

Palin made the comment the other night "You know the difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull? Lipstick."

(She's a hockey mom, and she meant she's tough)

Barack made the lipstick-on-a-pig quote, and now republicans are saying it was a deliberate attack on Sarah Palin.

There's a phrase "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig."

Meaning you can change the way something looks slightly, but it doesn't change the truth.

Palin made the comment the other night "You know the difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull? Lipstick."

(She's a hockey mom, and she meant she's tough)

Barack made the lipstick-on-a-pig quote, and now republicans are saying it was a deliberate attack on Sarah Palin.

ooohhhh, well,lol, and you think he didnt say it on purpose? i mean admit that its a weird coincidence, no? if i was palin i would probably take it for me. well if he did it on purpose, its funny anyway.

i didnt know that saying, it works with women too,lol