The Australian Thread: Seventh Heaven

Rainbow Sky

Thanks.... its the first time in awhile I've actually cooked for myself (I'm lazy, I know)

You're 19 :shocked: but I guess you gotta start somewhere :thumb_yello: you'll be cooking for yourself and your partner/kids one day anyway...FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE so you may as well take it easy while you can!!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks.... its the first time in awhile I've actually cooked for myself (I'm lazy, I know)

*glares at Artsy and cooks some more food since hers was eaten*

*glares back*

Lucky. I'm always having to cook for everyone around here.

*turns up nose*

I like to think of it as them liking my delicious cooking so much that they want it every night.:mf_rosetinted:

And now I am cooking my own dinner. Yes, me, cooking. Still you're shocked glances, I can cook, when I have the mind to do it
*displays a plate of food with pride*

Ta da, I cooked. A rather simple meal, I'll give it that, but cooking none the less. Alfredo pasta, a salad and chicken skewers.Yummo

Woah! Well done! I can't cook. All I can do is heat things up in the oven. Chips ... various other freezer pre-made foods. Whenever I try anything it ... fails. :bleh:

hey everyone, ive been in ballarat for a couple of days, my bf is a qlder and has never been there and i havent been since yr 5 so we thought we would venture to sovereign hill, we had a great time, my boi was like a child while panning for gold tho, he would look up and grin everytime he got a bit and then when i said i wanted to go he was all "just one more go"

anyway we spent sometime in melb and got home last nite, once i got home i had an email from a girl i was BEST FRIENDS with in yr 7 till yr 9 when we both moved towns and lost contact, i have been spending 6 yrs tryin to find her and managed to find one of her friends on myspace, and then in her email she tells me

she is a beauty therapist in frankston

i nearly died, not only had i just been in melb, but im studying beauty therapy, we have both moved 3 times

its like we are still exactly the same(just like we used to be) even tho we have had no contact since 2000

im just so excited!!!

Woaaah! Crazy! Sounds like you had an awesome time. That's an absolutely crazy coinki-dink though!

YAY VET!!!! (what's Vet?)

That's a handicap I also suffer from, procrastinating. It's why even though I could've done the paper at anytime in the next five months, I signed up to do it this week so that it would be done and over with. (and because it wouldn't have gotten done the last week of semester; by then I've got no willpower left and am just counting down the days until break.)

The finished product wasn't my best work, but it is 8 pages and the bibliography and grammar are flawless. The instructor can't mark off points just for being dull.:naughty:

Lol! Vet ... veterinary science :thumb_yello:

I missed out on getting in off high school marks by 0.05 of a TEE mark (out of 100), so getting in off my first year marks was my only backup plan, and I got in! Yayyy! :original:

Wow, good work! I don't think I'll ever have the willpower to choose to do work when I don't have to yet ...

Good girl :) I have been cooking some beautiful meals this week since my partner and I are eating healthy. Tonights menu is...

Marinated fish (fresh from Coles haha)

Steamed Vegies - corn, cauliflower, beans, sweet potato.

:

Wow sounds yum

You're 19 :shocked: but I guess you gotta start somewhere :thumb_yello: you'll be cooking for yourself and your partner/kids one day anyway...FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE so you may as well take it easy while you can!!

:naughty: I can cook, and I used to cook quite often. In fact, when I lived away from home I cooked for myself, or alternated cooking with my housemate for a whole year. I'm just lazy and choose not to cook when dad will cook for me. I make a mean stir fry.

(and any partner I have better be able to cook for themselves as well :naughty:)

*glares back*

Lucky. I'm always having to cook for everyone around here.

*turns up nose*

I like to think of it as them liking my delicious cooking so much that they want it every night.:mf_rosetinted:

Whatever you have to tell yourself. I think dad tells himself the same thing, and I know the reason I don't cook is just laziness :naughty:

:roftl: LOL. I think the heat it getting my bird. He just stuck his whole head in his water bowl, and I think he must've breathed in some water, because he sneezed incessantly for a full minute after. Bird sneezes are sooo cute!

Good girl :) I have been cooking some beautiful meals this week since my partner and I are eating healthy. Tonights menu is...

Marinated fish (fresh from Coles haha)

Steamed Vegies - corn, cauliflower, beans, sweet potato.

Oh yes! I can do steamed vegies too!

(The freezer kind that you just put the bag in the microwave):thumb_yello:

Woohoo!!!!! What does this mean :roftl:

Lol, at least everyone is excited for me. The dog just walked away nonplussed when I told him. :naughty:

Whatever you have to tell yourself. I think dad tells himself the same thing, and I know the reason I don't cook is just laziness :naughty:

The same reason I don't really try to learn how to :naughty:

Woah! Well done! I can't cook. All I can do is heat things up in the oven. Chips ... various other freezer pre-made foods. Whenever I try anything it ... fails. :bleh:

Woaaah! Crazy! Sounds like you had an awesome time. That's an absolutely crazy coinki-dink though!

Lol! Vet ... veterinary science :thumb_yello:

I missed out on getting in off high school marks by 0.05 of a TEE mark (out of 100), so getting in off my first year marks was my only backup plan, and I got in! Yayyy! :original:

Wow, good work! I don't think I'll ever have the willpower to choose to do work when I don't have to yet ...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! :woot_jump: How cool!!! YAY!!!! Congrats!

Shh.....doing things early has the double purpose of allowing me to pretend I'm a martyr. *turns on Instant Martyr*

Don't. *slap* Take. *slap* Away. *slap* MY ILLUSIONS. *slapslapslap*

:roftl: LOL. I think the heat it getting my bird. He just stuck his whole head in his water bowl, and I think he must've breathed in some water, because he sneezed incessantly for a full minute after. Bird sneezes are sooo cute!

Oh yes! I can do steamed vegies too!

(The freezer kind that you just put the bag in the microwave):thumb_yello:

Lol, at least everyone is excited for me. The dog just walked away nonplussed when I told him. :naughty:

The same reason I don't really try to learn how to :naughty:

Bird sneezes are the cutest. I used to have zebra finches that would hang themselves upside down and sneeze.:wub2:

Dogs never get excited about the important stuff. It's quite annoying.

I sense an eye roll accompanying that statement but have decided to ignore it for the time being.:naughty:

Fine.... ignore it as you wish

Good evening everyone!

Thank you mouselle for the awesome booty ye delivered to us all. :punk: Much appreciated. :thumb_yello:

Hey Raisin

:thumbdown: i was cooking yummy cabonara pasta and got the container outta the microwave and dropped it everywhere

anyway that was bout the tastiest thing we had in our cupboard and it was all on the floor, but i made waht i like to call the "uni student special" it is french onion soup mixed with cream (but didnt have cream so mixed it with milk) with chicken, pasta, broccoli,and carrot u wouldnt believe how awersum that french onion pasta tastes, sounds grosse but tastes unreal\

:thumbdown: i was cooking yummy cabonara pasta and got the containter outta the mocrowave and dropped it everywhere

anyway that was bout the tastiest thing we had in our cupboard and it was all on the floor, but i made waht i like to call the "uni student special" it is french onion soup mixed with cream (but didnt have cream so mixed it with milk) with chicken, pasta, broccoli,and carrot u wouldnt believe how awersum that french onion pasta tastes, sounds grosse but tastes unreal\

And here I thought the uni student special was two minute noodles mixed with vegies, or rice and vegies :naughty:

French onion soup would also be fairly cheap though, if you liked french onion soup

Adorable!!! My lorikeet copies us when we sneeze and he times it perfectly so he makes the 'achoo' sound at the same time. Sometimes we trick him by inhaling quickly as if we are going to sneeze and he sneezes...and we laugh at him :naughty: he doesn't like that :sneaky2:

:thumbdown: i was cooking yummy cabonara pasta and got the container outta the microwave and dropped it everywhere

bahahahahahahaha! that would have been gross to clean up, too.

And here I thought the uni student special was two minute noodles mixed with vegies, or rice and vegies :naughty:

French onion soup would also be fairly cheap though, if you liked french onion soup

yeh its also cheap coz that one packet mixed with one small container of cream makes sooooooo much we used to feed 4 ppl with it in yr 12, the most expensive bit is the chicken

:boxed: Bummeeeeeeeer.

Wow that was drawn out. Were you saying it from the other end of a long tunnel, or just felt like making it as long as possible? :naughty:

:naughty: Tonight....I am a goober. A goofy goober.

yeh its also cheap coz that one packet mixed with one small container of cream makes sooooooo much we used to feed 4 ppl with it in yr 12, the most expensive bit is the chicken

It would be, even if chicken is fairly cheap.

A real penniless uni student would forgo any meat in the interest of saving money.

Reminds me of our goon/uni punch (or the bucket of death as we named it on new years)

:naughty: Tonight....I am a goober. A goofy goober.

Nice alliteration

Adorable!!! My lorikeet copies us when we sneeze and he times it perfectly so he makes the 'achoo' sound at the same time. Sometimes we trick him by inhaling quickly as if we are going to sneeze and he sneezes...and we laugh at him :naughty: he doesn't like that :sneaky2:

bahahahahahahaha! that would have been gross to clean up, too.

the worst bit was i think some of it got my kitten coz it happened to be under my feet at the time