The Australian Thread: Seventh Heaven

Rainbow Sky

Did anyone watch Ghost Whisperer last night? The ghosts were trying to send her a sinister message, and at one point when she was googling they changed the writing and made it red, etc.

I'd expect you probably have some murderous ghosts haunting you.

... or it's insanity on your part.

Everyone's been talking about Scrubs so much that when I packed my stuff this afternoon I put in the first few seasons. Am I mad? I've basically resigned myself to a pathetic existance for the next few days.

I am also Scrubs obsessed. I download them as they come out in the US, so I'm halfway into season 7.

*grumbles about writers strike*

I'm too slack to download scrubs (that and I'm catching up on seasons still)

Anyways, as for the red writing, it wasnt a ghost, or insanity. I blame the tweaking of the forum, I was just lucky enough to click on it at that exact moment :mf_rosetinted:

*Joins Oakie Doke in grumbling about writers strike because it means that they have also stopped House halfway through season 4 (even though this season hasn't been as good as the previous three)*

*joins both of you in grumbling about writers strike*

Heroes ended halfway through its second season and the spin off series was put on hold. A few other shows I watch were halted as well, so now I'm stuck with primarly UK shows to download, or marathoning scrubs.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*Joins Oakie Doke in grumbling about writers strike because it means that they have also stopped House halfway through season 4 (even though this season hasn't been as good as the previous three)*

Tell me about it. They also stopped Heroes, Prison Break, Supernatural, Smallville, etc. Without this forum, would my life even have meaning anymore? Even Robin Hood season is now over. Oh, and I know what you mean ... but it's still good.

:roftl: I don't know why but that made laugh.

Because you secretly also enjoy pretending you are a detective? Come on, admit it.

*Sigh*

The other day when he asked me to come here:

"I'll have special vegetarian meals made up for you"

"No, really, it okay, I'll bring my own food"

"No, I'll go buy it special for you"

Cut to now: He bought me a packet of spinach rolls (okay), a packet of beef and vegetable pasties, and made me a salad ... with non-veg cheese in it. Thanks dad!

Tell me about it. They also stopped Heroes, Prison Break, Supernatural, Smallville, etc. Without this forum, would my life even have meaning anymore? Even Robin Hood season is now over. Oh, and I know what you mean ... but it's still good.

Because you secretly also enjoy pretending you are a detective? Come on, admit it.

*Sigh*

Cut to now: He bought me a packet of spinach rolls (okay), a packet of beef and vegetable pasties, and made me a salad ... with non-veg cheese in it. Thanks dad!

Yeah. House will always be my favourite show because of the great script, interesting medicine and (most importantly) Hugh Laurie's acting. But I really miss Cameran, Chase and Foreman as more central characters!

Okay, I do admit it! Pretending to be a detective is very enjoyable! :naughty: But it was also the fact that some random like 'pineapple' in huge letters was what you discovered after you detective efforts. :wink2:

And I know how difficult being a vegetarian can be sometimes, especially when others are involved in organising what you eat. I'm not one myself but I have a few friends who are.

the show im annoyed at for being canned has nothing to do with the writers strike........veronica mars, my bro got me the first season on dvd for xmas i gotta force myself to turn it off every nite, i forgot how good it was, i get so cranky when he tells me they canned it after season 3. Apparently the writer even suggested they have the next season based in the future when veronica is working for the fbi..that woulda been soooooo cool. Why do they can all the good shows!

oh SD i also miss house didnt realise the writers thing was the reason it wasnt on i just thought it was channel ten being...channel ten

Hiya, Aussies.

I'm flat out. I stayed up late yesterday shopping at night markets, so I'm going to spend the morning lazing about in preparation for hitting the day markets in the arvo. Why do I always leave things 'til the last minute? *MSN slaps self*

I'm so glad that I have several week's worth of work planned for between getting back to Oz and uni starting even if hospitals pay next to nothing, I'm going to need the money.

Yay, I have laptop-internet. It was surprisingly easy - I just pulled the plug out of the computer and stuck it in mine and it worked :thumb_yello:

*joins both of you in grumbling about writers strike*

Heroes ended halfway through its second season and the spin off series was put on hold. A few other shows I watch were halted as well, so now I'm stuck with primarly UK shows to download, or marathoning scrubs.

:tears: ... selfish poo-faces ... no respect for devoted fans ...

Yeah. House will always be my favourite show because of the great script, interesting medicine and (most importantly) Hugh Laurie's acting. But I really miss Cameran, Chase and Foreman as more central characters!

Its not my favourite show, but it is still rather brilliant, but just not the same now.

Okay, I do admit it! Pretending to be a detective is very enjoyable! :naughty: But it was also the fact that some random like 'pineapple' in huge letters was what you discovered after you detective efforts. :wink2:

Haha, I know, what the hell. The whole notebook page "PINEAPPLE" ... It couldn't have been a shopping list, and it's next to his computer, I just can't imagine what it means/is for.

And I know how difficult being a vegetarian can be sometimes, especially when others are involved in organising what you eat. I'm not one myself but I have a few friends who are.

I just don't see how he missed "beef!" in big letters across the box - I always thought pasties were meat/vegetables by default?

the show im annoyed at for being canned has nothing to do with the writers strike........veronica mars, my bro got me the first season on dvd for xmas i gotta force myself to turn it off every nite, i forgot how good it was, i get so cranky when he tells me they canned it after season 3. Apparently the writer even suggested they have the next season based in the future when veronica is working for the fbi..that woulda been soooooo cool. Why do they can all the good shows!

oh SD i also miss house didnt realise the writers thing was the reason it wasnt on i just thought it was channel ten being...channel ten

A friend told me Veronica Mars was good so I started downloading the first season like ... ages ago, but it's getting no where. Now I just want to see it even more, thanks. :sad: And also, now I am going to know it stops after 3 seasons. :tears:

The show I am most annoyed at for being cancelled is Dead Like Me - favourite show, ever. Only lasted 2 seasons. BUT they've finally decided to give it another chance after 6 years, and they're making a dvd movie, and if it sells enough they will make another season! yay! (But stupid Mandy Patinkin and his stupid Criminal Minds isn't going to stupid be in it) Anyway, watch Dead Like Me guys, and then buy the movie when it comes out! :bleh:

Hiya, Aussies.

I'm flat out. I stayed up late yesterday shopping at night markets, so I'm going to spend the morning lazing about in preparation for hitting the day markets in the arvo. Why do I always leave things 'til the last minute? *MSN slaps self*

I'm so glad that I have several week's worth of work planned for between getting back to Oz and uni starting even if hospitals pay next to nothing, I'm going to need the money.

*Night* markets?

What are going to be doing in a hospital? Sounds interesting.

*Sigh*

What do you mean even the Robin Hood season is over now??? Did they show the second season and I've missed it???!!! Bugger!

Hey I didn't know I should be blaming the writer's strike either. Apart from the fact that Heroes isn't on Channel 10, I would have been saying the same thing cos Channel 10 seem to have a talent for stuffing their viewers around. I do think they have the best shows, but they jerk us around and it annoys me. I remember all the times that BB ran overtime into Supernatural time - that used to p!ss me off. And then they seriously mucked around the time of Torchwood.... I've actually stopped watching a lot of shows I used to love, cos I just can't be bothered with Channel 10.

*Night* markets?

What are going to be doing in a hospital? Sounds interesting.

Yes, in Morocco there are night markets. The atmosphere is amazing, people out shopping late into the night, performers and musicians, food and drink. It's out of this world. :wub2:

I'm a Pharmacy student so I'll be doing a placement in a hospital. I'll be alternating between working in the dispensary and working on the wards. I even get paid this time around because it's the summer (granted I won't be getting paid much but every cent will count after this trip :naughty: ).

Yes, in Morocco there are night markets. The atmosphere is amazing, people out shopping late into the night, performers and musicians, food and drink. It's out of this world. :wub2:

I'm a Pharmacy student so I'll be doing a placement in a hospital. I'll be alternating between working in the dispensary and working on the wards. I even get paid this time around because it's the summer (granted I won't be getting paid much but every cent will count after this trip :naughty: ).

Does this count towards the number of hours of prac you have to do? What year are you?

Hey I didn't know I should be blaming the writer's strike either. Apart from the fact that Heroes isn't on Channel 10, I would have been saying the same thing cos Channel 10 seem to have a talent for stuffing their viewers around. I do think they have the best shows, but they jerk us around and it annoys me. I remember all the times that BB ran overtime into Supernatural time - that used to p!ss me off. And then they seriously mucked around the time of Torchwood.... I've actually stopped watching a lot of shows I used to love, cos I just can't be bothered with Channel 10.

there are days where they advertise something after the show has already been on, or they advertise something then put something completely different on, usually the simpsons, i always say "oh channel ten is hitting shuffle again" mind u i still mostly only watch channel ten....big brother was my first obsession!!

there are days where they advertise something after the show has already been on, or they advertise something then put something completely different on, usually the simpsons, i always say "oh channel ten is hitting shuffle again" mind u i still mostly only watch channel ten....big brother was my first obsession!!

:puke::no: Sorry, but I am SO not a fan of BB. I really dislike reality t.v. Give me unreal t.v. with good storylines any day.

This one was voluntary so it won't count towards my hours. I just finished Second Year but depending on how I went I may or may not have to add a year to my degree.

It's cool that you still get paid tho. Have you not got your results for last year yet? How annoying would that be!

It's cool that you still get paid tho. Have you not got your results for last year yet? How annoying would that be!

$7 an hour is pittance, but I chose to do it for the experience not the money, the money is a bonus. I have some of my results back, the rest are pending my results in exams I had to defer due to illness, I'll be sitting those in a fortnight.

:puke::no: Sorry, but I am SO not a fan of BB. I really dislike reality t.v. Give me unreal t.v. with good storylines any day.

To me, reality tv is unreal tv, because scripted tv seems to reflect reality more.

I am a fan of some reality tv shows, but only the really trashy ones :mf_rosetinted:

$7 an hour is pittance, but I chose to do it for the experience not the money, the money is a bonus. I have some of my results back, the rest are pending my results in exams I had to defer due to illness, I'll be sitting those in a fortnight.

Ah I see. Well, all the best with those deferred exams... But $7! Sorry, isn't that below the minimum wage?

Oh man, wish i got paid for work experience! We dont get it even if it is over summer :( Im doing nursing at uni and we get stuck doing most of the hard and gross stuff and dont get paid a cent! :boxed:

Oh man, wish i got paid for work experience! We dont get it even if it is over summer :( Im doing nursing at uni and we get stuck doing most of the hard and gross stuff and dont get paid a cent! :boxed:

sometime u need the unpaid work experience to get ya foot in the door when it comes time to look for work, i know thats the only way to get a beauty therapy job in this town

Hey another nurse! Well, O.K. I'm not anymore... used to be an R.N. but haven't gone back since having my daughter (who's nearly 3) and don't want to.