'Mika has a million reasons to Relax'

I was just searching for the fiat 500 information - and came across this:

http://iccoventry.icnetwork.co.uk/whatson/tm_headline=rock-mika-has-million-reasons-to-relax&method=full&objectid=20276795&siteid=50003-name_page.html

TIME magazine this week named Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin as their person of the year on the grounds that, despite his somewhat questionable attitude to human rights, he had imposed stability on a dangerously unpredictable Russian state.

The award, previously bestowed on the likes of Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, George Bush Jnr and Bono, is not so much an honour as recognition of an individual's impact during the previous 12 months.

If we apply that logic to entertainment, the man of the year has surely got to be Mika for bringing back a sense of sheer fun to pop music.

The Christmas rush should push debut album Life in Cartoon Motion past the million mark in the UK, where it was only surpassed by Amy Winehouse as the best-selling album of the year.

It has shifted a further three million copies around the world and spawned four hit singles - Grace Kelly, Big Girl, Happy Ending and the Grammy-nominated Love Today.

The Beirut-born singer (invariably compared to Freddie Mercury in reviews although his style, surely, is far more Sparks' Russell Mael) rounds off his remarkable year next week when he unveils new single Relax (Take it Easy).

It was actually the first track he released, as a limited edition and now collector's-item seven-inch in the summer of 2006.

And while the album version can already be downloaded, a new cut will be available on Monday followed by a twin-CD/USB stick release, backed by live favourite Lollipop, on New Year's Eve.

Thats all, just thought I would post it! (even though we already know it):P

..I just tried to post this a min ago..but my internet closed itself :boxed: Strange.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just searching for the fiat 500 information - and came across this:

http://iccoventry.icnetwork.co.uk/whatson/tm_headline=rock-mika-has-million-reasons-to-relax&method=full&objectid=20276795&siteid=50003-name_page.html

TIME magazine this week named Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin as their person of the year on the grounds that, despite his somewhat questionable attitude to human rights, he had imposed stability on a dangerously unpredictable Russian state.

The award, previously bestowed on the likes of Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, George Bush Jnr and Bono, is not so much an honour as recognition of an individual's impact during the previous 12 months.

If we apply that logic to entertainment, the man of the year has surely got to be Mika for bringing back a sense of sheer fun to pop music.

The Christmas rush should push debut album Life in Cartoon Motion past the million mark in the UK, where it was only surpassed by Amy Winehouse as the best-selling album of the year.

It has shifted a further three million copies around the world and spawned four hit singles - Grace Kelly, Big Girl, Happy Ending and the Grammy-nominated Love Today.

The Beirut-born singer (invariably compared to Freddie Mercury in reviews although his style, surely, is far more Sparks' Russell Mael) rounds off his remarkable year next week when he unveils new single Relax (Take it Easy).

It was actually the first track he released, as a limited edition and now collector's-item seven-inch in the summer of 2006.

And while the album version can already be downloaded, a new cut will be available on Monday followed by a twin-CD/USB stick release, backed by live favourite Lollipop, on New Year's Eve.

Thats all, just thought I would post it! (even though we already know it):P

..I just tried to post this a min ago..but my internet closed itself :boxed: Strange.

:punk::yay::groupwave::toot::partytime2:

Wowza! Four million LICM sales and a quarter of that in the UK! Probably the other 2 quarters in France and Germany?

in a ceremony that took place saturday on frensh TV (it wasn't live) mika wone best selling artist in France, he sold 800 000 albums :punk::thumb_yello:

he surely is man of the year

youhouuuuuuuuu