The Kate Nash Thread

Anzuzu

Hi Kate fans!!!

I didn't found thread about her so I decided to start one. :thumb_yello: I'm pretty sure there's lots of MFCers who love Kate too. I think she has potential to become a real star and personally I like her different and a bit weird style. :wub2:

Anybody who feels the same please join in! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Kate Nash. Saw her on Monday night at the same small Toronto club where I first saw Mika perform.

Here's the mini-review I did in the Appleman thread the other day...

Yes I did. She was wonderful and so was the audience. She was laughing by the end. She's never been to Canada before and it was her first date on her tour so she was thrilled at the response she was getting.

The girls who took those incredible pics of Mika at the Mod Club were there again and snapped these.

This was almost exactly the view I had because I was down on the floor about 3 rows back, even though I didn't get in there until 9 pm and it was sold out.

2177317344_b1b8826d22_b.jpg

2177802576_a4c64911f8_b.jpg

So many people say that Mika's performances don't translate well to a big venue but I don't believe that at all. I think they just don't want him to play big venues because intimate is...more intimate.

But I think in her case it's really true. She's playing the Hammersmith Apollo and I don't think it would be anywhere near as good as getting close up at the Mod Club. Her voice can easily get drowned out by the music and you really need a good view of her face to pick up everything.

Her acoustic numbers were really beautiful and unexpected. I haven't listened to anything on her album because all this Mika nonsense has been so distracting. When she came out with Foundations, all the stuff I'd heard that she'd done before seemed a lot more experimental. But the songs she did last night were pretty pop and melodic.

Really, really worth seeing in a small venue and she was better than Lily Allen.

Edited - Nice video -

Yes of course I have her !She accepted me before Mika did !!!

I looked at her calendar and she seems to have gig in London on 27th February. But is it some award performance? :blink:

I love the way she writes lyrics,no patterns or rules whatsoever :naughty:

Wouldn't go to see her live tho,nothing against her but she is slightly (i was being nice) boring live

but she is innovative,and it takes time to get 'comfortable' with the music

It's not a gig I guess !:blink: I think it's the NME awards on that date !!!

Yeah, it seems like. It'd have been great to have gig cuz we're already in London then. :thumb_yello:

What comes to her musical skills I think she's the rising star and still searching her style. She has great taste of humour with writing lyrics and that's obviously her strongest area at the moment. :thumb_yello:

Wouldn't go to see her live tho,nothing against her but she is slightly (i was being nice) boring live

She was very good live, but you have to be close enough to see her face. It wouldn't have been as enjoyable if it wasn't an intimate setting.

I love the way she writes lyrics,no patterns or rules whatsoever :naughty:

but she is innovative,and it takes time to get 'comfortable' with the music

yeah i feel a bit too, and every songs are so similar......

but her singing style is quite special and i like it

but what she interests me is not her music......:mf_rosetinted:

she's quite beautiful and i love her hairstyle and makeup, i want to have the same :mf_rosetinted:

and i love how she dresses ...

:blink:

I've got her cd and I really like it.

She has a way to talk about things that is indeed refreshing. The way she tells her story is quite vulnerable.

She's coming to Belgium in April.

I haven't decided whether I should go or not. It's a small venue, so it could work.

Don't know yet...