The Kate Nash Thread

Anzuzu

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She's coming to Belgium in April.

I haven't decided whether I should go or not. It's a small venue, so it could work.

Don't know yet...

Unless you can't afford it, you should go. Anyone who's a half decent artist is much better live than on CD so if you can spend time listening to her music, you will love the show. Just try to get fairly close to the stage.

I don't know if anyone watched the video I posted or maybe you just had to be there, but she had such a great connection with the audience so it's not like her performances on TV. They reacted to her every pause and expression and she responded in kind.

Even though she's tied to the keyboard a lot of the time she's still very animated during the up tempo numbers. A lot like Mika with Billy Brown and SITM.

Me too! I'm rarely on Myspace but she accepted me already and Mika still didn't!:shocked:

How long ago was that? If it was more than a few weeks ago maybe you need to try again

Unless you can't afford it, you should go. Anyone who's a half decent artist is much better live than on CD so if you can spend time listening to her music, you will love the show. Just try to get fairly close to the stage.

I don't know if anyone watched the video I posted or maybe you just had to be there, but she had such a great connection with the audience so it's not like her performances on TV. They reacted to her every pause and expression and she responded in kind.

Even though she's tied to the keyboard a lot of the time she's still very animated during the up tempo numbers. A lot like Mika with Billy Brown and SITM.

How long ago was that? If it was more than a few weeks ago maybe you need to try again

it was ages ago! I think it was the end of November/early December.

Can I try again? I didn't know that...

Wow!

that's indeed good! Little Red is a very beautiful song and there is indeed interaction. She balances between serious and joking with the audience.

I'll take a look at the price of the tickets!

BTW, can we make promo for other artists here too?

because if so: I saw this lady yesterday:

http://www.myspace.com/robynmyspace

Mika mentioned her once in an Australian interview...

and she rocked!!!

it was ages ago! I think it was the end of November/early December.

Can I try again? I didn't know that...

I would try again and see what happens. I'm not sure if you have to withdraw the request first as I've never had to do it. Mika added me immediately but that was a long time ago when he was on MySpace himself on a daily basis.

BTW, can we make promo for other artists here too?

because if so: I saw this lady yesterday:

http://www.myspace.com/robynmyspace

Mika mentioned her once in an Australian interview...

and she rocked!!!

She was a one-hit wonder about 10 years ago with one of my favourite songs. Nice to see her making a comeback.

I would try again and see what happens. I'm not sure if you have to withdraw the request first as I've never had to do it. Mika added me immediately but that was a long time ago when he was on MySpace himself on a daily basis.

She was a one-hit wonder about 10 years ago with one of my favourite songs. Nice to see her making a comeback.

She played 'show me love' actually! But in a different version with only conga's and a piano. And that worked incredibely good. She made the song more 'hers'.

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=hWypQOT42Vc

And damn, she's got it when she's on stage! She's feminine and cool at the same time.

It was a very small venue: only 200 people or something, but they were ON FIRE!!

So... back to Kate?:blush-anim-cl:

She was very good live, but you have to be close enough to see her face. It wouldn't have been as enjoyable if it wasn't an intimate setting.

I don't really know how she could spice it up for larger audiences

yeah i feel a bit too, and every songs are so similar......

but her singing style is quite special and i like it

but what she interests me is not her music......:mf_rosetinted:

she's quite beautiful and i love her hairstyle and makeup, i want to have the same :mf_rosetinted:

and i love how she dresses ...

:blink:

yeah she is distinct,but I needed some time until i really got to like Foundations

I sometimes like her dresses,sometimes she overdose it with the 50's

At one point I was really fascinated by the way she dressed,but now I keep seeing UK artists having a similar style,and it kinda blew it for me

I don't really know how she could spice it up for larger audiences

Yeah she's playing the Hammersmith Apollo on Mika's night off between London gigs in February but I wouldn't bother with that. It won't be the same.

That's why I'm telling people to see her now in a club if you've got the chance.

Mika also played this club in Toronto last year and the gig was nothing like the Dodgy Holiday Tour. The stage is so tiny he couldn't move around much anyway. But I always had the sense that he could be a star and would have no trouble bridging the gap between himself and a large audience.

As great as it is to see him in a small club I think he's got a lot more to give when there are thousands of people feeding his energy.

• 2 months later...
I just found out this thread about Kate Nash,and I had to subscribe!

I really like her sound although i didn't have the chance to see her live already!

I love Kate nash!

actually,

I am going to see her live in:woot_jump: TWO DAYS:woot_jump: