FAME: Who wants it and why?

BonjourMika1990

I would HATE to be famous, particularly Hollywood famous. But I can't sing worth a damn, and I don't have the patience for acting, so I think I'm safe there.

I'm known to get food all over myself, run to the convenience store in my PJ pants, and have screaming fights via cellphone in public. The paparazzi would have a freakin' field day with me.

I wanted to be a novelist when I was younger, or a lyricist, but I write so much corporate-communications-y stuff that I've almost forgotten how to do those things. :blink:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would HATE to be famous, particularly Hollywood famous. But I can't sing worth a damn, and I don't have the patience for acting, so I think I'm safe there.

I'm known to get food all over myself, run to the convenience store in my PJ pants, and have screaming fights via cellphone in public. The paparazzi would have a freakin' field day with me.

I wanted to be a novelist when I was younger, or a lyricist, but I write so much corporate-communications-y stuff that I've almost forgotten how to do those things. :blink:

Hey! That song you wrote for my wedding was priceless...you don't give yourself enough credit!!!:roftl::naughty:

Hey! That song you wrote for my wedding was priceless...you don't give yourself enough credit!!!:roftl::naughty:

:roftl: Good point. That will be my first platinum selling single.

And I'll get whatever Grammy it is that goes to the songwriters, not the artists. Except Mika will have written the music to it, so we'll go up together to accept the award and he'll make eyes at me and then you'll scratch my Versace dress off me, and there will be a huge scandal. :mf_lustslow:

:roftl: Good point. That will be my first platinum selling single.

And I'll get whatever Grammy it is that goes to the songwriters, not the artists. Except Mika will have written the music to it, so we'll go up together to accept the award and he'll make eyes at me and then you'll scratch my Versace dress off me, and there will be a huge scandal. :mf_lustslow:

LOL he makes eyes at everyone:blink: That's why its so confusing isn't it?:roftl:

Are you ordering a yearbook by the way??? What will you say to him when he signs it??

Definitely don't want to be famous.

Might not terribly mind being well-known, but only in specific circles and only because that's how you succeed in my career. Not really thinking I'll get to that level though, and happily even the most famous people in my field are pretty much unknown to the outside world.

What I have always kind of wanted though, was a level of... not fame, but respect, that would allow me to interact with and help out any well-known people I happen to admire. To be the kind of person of whose existence the general public has no idea, but whom the people who matter know to go to. The hand behind the curtain, so to speak. :naughty: Of course I can't really achieve that in what I do, not exactly... the closest I could come to something like that would be through art, and I'm not pursuing that professionally. That's all right. It would still be nice to be able have some contact with the people whose work I especially enjoy, let them know I appreciate it, and most importantly give them something back in return that they would also appreciate, independently of myself. But I can try to do that no matter what my field.

The person whose "fame" level I most like, and whom I generally admire, is Neil Gaiman. He said himself that 5 years ago he was as famous as he was comfortable with, and now he may have to scale back, but still. He is extremely well known and well respected by everyone in his field, beloved by his readers, accepted in academia and generally acknowledged to be both an inspiration and a genuinely good man. He is small-scale enough to interact personally with his readers, but also gets to work with various Hollywood actors and industry people. The professional respect he has gives him an "in" to anyone he would really like to contact, but he is still not large-scale famous, and can generally go about his normal life without being bothered. That's pretty ideal.

--Jack

Are you ordering a yearbook by the way??? What will you say to him when he signs it??

Heck yes! I splurged on a hardcover. :wub2:

And, I don't know what I'll say. I like to consider myself a fairly composed, quite articulate person - but I'm so afraid that I'm going to say something utterly ridiculous. :blush-anim-cl:

How about you?

I like the way these people handle their fame:

MIKA (duh)

Daniel Day Lewis

Natalie Portman

Audrey Hepburn (when she was alive)

Johnny Depp

These people are all so humble and they don't go out too much in front of the cameras...only when their job "requires it"

Acting is a funny business: you could be the best and not make any money...if you have a look about you, you'll be one of the lucky ones to get a million.

Heck yes! I splurged on a hardcover. :wub2:

And, I don't know what I'll say. I like to consider myself a fairly composed, quite articulate person - but I'm so afraid that I'm going to say something utterly ridiculous. :blush-anim-cl:

How about you?

I'm just going to ask him if he would sign it: and than ask if he liked his copy...from there, I dunno!!

Wouldn't it be freakin awesome if asked for our autographs :naughty::roftl:

wow! Your a photographer?! cool, I want to be a photographer, or somehting close to that idea.

I like the way you said you want to be known behind the scenes! I'm the same, I'd love to be respected and work in a creative job, without having to give up my private life for fame.:thumb_yello:

Well, I'm not a photographer yet. I've only taken a couple classes so far. I'm going to be attending an intense 10 month photography school starting this September. The school leads a lot of people into high end jobs and you have enough knowledge to open up your own studio. Some professional photographers like to higher graduates from this school and you also get to choose two and work with them for a day. I would love to work with them and see what their job is like and find what kind of photography I'm interested in.

I've been watching a lot of Americas Next Top Model lately and the photo shoots that they do is amazing! I want to do those type of shoots sometime. Some of their props are insane! I'd get there so early just to play with them so it's not like the model only gets to have all the fun with the props. :naughty::wink2:

I'll admit that when I was younger I wanted to be famous, but it has changed over time. I also wanted to work at a vet and be an astronaut too and well yeah that's changed a lot too. :roftl: That's why I'd just like to be known behind the scenes so I don't have to worry about my private life or have paparazzi surrounding me day and night whenever I step foot out a door... and as a side note with me wanting to be a photographer I would never be a paparazzi. No way. If I ever have to shoot something like a red carpet event for my job then fine, but stalking people and surround their cars uh... definitely not. Talk about invasion of privacy!

With me, I'd just be happy enough with having my photos in a magazine. I've wanted to work for a magazine for a while now. I can see my friends now being annoyed with me being all "you see that add for (insert whatever here) yeah I did that!!! Isn't it cool?!!" :naughty: I think it would also blow my mind if people like my work enough to buy it and have it hanging in their homes too. My friend already has people buying his work and he's not going off to be a photographer, yet. :bleh: So far I've entered four of my photos into a contest and I find out this month if any of them won or will be published.

Anyway enough of that long winded stuff I get that way when I find people who are into photography. I never knew a lot of people wanted to become one so it surprises me every time I find someone. What do you do right now? Are you going to try to become a photographer too?

I strongly agree with you and Photojenic! :punk:

Right on dude!

Well, I'm not a photographer yet. I've only taken a couple classes so far...

What kind of camera do you use? And, if you won a million bajillion dollars, what kind of camera would you use?

I majored in print journalism, but photojournalism was a minor. :thumb_yello:

Oh my gosh me too! I would be on the front of the tabloids each week. :roftl:

"She was caught walking around in her pjs!"

"She was seen eating a bunch of chocolate!"

"What's that stain on her shirt and how did it get there?!"

"Did you SEE that mess of hair on her head?"

"She told a paparazzi to f*** off and she got in her car screaming!!!"

Ay. No thanks. :lmfao:

What kind of camera do you use? And, if you won a million bajillion dollars, what kind of camera would you use?

I majored in print journalism, but photojournalism was a minor. :thumb_yello:

:jawdrop: Really really?! I want to try out photojournalism!

Believe it or not, I'm HORRIBLE with camera talk. Our school only offers two photography classes so now I'm having to take an independent study in photography. We were only taught basically how to turn on our camera, take a picture and then we were sent out on our own because everyone had different cameras and mine was so old it died half way through the course so I had to get a new one. Soooo I haven't really learned much about cameras but I will come September and I can't wait to know more about them. I feel so stupid when people find out I'm going to be a photographer and throw a bunch of camera lingo at me and I just stare. :blink::naughty:

At the school I'm going to go to they give us a camera worth around $22,000 to use and we have to buy one that's $5,500 that's actually worth around $12,000. We get to keep that one but have to return the $22,000 one. I think I'm going to invest in a fire proof safe for those babies that way nothing is getting to them. :roftl: When I was talking to an instructor and they told us how expensive the cameras were my jaw literally hit the ground and I had to pick it up. I never knew cameras could be so expensive! That one is as much as a car! :shocked:

Anyway, right now I'm using a Canon EOS Rebel T2 and I got a pink Casio Exilim EX-Z1050 that's 10.1 mega pixels for Christmas.

wow...you always make interesting questions:thumb_yello:

*DO YOU WANT TO BE FAMOUS?

Yes. Since I was 10 I wanted to become an actress / have my own music tv program

*WILL YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR LIFE IS COMPLETE IF YOU BECOME FAMOUS?

Yes, because somehow it will be the begging of my artistic life. Yes. It will be completed

*WHAT IS YOUR IMPRESSION OF FAME TODAY? THE GOOD AND THE BAD?

Well, depends of the person, I mean, Paris Hilton , Lindsay Lohan and Brittney Spears...well they are just making fun of fame. Not all people are like them, so I think its good being famous while you don't loose the earth.

*ULTIMATLEY, WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER YOUR OWN PERSONAL SUCCESS?

My personal success? well, could that be my good grades at school? and that people have heard me in my school rado program and they see me as someone that could be important in life? and that I've contributed in programs in school . ;D

wow...you always make interesting questions:thumb_yello:

*DO YOU WANT TO BE FAMOUS?

Yes. Since I was 10 I wanted to become an actress / have my own music tv program

*WILL YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR LIFE IS COMPLETE IF YOU BECOME FAMOUS?

Yes, because somehow it will be the begging of my artistic life. Yes. It will be completed

*WHAT IS YOUR IMPRESSION OF FAME TODAY? THE GOOD AND THE BAD?

Well, depends of the person, I mean, Paris Hilton , Lindsay Lohan and Brittney Spears...well they are just making fun of fame. Not all people are like them, so I think its good being famous while you don't loose the earth.

*ULTIMATLEY, WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER YOUR OWN PERSONAL SUCCESS?

My personal success? well, could that be my good grades at school? and that people have heard me in my school rado program and they see me as someone that could be important in life? and that I've contributed in programs in school . ;D

I agree:thumb_yello:

you know, I love you siggy...

Doesn't mika just have the perfect curve to his nose?!

I love when it scrunches:mf_lustslow:

He did that when he was in front of my face...THIS CLOSE -> <- I was like:wub2: :blush-anim-cl: :blush-anim-cl: :mf_lustslow:

thank you! both of them were made by miss Kissable :D

really????, I LOVE HIS NOSE!!!! I WANT TO STROKE HIS NOSE!!!!YOU LUCKY!!!!!