London Meet Up Thread

Anzuzu

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked a Londoner (Fez :roftl: ) if he knows any good places where we could go, and he told me about a bar called The Firestation, which is an old firestation. Should we check when it's open? :naughty:

Opening HoursMon-Fri: 12:00-15:00, 17:30-23:00

Sat: 12:00-23:00

Sun: 12:00-22:00

In reference to last trains/buses etc.

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/ is your friend.

Thanks that will come in handy! I have had a look and just to warn ppl there are engineering works going on when we are in London. I did a route from Brixton to West Kensington as that is where I am staying for most of the time but the buses seem quite regular and not too difficult but it says to expect delays so advance planning is probably the best idea! :thumb_yello:

It looks good, plus it is in central London so shouldnt be too hard to get to!!! Also, sounds like a nice place for a bite to eat after the gig!!!

I think it needs to be booked :blink: but it looks like a nice place and especially it's opened at midnight !!!!

Thanks that will come in handy! I have had a look and just to warn ppl there are engineering works going on when we are in London. I did a route from Brixton to West Kensington as that is where I am staying for most of the time but the buses seem quite regular and not too difficult but it says to expect delays so advance planning is probably the best idea! :thumb_yello:

There are always engineering works, don't take too much notice of them unless they're gonna actually suspend the part of the line you're travelling on.

1314928620_167265bfcc.jpg

And when using London transport...you should always expect delays anyway :naughty:

the journey planner site is great! I used that a few times! :thumb_yello:

last time I checked site, it mentioned only east london line being closed for quite a long time, due to major works. nothing about central london.

I actually think london tube works wonder and is rather on time, efficient and takes ya everywhere in a min. but I might have had the luck of the tourist! :naughty:

Well those wanting to get the last tube will have to leave sometime between 11 and 12, depending on how far they need to go etc.

Also don't rely on the last tube time too heavily. There are ALWAYS problems with the tubes and anything can happen to change the times or even if the train is running. (For example - Me, Laura and Danika were just out and had a bit of trouble getting home since they closed the entire Picadilly line because someone jumped under a train :blink: )

Yes, there are night buses, most of which are fine, but there are some places you don't want to go through on a night bus or by foot. If I'm in central London and want to get the last train home, I can't leave any later than 10:45 or 11pm :thumbdown:

Wouldn't recommend Brixton at night really....especially for those not familiar with the area, plus there aren't exactly and great places to go anyway.

that makes it a huge problem for the brixton gigs.. :boxed: you think i could not make it tot he tube fromt he brixtons tation to central london, before tube closes, jennie? advices for night busses in that area? (brixton to central london).

Victoria area is good because its just the Victoria Line straight to Brixton or the District straight to Hammersmith. As long as you're pretty central though it doesn't make much difference.

victoria is VERY safe! I stayed there last time and loved it, for being central, very quiet and absolutely relaxing to walk through at night. lots of police and roads clear. reccommanded :thumb_yello: !

In Hammersmith. :thumb_yello:

hammersmith would be perfect for 1st after gig, o.c. but I'd not mind also for 2nd and 3rd, cause it's rather close to where I stay and not a dangerous area to walk back through, I sense.

those who are attending the gig on the 28th, let's catch up after the concert. I don't know much about the brixton area, but am open to any suggestion but in case it is not safe we can go to the city center and party

those who are interested let me know... and suggest a place to go for drinks afterwards, am clueless.. my friends suggested taking me to Soho, which i have plenty of time to do later on.. would be nice to party right after the gig

:partytime2:

yes, count me in!! :naughty:

i´m getting a bit worried by the way because everyone says that brixton isn´t a safe place to stay but i´m gonna stay there in an appartement with some other MFCers...

yes, count me in!! :naughty:

i´m getting a bit worried by the way because everyone says that brixton isn´t a safe place to stay but i´m gonna stay there in an appartement with some other MFCers...

Don't worry, you are with other ppl so it will be fine, and also the main worry is travelling through Brixton and hanging around the area but as long as everyone travels in groups it will be fine!!!:wink2:

good to know.. so the best thing to do is get the H%*& out of there as soon as the gig is over in groups to city center, right?

To be honest if u wanted to hang around outside the venue after I reckon u would be safe cos firstly u wld be in a group and also there will probably be a load more ppl around as well! So I reckon u wld be safe but jus if u do that jus make sure u stick together and dont let anyone walk off on their own!!! Thats my advice!:wink2:

To be honest if u wanted to hang around outside the venue after I reckon u would be safe cos firstly u wld be in a group and also there will probably be a load more ppl around as well! So I reckon u wld be safe but jus if u do that jus make sure u stick together and dont let anyone walk off on their own!!! Thats my advice!:wink2:

thank you for your advice, kittie! :wink2:

thanks for the advice!

how arewe gonna recognize each other.. I mean everyone keeps saying MFCiers wear the craziest outfits, but then again, this is a Mika concert.. so probably everybody will be wearing something insane!

:naughty:

yes i am just wondering about the same thing...

laods of people say they are going to dress up, but i think i won´t do that. i think i wouldn´t feel fine with it but i´m not sure yet :)

so how are we gonna recognize each other? :blink:

thanks for the advice!

how arewe gonna recognize each other.. I mean everyone keeps saying MFCiers wear the craziest outfits, but then again, this is a Mika concert.. so probably everybody will be wearing something insane!

:naughty:

I will be wearing my flashing mfc heart, but dont think I will be wearing anything crazy!

:wink2:

thank you for your advice, kittie!

No worries, anytime! :thumb_yello: