my interpretation on letterman!

Erins Interpretation

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think Letterman and Leno are too dated for late night TV. Letterman was great in my day but that was 15 or 20 years ago. It was the same with Johnny Carson back in the 80s. Letterman came along and made him look like a relic from the 60s.

It's time to move the new generation into more prime time.

Yeah I think Letterman and Leno are too dated for late night TV. Letterman was great in my day but that was 15 or 20 years ago. It was the same with Johnny Carson back in the 80s. Letterman came along and made him look like a relic from the 60s.

It's time to move the new generation into more prime time.

I agree...it seems that its a 'younger' kind of appeal....Even with Conan...I even remember Andy and Conan together which was great and hilarious to me but I think if they brought him back...it wouldn't work as well.

I like his sense of humour and I do think he's exceptionally intelligent...but I'm a sarcastic biatch myself so that's where I'm coming from :naughty:.

I can see why other people would be put off by him although I think most of his guests get what they deserve.

He was really harassing Paris Hilton about her jail time but she was on there to try to flog her perfume or whatever it was that she was selling. Letterman is a comedian, he's not some celebrity whore who produces a show to help them sell their movies or perfume.

If they want to use him for that purpose then they have to subject themselves to his mocking. Everyone knows the deal before they go on the show. Letterman has been doing this since Paris Hilton was a baby.

I think Mika would be quite safe from Letterman. He seems to have a lot of respect for musicians and he only gets into tangles with singers who are outrageous in their own right like Cher or Madonna.

well, I am sarcastic myself and it's not what i mean re. letterman. it's not his sarcasm I don't like, one can be sarcastic but not pretentious. he is pretentious, the way I see it and not very witty either, still from my pov o.c.

he's just nasty cause he cannot find a better way to be funny :wink2:

and as for making fun of paris hilton, that's just a too easy game, dear. she's practically indefensible.. :mf_rosetinted:

well, I am sarcastic myself and it's not what i mean re. letterman. it's not his sarcasm I don't like, one can be sarcastic but not pretentious. he is pretentious

Yes in a sense he is. His on-air schtick is an act. He makes Mika look like an amateur when it comes to separating your public and private personnas.

He has rarely given real interviews during his career and he is very, very different when he is not acting as a talk show host.

Yes in a sense he is. His on-air schtick is an act. He makes Mika look like an amateur when it comes to separating your public and private personnas.

He has rarely given real interviews during his career and he is very, very different when he is not acting as a talk show host.

hmmm thats a new way of looking at it for me...i guess he does seem to bring something a little different to the table...leno seems much more insecure with his approach...letterman doesnt make much excuse for himself and he does make fun of himself a lot more. i do think letterman is a pervert though...haha