Montreal Voir newspaper... small article

guylainem123

http://www.voir.ca/publishing/article.aspx?zone=1&section=6&article=56209

Mika

Brève musique

ARTICLE - 24 janvier 2008 Olivier Robillard Laveaux

Chanteur de pomme éclaté, Mika est sorti d'une boîte à surprise l'an dernier pour connaître un succès monstre avec sa pop sentimentale, joyeuse et colorée. Véritable antidépresseur sur deux pattes, il a cumulé les prix et nominations aux World Music Awards, Grammys et autres Brit Awards de ce monde grâce aux tubes Grace Kelly, Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) et Relax (Take It Easy). S'exprimant très bien en français, le chanteur né à Beyrouth d'une mère libanaise et d'un père américain a vendu près de 4 millions d'exemplaires de son premier album Life in Cartoon Motion. Après un concert dans un Club Soda plein à craquer en mars dernier, Mika se produira au Centre Bell le 28 janvier avec The Midway State et la formation montréalaise Creature.

translation:Mika, (crooner) singer of love songs, came out of a surprise box last year and has success with his sentimental, happy and colorful pop music. An anti-depressant on two legs, he has earned nominations for the WMA, Grammys and the Brits Awards, thanks to his hits "Grace Kelly, Big Girl (You are Beautiful) and Relax (Take it Easy). Mika, who can speak french very well, was born in Beirut to a Lebanese mother and an American father. He sold more the 4 million copies of his first album "Life in Cartoon Motion". After a sold out concert at the Club Soda last March, Mika will be performing at the Bell Center Jan. 28 along with "The Midway State" and a Montreal group called "Creature"

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

agree!!!!!!!!!! what a sweet what to describe him.. :blush-anim-cl:

:lmfao::roftl:

That has got to be the funniest thing I've ever heard him called besides gangsta. :wink2:

I'm sure his reaction to being called that would be, :blink:

I like it. It still cracks me up. :naughty:

That has got to be the funniest thing I've ever heard him called besides gangsta. :wink2:

I'm sure his reaction to being called that would be, :blink:

I like it. It still cracks me up. :naughty:

:blink:gangsta????? when did that happen.. and how did I miss it?! :naughty:

:blink:gangsta????? when did that happen.. and how did I miss it?! :naughty:

It was just how Ticketmaster labeled him as rap/hip-hop and Rilo's whole gangsta pic. :thumb_yello:

He's a piiiimp. Remember he out blinged people at that award show with that tear drop brooch? :naughty: