The Appleman : The Return of the Jedi (part 3)

Yoppappop

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tomorrow is the anniversary of the moment that Mika stepped out on stage in Toronto and opened his mouth and I began the slow but steady descent into madness.

Some wonderful person sent me the Love Today clip I've been waiting for so I've changed my position on shagging Mika, at least for today.

Something this momentous needs to be shared. You know where to reach me.:thumb_yello:

Don't be tempted by evil VS and her vegetables H! :naughty:

I won't :naughty: (at least there are tomatoes on it :naughty: )

The Appleman will celebrate its first birthday in about 2 or 3 weeks as well. Should we celebrate it by eating an extra apple that day? I can't believe its been a year now. Amazing!

I won't :naughty: (at least there are tomatoes on it :naughty: )

The Appleman will celebrate its first birthday in about 2 or 3 weeks as well. Should we celebrate it by eating an extra apple that day? I can't believe its been a year now. Amazing!

Wow, a year of the Appleman...it is amazing! :tears:

I remember reading the thread right at the beginning even though I didn't post here until months later.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of the moment that Mika stepped out on stage in Toronto and opened his mouth and I began the slow but steady descent into madness.

Some wonderful person sent me the Love Today clip I've been waiting for so I've changed my position on shagging Mika, at least for today.

I never changed my opinion about that over the last year :naughty::das:

Its almost tomorrow in Germany so happy slow descent anniversary :flowers2:

Hi apples,

Sorry I'm neglecting you a bit. I was going to say I was busy watching Mika's pics at the Capital awards but then realised...I'm a bad apple :tears:

Ah, don't be ashamed. I took my time to look at them as well. At his nice shirt and his neatly curled hair :naughty:

Hello apples!:thumb_yello:

Nice to see at least some of you are back!:wink2:

Congratulations to one year!:biggrin2:

I celebrate my one year the 24 of March.

Hey Sienna!

How are you?

Its funny that a few of us joined at about the same time. It must have been some kind of virus taking hold of Europe and some other countries at about that time :naughty:

I never changed my opinion about that over the last year :naughty::das:

I had no idea. :shocked::naughty:

I guess it's okay because you're not an old hag. I'm restricted to brief moments of weakness and can't leave my mind in the gutter for 365 days at a time.

Congratulations to one year!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Hi apples,

Sorry I'm neglecting you a bit. I was going to say I was busy watching Mika's pics at the Capital awards but then realised...I'm a bad apple

Ooh, I haven't seen those yet. I'm a bad apple today too.

*Runs off to the Capital Awards thread*

Hi Haeschen!

Thanks I'm fine, how are you?:thumb_yello:

Yes I bet it was the Mika virus!

I went to my first concert April 7.

I didn’t start to post until the summer though.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into!:biggrin2:

No I like it here, funny place, hard to quit!:naughty:

I had no idea.

I guess it's okay because you're not an old hag. I'm restricted to brief moments of weakness and can't leave my mind in the gutter for 365 days at a time.

Not being an old hag is definitely an advantage :mf_rosetinted: . And life in the gutter is nice. You should join me there from time to time :naughty:

Hi Haeschen!

Thanks I'm fine, how are you?:thumb_yello:

Yes I bet it was the Mika virus!

I went to my first concert April 7.

I didn’t start to post until the summer though.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into!:biggrin2:

No I like it here, funny place, hard to quit!:naughty:

I went to my first show an April 9th. Easter Monday :wub2: . And I spent some lovely days in Berlin trying to win my sister's favour back after I took her to the show :mf_rosetinted:

I just realised that I can celebrate my first MFC birthday today. I almost missed it Don't know if anyone's interested. Thought I'd share it anyway. Maybe I should start a thread

Happy Slow Descent Into Madness Day to you all. :yay: :yay: :yay:

Mine's not 'till June. I didn't join the MFC until after I missed his Sydney show and needed somewhere to vent. :mf_rosetinted:

Which Love Today clip?

Hey Suzy!

I think you had better pack your sandwiches when you go to see the Cure!

Article from Planet Sound.

The Cure's top 40 songs

The Cure played a staggering 40 songs at their Wembley Arena gig on Thursday.

The one-off 3¼-hour show included three new songs, Please Project and A Boy I Never Knew and Freakshow, plus encores themed around their albums Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me, Faith and 17 Seconds.

Robert Smith said: "It's scary when I think we've been playing some of these songs for 30 years. A good scary, I should say."

They can unpack their sandwiches, it says it was a one off. :bleh:

But I've heard that Rufus Wainwright is wont to do extremely long shows (aside from his marathon Judy Garland shows). Was this the case in Toronto?

Darn! Why do the UK get all the perks? Whine, whine.

When I used to go and see Elvis Costello, he always used to do a really long set, about 2.5 hours. I could stand it then, I was young.:naughty:

I suppose after he has been going 30 years or so we might get 1 hour 15 mins? :naughty:

Maybe 1 hour 20 minutes if he can still be bothered to sing Grace Kelly. Or 1 hour 25 minutes if he'll still haul out the confetti cannons to distract the crowd for a bit. Or 1 hour 30 minutes if he'll still have the stamina to beat up a trash can. Or, here's an idea: he can continue covering the Eurythmics' entire back catalogue one song at a time for the rest of his career, that should add another 5 minutes to each show. It's quantity, not quality. :naughty:

Thanks for the tip Babs!:thumb_yello:

The Cure concert is in a giant arena (seated venue) called the Air Canada Centre and the tickets I purchased read that my section allows alcohol. Doesn't say anything about food though...:naughty:

But 3 hours! Wow...I look forward to MIKA doing his "Greatest Hits" tour when he's 50 years old and I'm 62. :punk:

Thanks for the tip Babs!:thumb_yello:

The Cure concert is in a giant arena (seated venue) called the Air Canada Centre and the tickets I purchased read that my section allows alcohol. Doesn't say anything about food though...:naughty:

But 3 hours! Wow...I look forward to MIKA doing his "Greatest Hits" tour when he's 50 years old and I'm 62. :punk:

I only hope they are seated venues by then. :naughty:

Or 1 hour 30 minutes if he'll still have the stamina to beat up a trash can.

In 30 years I would also love to have the stamina to be a Lollipop girl. But I think I'd be leaning more towards looking and feeling like Gray Skully. :naughty: