2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA@ Terminal 5 in New York City: 02 Feb

Blue Sky

i'm still in 15%. x__x be patient, rafael. you've already waited more then 3 days. XD

Just watched it! Amazing!!

It took me so long to get my stupid butt on stage even though from the video I was the third person he pulled, but hey, I still got up!

Vero! You're back. :D

Loved your report so far! I sure as hell did have the time of my life up there, although I have no idea how you do it. I was tired after about 5 seconds of hopping, it was so hot under those lights, and I felt nauseous since I didn't have much to eat that day. haha

Ok so we got off the stage and went backstage. Mika was already in his room I presume. The band were feeling particularly great, dancing while going back to their rooms. Mika's mom was there filming us and smiling. I said a huge thanks in the camera and just smiled and wave.

We were lead back to our rooms and then everything went very fast. We were told to change into our normals clothes as fast as possible, everybody seemed to be in a hurry. Someone helped us gather everything and took our costumes downstairs for us. The other two gigs I went to we could kinda hang around, take our time, and we took the costumes back ourselves. But this time it was different. While going into the hallway to look in the mirror and fix my flat post wig hair, I saw Mika who was just out of the shower (yes again lol... he's a very clean person lol) he kept going in and out of his room and was on the phone. Someone asked if they could take pictures with Mika but we were told that sadly it was not possible tonight. MIka had a meet and greet with 200 people to attend.

Then I started to panick a little... I had the MFC banner that I was supposed to give Mika !! I didn't want to fail my mission !!! At the two other gigs we had no problem hanging around and meeting him after, even though it was briefly. So I just assumed at the beginning of the night that I could give him the banner after the show, since he's usually more relaxed than before (which was not the case this time) and that he would get it and than see the MFCers shortly after that.

Boy was I wrong. They were litteraly kicking us out of the place. We really couldn't stay. I said that I had something that I absolutely HAD to give to Mika but I was told I couldn't. So Nadja took it for me and said she would make sure she would give it to him. I told her I just wanted to give it to him and just say thanks for the three gigs, just take a few seconds of his time but she said that sadly I couldn't, that she had to take him at the meet and greet and was already late and that she wasn't allowed to. She felt very sorry for me, she said she was sorry and she knew it was frustrating for me but it was not really her decision. She said she would make sure Mika got the present. So I said to her to say thanks to Mika for me and that I can't thank her enough for the opportunity she gave me. She said : no I'M the one who thanks you, I really appreciated having you on the three concerts. And she said : You know, I want you to know that Mika appreciates A LOT what you did and was very happy to have you on the show. Sometimes he doesn't have the time to thank anyone like he wishes to and to spend time with everyone, everybody wants a piece of him and especially in NYC it gets a little crazy. But trust me he is really appreciative even though he doesn't always have the time to actually say it to people. So I said : I know.... So when you guys come back to Montréal, give me a call if you need someone to act like a crazy person on stage lol ! So she said : for sure, I'm keeping your phone number, when we come back, you're the first person I call, you're my number one !

Aaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !!! You have no idea how sweet this girl is. When she talked to me she kept rubbing my arms. I love her, I said it already but I'll say it again, she's a total sweetheart. So she led me back to the front of the venue and on the way I nearly bumped into Perez who gave me a nasty look :boxed: . What's up with that ? Maybe he somehow knew I'm really not a fan of his :naughty: . By the time I left he was having a conversation with Mika, and all I could here was Mika keeping on saying "brilliant". Lol I love how he always says that word !

So I left the venue, feeling a little gutted...

(To be continued)

Ok apologies in advance since I know this is a big file and it'll probably take forever to download... :thumbdown: But I tried on youtube and photobucket and it said it was over the limit for length.

But yes, ladies and gents, here is a rare video of Lollipop! Yes, you read that correctly! A VIDEO OF LOLLIPOP! :shocked::roftl:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/735f40

I'm actually pretty surprised another one hasn't surfaced yet since, as you can tell from my video, a billion and one cameras shot up during this song and especially when people were first being pulled onstage.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This video is sooooooo great!!!! Thanks so much, Katherine. =D You've made my day![actually, does that expression exists in english? Well, even if it doesn't, i guess you understood what i meant. XD]

Yes I was feeling a little gutted, even though I had an amazing time that night. I felt gutted that I didn't get to say thank you and that I had kinda failed my mission to give him the banner. I knew Nadja would make sure she would give it to him but I really wanted to see his reaction so I could tell it all to the MFCers waiting outside.

So I met with Danie, Becky and Marilyne and we went outside. At that point my priority was : food and something to drink. I was thirsty as hell from the gig and I hadn't eaten dinner at all. So I got something to eat (which smelled good but actually tasted kinda gross.... lol) and to drink and then we went to the back of the venue to join the MFCers waiting there. I went to Debs to tell her I was kicked out and couldn't give Mika the banner directly, but that Nadja would make sure he got it. I felt so bad saying that I had failed my mission. We hung out and talked with the people and waited for Mika to come out.

After a while, not too long though considering he had 200 people to meet, he came out. I was so afraid he would just talk and not sign anything like he did in Toronto. I REALLY wanted my friends to get an autograph !!! Buty luckily, he did take the time to sign many autographs so they finally got theirs ! He seemed to be in a good mood, not tired and unwell like he was in Toronto. All I wanted to say to him was "thank you".... but he was signing autographs pretty fast to a lot of people and I just couldn't get to him. And I really didn't want to be pushy or cut before someone because I knew I was plenty lucky to have spent so much time with him already. And I didn't want to shout "thank you" as well. So yeah I didn't succeed in saying thanks to him.

But it's all good, I consider myself to be one of the luckiest person on earth and I'm sooooooooooo appreciative of everything that happened to me. And I was really happy my friends got autographs !!!

So we left and took a cab back to our hotel....

(To be continued)

So we were still starving so we went to McDonald's before going back to our hotel. Then we got to the hotel, and I was feeling all hyper so it took a while before I went to sleep.

I still couldn't believe everything that had happened to me in the last week...

The next morning I couldn't wake up at all and first thing I knew, Becky was already ready to leave !!! :boxed: ... At that very moment I was so mad at myself for not waking up, I really wanted to spend a little time in the morning with her ! So we hugged, said goodbye, she left and I already started to miss her !

We had breakfast, than got ready for the day. We went outside and we couldn't believe the weather !!! It was hot and sunny and it felt like spring !!! Nothing like that effing snowstorm in Montréal !

So we had a marvelous day, we went to the Empire State Building, walked down 5th Avenue, went to Rockefeller Center and ate hot dogs in Central Park.

Then at 5h30pm we took the bus back to Montréal. I couldn't believe all this adventure was already over !!! I went by so fast !!! This week has been memorable and I shall treasure the memories for ever and ever !!!

The END !

Ok 12 parts... I've outdone myself this time !!! Thanks to all the courageous people who managed to read all of it, major kudos to you !!!

Now it's almost 1h00am and I am TOTALLY exhausted... so I shall go to bed. This week I'll try and find time to read the report threads for Montréal, Toronto and NYC and post vids and pics.

Luv you all, g'night !!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This video is sooooooo great!!!! Thanks so much, Katherine. =D You've made my day![actually, does that expression exists in english? Well, even if it doesn't, i guess you understood what i meant. XD]

Oh you're welcome, I'm so glad :biggrin2: And yes that expression certainly does exist in English as well.

So we had a marvelous day, we went to the Empire State Building, walked down 5th Avenue, went to Rockefeller Center and ate hot dogs in Central Park.

Then at 5h30pm we took the bus back to Montréal. I couldn't believe all this adventure was already over !!! I went by so fast !!! This week has been memorable and I shall treasure the memories for ever and ever !!!

The END !

Oooh on Sunday we went to the Empire State Building, 5th Avenue, Rockefeller Center, and Central Park as well :shocked: hahaha

The END !

Awww... noooo! I didn't want the story to end! Vero' -- I can't tell you

how wonderful it was to get to share at least a small part of this

experience with you! I'm so happy we met, even though we didn't

get to spend a lot of time together. You were an amazing Lollipop

Girl and I'm happy to have seen you dance! Don't worry about the

banner, I'm sure Mika got it -- and maybe eventually we'll hear

about it down the road...

In any case, thanks for writing up your very detailed report -- it will

go in my folder with my other memories of a very special, although

very short, weekend! :huglove:

dcdeb

So we were still starving so we went to McDonald's before going back to our hotel. Then we got to the hotel, and I was feeling all hyper so it took a while before I went to sleep.

I still couldn't believe everything that had happened to me in the last week...

The next morning I couldn't wake up at all and first thing I knew, Becky was already ready to leave !!! :boxed: ... At that very moment I was so mad at myself for not waking up, I really wanted to spend a little time in the morning with her ! So we hugged, said goodbye, she left and I already started to miss her !

We had breakfast, than got ready for the day. We went outside and we couldn't believe the weather !!! It was hot and sunny and it felt like spring !!! Nothing like that effing snowstorm in Montréal !

The END !

Ok 12 parts... I've outdone myself this time !!! Thanks to all the courageous people who managed to read all of it, major kudos to you !!!

Now it's almost 1h00am and I am TOTALLY exhausted... so I shall go to bed. This week I'll try and find time to read the report threads for Montréal, Toronto and NYC and post vids and pics.

Luv you all, g'night !!!

it was long but very interesting! u know i love ya vero!

Awww... noooo! I didn't want the story to end! Vero' -- I can't tell you

how wonderful it was to get to share at least a small part of this

experience with you! I'm so happy we met, even though we didn't

get to spend a lot of time together. You were an amazing Lollipop

Girl and I'm happy to have seen you dance! Don't worry about the

banner, I'm sure Mika got it -- and maybe eventually we'll hear

about it down the road...

In any case, thanks for writing up your very detailed report -- it will

go in my folder with my other memories of a very special, although

very short, weekend! :huglove:

dcdeb

deb...one day ill meet u to ! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for all these wonderful reports.

Post-concert is such a conflict of emotions, having a great time at the concert, but not meeting him when you thought you would, so then you tell yourself to treasure the special concert moments (or backstage like Vero) but still something eats away at you, and in my limited experience, it takes a while for RL to make it all settle into perspective again.

But I find it so interesting that so many of us have the post-concert wrestling with our feelings and expectations and hopes and dreams and reality all fighting inside us!!

Mika creates his illusion for us just perfectly and then it all evaporates in a flash, just like it appeared! The master.:wub2:

PS. That Lollipop video is a huge download, but it is completely amazing. It captures so much of the atmosphere too!!

Fantastic report Vero! Thanx! I'm so glad that NY was great to, although its a bummer about after the show:thumbdown: I hope he comes back to soon, i would do it all over again in a heartbeat! Nadja said she intended on keeping the same lollies for the area- but incase she forgets- don't let her forget about me! Thanx again for the great report

-Laura:glasses3:

Just watched it! Amazing!!

It took me so long to get my stupid butt on stage even though from the video I was the third person he pulled, but hey, I still got up!

Vero! You're back. :D

Loved your report so far! I sure as hell did have the time of my life up there, although I have no idea how you do it. I was tired after about 5 seconds of hopping, it was so hot under those lights, and I felt nauseous since I didn't have much to eat that day. haha

ahhh you can see youself!!!! mine is only at 6% and i have school in an hour!!

HURRRY IT UP!!!

Edit:

Nevermind. Alex already did it. *stupidstupidstupid* I was uploading it probably around the same time she was, hahaha.

Someone way far back posted a video of Lollipop, but it was HUGEEEEE. Like... 97 MB.

So I decided to put it on YouTube. I didn't have to cut it at all, because it was under 10 minutes and 100MBs.

I don't know who filmed it, but whoever it was, if you want me to take it down or give you credit or anything, I will. I just thought I'd put it up for everyone to see without having to download a massive file.

Anyway, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwFjquAE9Fo

well....i had fun uploading it!! lol.

Edit:

Nevermind. Alex already did it. *stupidstupidstupid* I was uploading it probably around the same time she was, hahaha.

Someone way far back posted a video of Lollipop, but it was HUGEEEEE. Like... 97 MB.

So I decided to put it on YouTube. I didn't have to cut it at all, because it was under 10 minutes and 100MBs.

I don't know who filmed it, but whoever it was, if you want me to take it down or give you credit or anything, I will. I just thought I'd put it up for everyone to see without having to download a massive file.

Anyway, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwFjquAE9Fo

Thanks for this - couldn't download the other one!! The hairs on the

back of my neck were standing up by the time he got to the end of

Lollipop!!!! Roll on London!!!! :mf_lustslow:

So I said to her to say thanks to Mika for me and that I can't thank her enough for the opportunity she gave me. She said : no I'M the one who thanks you, I really appreciated having you on the three concerts. And she said : You know, I want you to know that Mika appreciates A LOT what you did and was very happy to have you on the show. Sometimes he doesn't have the time to thank anyone like he wishes to and to spend time with everyone, everybody wants a piece of him and especially in NYC it gets a little crazy. But trust me he is really appreciative even though he doesn't always have the time to actually say it to people. So I said : I know.... So when you guys come back to Montréal, give me a call if you need someone to act like a crazy person on stage lol ! So she said : for sure, I'm keeping your phone number, when we come back, you're the first person I call, you're my number one !

Vero, thank you once again for the fantastic (or as Mika says "brilliant") reports! And I love that Nadja said that to you--she really is sweet.

You know, I realize that Mika has a lot of people demanding his time, and a lot of responsibilities, but it really sunk in when I read your report. Everybody does want a piece of him, and I'm sure he doesn't get to say everything he wants to every fan. In Toronto, I kept trying to go backstage to see you and Laura before and after the show, and Nadja kept telling me "No, I'm sorry you can't come back here anymore." And I remember thinking, "Well, that's not fair. Then why did you give me a backstage pass?" I was annoyed then, but I feel bad about that now.

Every fan wants to stick out, to mean something to Mika, for him to remember them. But that's just another person wanting another piece of him, and I suppose it's not fair for me to have these high expectations. He does what he can, and he does a lot, and I really, really appreciate that. A part of me still wants to stand out, but I know I'm not the only one. Even if he never knows who I am or remembers me, I still feel lucky to be a fan. Think how many people in this world don't get that chance? :wink2:

yuck. i just woke up from a dream where paris hilton is my cousin, and we went indoor rock climbing together....something i would never do anyway. and all of a sudden i hear "big girl" and paris was gone! i went to find her, and she just left the stage, so i went on and danced my life away.

besides that, dream paris was very nice, she bought me mc donalds.

yuck. i just woke up from a dream where paris hilton is my cousin, and we went indoor rock climbing together....something i would never do anyway. and all of a sudden i hear "big girl" and paris was gone! i went to find her, and she just left the stage, so i went on and danced my life away.

besides that, dream paris was very nice, she bought me mc donalds.

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: