Camden Up In Flames.

xLAURENx

North of the market area or possibly in some local houses. they're not too sure yet.. they're trying to push everyone back towards the tube stations last I heard and evacuating people.

Thanks Jen, just looked on teletext, it says they have sealed off the roads, which is sensible, best to keep it clear.

I hope they get the people out safely..

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know much about the area, there are only a few reports out as of now... :boxed:

It's a hip and happening part of London.:mf_rosetinted:

http://www.camdenguide.co.uk/

Markets, music venues, shops, very touristy.

Koko, where Mika played is there, but the other end of the high street.

Did he ever do Camden Barfly? I don't know but Palladuim did, you've got the Electric Ballroom and the Roundhouse (where the Brits Nominations party came from)

It's a busy, busy area day or night. Sometimes I have come home that way at one or two in the morning and the streets are still packed with people.

Don't know much about the area, there are only a few reports out as of now... :boxed:

It's a hip and happening part of London.:mf_rosetinted:

http://www.camdenguide.co.uk/

Markets, music venues, shops, very touristy.

Koko, where Mika played is there, but the other end of the high street.

Did he ever do Camden Barfly? I don't know but Palladuim did, you've got the Electric Ballroom and the Roundhouse (where the Brits Nominations party came from)

It's a busy, busy area day or night. Sometimes I have come home that way at one or two in the morning and the streets are still packed with people.

The market alone gets 300,000 visitors every weekend

And there are a lot of refurbs.

Yes, but the main structure of the building is not reinforced by steel, which is why the floor levels and roofs are collapsing.

Poor camdem.

I was meant to go last weekend, but it was too cold, wish i had now.

I hope none of the number aboved are trapped.

Yes, but the main structure of the building is not reinforced by steel, which is why the floor levels and roofs are collapsing.

Poor camdem.

I was meant to go last weekend, but it was too cold, wish i had now.

I hope none of the number aboved are trapped.

Yeah, but that's only the market, not the whole of Camden. Hence my not 1666 comment.

Just got the link to the BBC website from a friend on a Dutch forum.

Camden... One of my favourite parts of London. Where I go every time I'm in London. Were we spent the entire day waiting for the Palladium gig only 2 months ago. I love that place and now the Market's on fire. :blink:

It sounds pretty scary, people trapped etc. Thanks for opening this thread so that we can follow the news, I can't watch BBC on tv at the moment.

The Hawley Arms is right across the road from the Barfly. Looks like it's structurally okay, but inside is gutted by the sounds of it.

Winehouse's local ..wine...house?

(*resists urge to insert insensitive and slightly vicious remark*)

I go to Camden every week with my sister. She buy's Chinese food from the market and then we walk to Primrose Hill and sit on top of London looking at the pretty lights :)