The Oscars 2008

BonjourMika1990

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My picks...

Best Actor - Daniel Day-Lewis (There Will Be Blood)

Best Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem (No Country For Old Men)

Best Actress - Ellen Page (Juno)

Best Supporting Actress - Saoirse Ronan (Atonement)

Animated - Ratatouille

Art Direction - Atonement

Cinematography - Atonement

Costume Design - Across the Universe

Achievement in Direction - Juno

Best Documentary - N/A

Best Documentary Short - N/A

Film Editing - Bourne Ultimatum

Best Foreign Film - N/A

Best Make-up - Pirates of the Caribbean 3

Music for a Motion Picture - Atonement

Music for Motion Picture (Original Song) - N/A

Best Motion Picture of the Year - No Country For Old Men

Best Animated - N/A

Best Live Action Short Film - N/A

Sound Editing - Bourne Ultimatum

Sound Mixing - Bourne Ultimatum

Visual Effects - Transformers

Adapted Screenplay - Atonement

Original Screenplay - Juno

I thought Sweeney Todd was Johnny's worst acting yet. He was like cardboard. :-S

Johnny is my favorite actor, ever:wub2:

I wouldn't say "carboard" lol... in my opinion he could never be emotionless. The character in the beginning was hollow, and by the end you weren't supposed to like him so I guess he did his job well enough.

I had never seen him play a character like that, and he actually scared me which I didn't think was possible...

I thought he was great, if he wins it'll be well deserved... It's never difficult to play a neutral character...but this one had to have been a challenge... The character was obviously not likeable, but the way he executed it, in my book was genius... It's all in his eyes...his eyes tell the story.. When he discovered that the hag was his wife and that he had killed her, his eyes said it all.

Obviously I'm a fan :P...and hopefully I'll meet him this time next month...God Willing if I get an extra part in his movie:mf_lustslow:

I agree with just about all of yours Mandi.

I still haven't seen There Will Be Blood, shame on me seeing that I've seen just about every other film Daniel Day-Lewis is. I really like him. I love the way he chooses films according to quality and not quantity. He doesn't do a lot of films, but when he does them, he does them well!

I really hope Ellen Page wins though. I loved Juno.

No Country For Old Men will undoubtedly win Best Picture. And I'm almost certain Ratatouille will win for Best Animated! :naughty: I'm still trying to get my mom to watch it. She hates rats. :roftl:

Melanie, well of course you're going to think it's flawless if he's your favorite actor. :) Me...I just found everything about his performance lifeless. Even his singing was boring to me. But then again, he is not my favorite actor.... although I actually love a lot of the movies he's been in and his performances. Sweeney Todd, however, was not one of my faves and I'll actually be disappointed if he wins because out of all of the actors, I don't think he deserves to win.

Kourtney, I agree with what you said about Daniel Day-Lewis. He is a fantastic actor and he certainly does impress when he puts out movies. I've loved him ever since The Last of the Mohicans came out.

I had totally forgotten about the Oscars!

But I soooo support Marion Cotillard! Probably because she's french :bleh:

EDIT : And for the animated movie: Persepolis. Not because it's french but it's really good! Even if Ratatouille was great,I think Persepolis deserves it but Ratatouille is probaly going to win

I loved Daniel too of course...I'd be happy if either johnny or him won.

Ellen Page, well I didn't see the moive so I wouldn't know...but no matter what

MARION COTILLARD KNOCKED MY SOCKS OFF...WHEN SHE CRIED IN THE FILM, IT MADE ME WANT TO CRY THE EXACT SAME WAY...SHE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE EDITH PIAF...

and of course that's the talent of makeup, but the way she spoke, moved and walked...everything was exactly like her... IT amazed me

marion.jpgedith.jpg

Here's the trailer...it shows off her talent a bit...but nothing compares to one scene :shocked: that they'd probably show when they call out the noms.

I loved Daniel too of course...I'd be happy if either johnny or him won.

Ellen Page, well I didn't see the moive so I wouldn't know...but no matter what

MARION COTILLARD KNOCKED MY SOCKS OFF...WHEN SHE CRIED IN THE FILM, IT MADE ME WANT TO CRY THE EXACT SAME WAY...SHE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE EDITH PIAF...

and of course that's the talent of makeup, but the way she spoke, moved and walked...everything was exactly like her... IT amazed me

marion.jpgedith.jpg

Here's the trailer...it shows off her talent a bit...but nothing compares to one scene :shocked: that they'd probably show when they call out the noms.

BRAVO MARION COTILLARD...BRAVO!!!!!!!!!

i JUST FOUND OUT THAT SHE'LL BE IN CHICAGO WITH MR. DEPP FILMING NEXT MONTH... I HAVE TO MEET HER, HER PERFORMANCE CHANGED MY LIFE.:wub2:

BRAVO MARION COTILLARD...BRAVO!!!!!!!!!

i JUST FOUND OUT THAT SHE'LL BE IN CHICAGO WITH MR. DEPP FILMING NEXT MONTH... I HAVE TO MEET HER, HER PERFORMANCE CHANGED MY LIFE.:wub2:

She's making a movie with Johnny? That's awesome! She was so adorable last night. I loved her acceptance speech...it was so sweet and honest. I haven't seen La Vie en Rose, but it's officially on my list of movies to watch ASAP.