Times review

xxLollypop_girlxx

I'm going to take an educated guess here but I gather that Mika is pretty well known and widely played on the radio in the UK.

In North America it seems that when a musician becomes very popular and even maybe overplayed the hate comes out. Reviewers and reporters love to dog on the very popular "top 40" musicians (especially if they are a little different from the pack) Such as Mika (in a good way:wink2: ).

We don't see stage shows like that in Canada, well atleast not that often so the reviews are pretty much blown away.

Maybe this person heard Grace Kelly one to many times on the radio this past week and snapped. She/He obviously went into the show with a negative outlook cause even if you are not a fan of his music there is no way you could say those hurtful and incorrect statements.

p.s. The big girls in Toronto didn't cartwheel (atleast not that I could see, although I was dancing alot) I could see how that would be a little over the top. I would be afraid to take out the keyboard myself :roftl:

That is my rant

Melanie

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways, grumpy little reporter. Probably trying to stand out from all the positive reviews. Too bad he secretly liked it:mf_rosetinted:

Yep :naughty: I think he's a she though. Still, she is a closet fan:mf_rosetinted:

I'm going to take an educated guess here but I gather that Mika is pretty well known and widely played on the radio in the UK.

In North America it seems that when a musician becomes very popular and even maybe overplayed the hate comes out. Reviewers and reporters love to dog on the very popular "top 40" musicians (especially if they are a little different from the pack) Such as Mika (in a good way:wink2: ).

Good point Melanie, that is certainly the case here with Mika. He gets due respect from many, but also a lot of hate!

Well, tomorrow is his last show, so I guess in all reality, it will stop. :naughty: I really don't see him bringing back the Big Girls and Lolipop girls for the next tour and album. I'm sure we'll see a whole different show next time.

But, MIKA, if you do bring back the Big Girls, please try to remember why you wrote the song in the first place. When the girls are acting ridiculous, it's like the first part of the documentary that made you sad. :thumbdown: When they are being beautiful, it's the second part of the documentary that took a turn for the positive. :thumb_yello:

I agree. The dancing is okay, but acrobatics...? NO. It will make them look stupid and make Mika seem as though he's hosting a freakshow. People will laugh at him, and the girls. It needs to stop.