im crying. my cat.

~Mikaboo~

a long time ago my neighbor had a cat named Crystal....he didnt even take care of her and neither did his kids. it was his wifes cat. wen they got divorced she left that cat here because it always stayed with my kitty and im my yard. months passed and we always thought of her more as our cat. we fed her and took good care of her. my neighbor never gave a look but he wasnt ever mean to her....

a few weeks before we left for vacation my mom went of and asked steve (my neighbor) if she had her shots. he quickly interrupted that she did and it was non of my moms biznes. all she was going to ask is if she did not that we would pay for her shots....he didnt even give her a chance....when vacation rolled around we asked my friend to take care of Crystal while we were gone. she agreed.

wen we arrived back home we didnt see our cat in the yard as usual...we waited and waited....after a few days passed i called my friend and she sed the last time she saw her was the day before we got back. we asked steve and he sed he didnt no and didnt care....

that was in december. last night my mom asked if he found out anything and he snapped and started insulting my mom. he was a real jerk.

its been months of wondering where my cat and furry friend has gone....i just wanted clossure....we looked and waited, called the animal shelters and asked all the neighbors...nothing...now im scared steve did something to her and i cant stop crying. his reaction almost makes me think that he really did.....i just want to no what happened....i miss her so much.....

R.I.P.

where ever you are...

i miss you

i love you...Crystal

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so sad... hope you will find some peace....I lost a dog in about the same way in december 2005.... and I know this is terrible...I feel better know.. but yes we do think about it still.... Maybe you will have you're answer somehow someday... I hope so for you... it would be better that way.... keep faith, there is always hope....

There are loads of cat lovers on here, the apples mostly. :wink2:

If you've tried the shelters and the vets, the only other thing I can think of is putting notices up on lamp posts etc and leaflets through people's doors.

Then you will have done all you can.

The only other thing you could have done is taken her into your house and kept her there, which isn't practical.

She may have come to no harm, cats are independant you know. She spent time in your yard anyway, maybe she thought you weren't coming back and went elsewhere for food and shelter as your neighbour doesn't seem bothered?

I told a few little stories that happened to me, in the apple thread last week, which may give you comfort and hope.

My little ginger cat went missing for ten days and I did all of the things we have spoken of above. I just kept going round the neighbourhood looking for him, and keeping my doors and windows open late into the night just in case he returned. Then one Sunday morning about one am, I heard this meowing from a distance, getting louder and louder, and sure enough, it was Bob, he must have recognised when he was nearly home and meowed all the way. He hasn't strayed since.

Before that, I rented a house and a white cat just turned up at all hours, tried to get into my house and eat my cat's food. She did have a collar on. After a while, I just gave up and let her come in, she wanted to so much.

Anyway, I was going to move house and I thought that as I was now feeding her , it would be cruel to leave her behind, so I put a note in her collar, put her details into the vets, but no one ever called me, so I took her with me.

She had obviously belonged to someone, because of the collar so maybe they were missing her, but she wanted to live with me. We had a good eight years together.

And lastly, my boss lost his cat, it was gone for months, then one day, he was driving up his road and he saw a cat in the window of a house further down from his own. He thought that it looked really like his cat. Turned out it was, it had just moved into the other house, the people there had no idea it belonged to him.

Sorry for the marathon, just get me going about cats.....

That's so sad... hope you will find some peace....I lost a dog in about the same way in december 2005.... and I know this is terrible...I feel better know.. but yes we do think about it still.... Maybe you will have you're answer somehow someday... I hope so for you... it would be better that way.... keep faith, there is always hope....

thanks.......

yeeah.....she wasnt a wonderer.....she new we were coming back. we had vacationed many times before...and she wouldnt have left for food or shelter because she already had it. my friend was feeding her and crystal was an outside cat only...she refused to go in....

Even so, you never know what they are up to. After my white cat died, one of my neighbours brought me a photograph of her, taken in their house. It turned out that she used to visit them regularly, taking naps on their bed and all kinds of things. I had no idea!

yeeah.....she wasnt a wonderer.....she new we were coming back. we had vacationed many times before...and she wouldnt have left for food or shelter because she already had it. my friend was feeding her and crystal was an outside cat only...she refused to go in....

well, maybe shell turn up. im wishing you luck:wink2:

I'm so sorry for you. I'm another great catlover, always lived with them, we've always had more than one cat in our house. Most of the years we had 3 or 4. In november my dearest cat died. We were the biggest friends, from day one till he died. I miss him, every single day. He died of bone cancer, only 10 years old....But, I know what happened, that makes a real difference. Once we had a cat that suddenly dissapeared. It's more than ten years ago and still not know where he is or what happened. Think he died because of a caraccident, they're driving like crazy overhere.

I hope you'll feel better doon, or at least that you'll find out waht happened, that insecureness is making it so damn hard.....Big hug from here :huglove: