The Oldlings - Part 18

Wendi

morning folks! Not here for long, but wanted to pop in with a quick update.

Things are getting crazy here at school. Although school is done, it's time to leave dorms for the summer. Much time has been spent sorting through crap,deciding what to take and what to store for summer, throwing stuff out, giving stuff away and general chaos.

Amongst the cleaning duties come the 'farewell' parties. Everyone leaves at different times, so there's been nothing but gatherings every day/night. And the weather has been gorgeous, so I've been going out and living it up on the beaches with friends.

Tomorrow, my beautiful boys from Chile leave for tree planting jobs for a month, then they go back to Chile, which makes me very sad, so I have been spending as much time with them as I can before they go.

I'm about to go out for breakfast with Dad, so I'll talk to you all soon

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Afternoon all!

I'm back home now, from Jemmas, and the van is working pretty much 90% fully functioning, so I'm pretty happy right now.

It was nice talking to FD last night , when I got back to the hotel. I guess I timed it just right for him to be on here.

So did the virtual party go well last night?

The last thing I saw was the Baileys IV drip, brilliant!

I'm gonna watch I Am Legend later on - Just got it out of the video shop... why do we still call it a video shop - they don't do video's.... lol

Oh well Blockbuster's then :)

Hi there - am fine thanks!! Have a quiet evening planned as both daughters

are in - and not going out :punk:

Those leaving parties sound like fun!! :wink2:

yeah ti's great, but I'm so exhausted, and I still have packing to do because I leave the dorms here on Wednesday morning :( But family is gone now, so I can concentrate on cleaning I guess.

Tomorrow my beautiful boys leave, and I'm so sad :( Trying not to be upset, but I have made such a deep spiritual connection with Pastor, it transcends simple physical attraction. so now I definately have to go visit Latin America. I've been learning alot of spanish in the last week, and the boys all say I am learning so very fast that they can't believe it :) It's amazing what MOTIVATION does for you!!! :)

Hi Wendi, Crystal

How's u today or anyone else who's here... :)

Good, but tired! How are you?

I'm gonna watch I Am Legend later on - Just got it out of the video shop... why do we still call it a video shop - they don't do video's.... lol

Oh well Blockbuster's then :)

They call it a 'movie gallery' here now :) LOL

They call it a 'movie gallery' here now :) LOL

Our place is called the "video shack"!! :naughty:

Hello all!

Are we ready for tonights session.

Ha ha, I sound like a Bingo caller.

Hiya Rose - not tired out from last night's partying? :wink2:

yeah ti's great, but I'm so exhausted, and I still have packing to do because I leave the dorms here on Wednesday morning :( But family is gone now, so I can concentrate on cleaning I guess.

Tomorrow my beautiful boys leave, and I'm so sad Trying not to be upset, but I have made such a deep spiritual connection with Pastor, it transcends simple physical attraction. so now I definately have to go visit Latin America. I've been learning alot of spanish in the last week, and the boys all say I am learning so very fast that they can't believe it :) It's amazing what MOTIVATION does for you!!! :)

You have the experiences now - so you can use them to enrich your

life - and also start a new life path with the working holiday you have planned, and learning a new language is always going to be an advantage!! :thumb_yello:

Hello all!

Are we ready for tonights session.

Ha ha, I sound like a Bingo caller.:naughty::naughty:

Session of what? Please tell me! It sounds like it might be exciting!

life - and also start a new life path with the working holiday you have planned, and learning a new language is always going to be an advantage!! :thumb_yello:

My life is so enriched. I gave Pastor a card yesterday that I found in the store with such a beautiful passage in it, I will share it here with you now

"You are something - and someone - very special. You really are. No one else in this entire world is exactly like you, and there are so many beautiful things about you....

You're a one - of - a - kind treasure, uniquely here in this space and time. You are here to shine in your own wonderful way, sharing your smile in the best way you can, and remembering all the while that a little light somewhere makes a brighter light everywhere. You can - and you do - make a wonderful contribution to this world.

You have qualities within you that many people would love to have, and those who really and truly know you.. are so glad that they do. You have a big heart and a good and sensitive soul. You are gifted with thoughts and ways of seeing things that only special people know.

You know that life doesn't always play by the rules, but that in the long run, everything will work out.

You understand that you and your actions are capable of turning anything around - and that joys once lost can always be found. There is a resolve and an inner reserve of strength in you that few ever get to see. You have so many treasures within - those you're only beginning to discover, and all the ones you're already aware of.

Never forget what a treasure you are. That special person in the mirror may not always get to hear all the compliments you so sweetly deserve, but you are so worthy of such an abundance.....of friendship, joy, and love."

I thought it was so beautiful and completely said what I wanted to say. I told him that if there are words he doesn't understand to please ask me and I will translate for him.

I think that this summer when I am working at the farm that I will also attend to some inner spiritual lessons too. I want to get in better health, both physically and mentally and emotionally. I want to learn better eating habits, I want to exercise every day, I want to do some soul searching.

I'm feeling very excited about what is happening in my life right now. If nothing else, meeting these people have been a catalyst in my life to go on and try something amazing.

And you are right, knowing another language can do nothing but benefit me in my future life, whether I go to South America or not. Spanish, or forms of it, are spoken all over the world.

It feels very daunting too though, my world view has expanded so much, my expectations of myself have grown, I realize I have some bad habits I will drop, and I have some good habits I want to pick up.

I feel change in the air. Alot of change. Scary, but exciting too!

Nah! Not me, I drove all the way back this afternoon, I'm ready for anything. I had lemon cake!:roftl:

Hiya Guylainem!! :huglove: The real party seemed to go really well,

the one here kinda fizzled out!!! :naughty:

Crystal - that is a beautiful passage - and seems to say everything

you wanted to!! I hope this summer is everything you want it to be!! :wub2:

Hiya Guylainem!! :huglove: The real party seemed to go really well,

the one here kinda fizzled out!!! :naughty:

Crystal - that is a beautiful passage - and seems to say everything

you wanted to!! I hope this summer is everything you want it to be!! :wub2:

It totally does :) My summer will be everything I MAKE it to be :) I think I know what it is that I want to do, and all I have to do is DO IT! :))

Hows things over there on the islands?

That's on my list of places to go too, and I don't have to learn Spanish to go where you are! :)

hi everybody. the mfc is still misbehaving for me, first it won't let me reply, then I have to keep logging in.

sounds like Jemma had a great party, and Crystal, you go get that guapo chico!

hi everybody. the mfc is still misbehaving for me, first it won't let me reply, then I have to keep logging in.

sounds like Jemma had a great party, and Crystal, you go get that guapo chico!

He is definitely a beautiful man! *sigh* I will, but you cannot rush a good thing. I think that this will be a friendship that will last a lifetime, and I do not want to ruin it by making it serious too fast. I'm the kind of person that it takes awhile for people to appreciate me, so I have learned patience. I find that the whole "patience is a virtue" thing is very true. If I wait long enough, I almost always get what I want at some point! :) I think it's also fates way of making sure that it really IS what I want. Sometimes I can be very rash, and make a decision on something without thinking of the future. This way I HAVE to :)

I really can't see the association being anything but beautiful, regardless of it's depth or lack thereof. I have already learned so much from him, and it has only been a few months. And he seems so eager to share his energy, his music, his learning. It's great :) I can't wait for the future!!! :)

although I do wish there was transporter technology so I could just go down to Chile and visit him whenever i felt like it LOL