The Oldlings - Part 18

Wendi

Heya weealx you are a gem :thumb_yello:

Hi Riverstwilight - what kind of name is that! Welcome to the Oldsters' nursing home if you are naughty you will be left in the playpen!

and I should know

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you thought of hairdressing in a funeral parlour? The clients are very cooperative, never complaining.

sorry - I couldn't resist :angel_not:

The money is really good but I couldn't touch dead people:blink:

Have you thought of hairdressing in a funeral parlour? The clients are very cooperative, never complaining.

you would have to die a lot, and the clients would not be dead scared like live peeps are.

Hi mamma - will i get to meet you next month - and can you explain cell phones in canadafor me?

can I buy a payg sim and put it in my cell??

Hey carri!

Unfortunately I am very cellphone naive.... I bet that Christine or Suzy would know the answer to your question.... have you set anything up to meet ay of the Ontarian MFC'ers when you're here? May be even the Peeps in the States nearby would like to be part of a get together. We all were at the Toronto concert in January, but I didn't know anyone yet, hadn't joined MFC at that point. :wink2: Cattie and I are in London, about 300km southwest of Toronto.

Hey carri!

Unfortunately I am very cellphone naive.... I bet that Christine or Suzy would know the answer to your question.... have you set anything up to meet ay of the Ontarian MFC'ers when you're here? May be even the Peeps in the States nearby would like to be part of a get together. We all were at the Toronto concert in January, but I didn't know anyone yet, hadn't joined MFC at that point. :wink2: Cattie and I are in London, about 300km southwest of Toronto.

am hoping to meet suzy and christine again when in Toronto - some time between 27th and 31st May :)

Evening all!

Another short visit tonight, but not too far from home, at Reading (hello Silver, if your here, heh heh!).

Weely, not behaving again I see, they'll be no godies for you at Hamsterjam if you're not careful, young man.LOL!

Hello Riverstwilight, what a lovely name, reminds me of some of the beautiful sunsets I've seen on my travels.

Robi off on her travels now then?

Evening all!

Another short visit tonight, but not too far from home, at Reading (hello Silver, if your here, heh heh!).

Weely, not behaving again I see, they'll be no godies for you at Hamsterjam if you're not careful, young man.LOL!

Hello Riverstwilight, what a lovely name, reminds me of some of the beautiful sunsets I've seen on my travels.

Robi off on her travels now then?

Why are you in Reading?:shocked:

Hi mamma - will i get to meet you next month - and can you explain cell phones in canadafor me?

can I buy a payg sim and put it in my cell??

if you contact your operator, and ask them for a sim for the country you are going to the will supply one, some may charge, if they want to chARGE ASK FOR SOMEONE SENIOR AND THREATEN TO GO TO ANOTHER PROVIDER, YOU WILL GET IT FREE. sorry fingers too big for keys

that was dead funny

HAHAHA!!!

weealx, you are very naughty changing quotes the way you do!

You seem obsessed with my name, so I'll let you in on a little secret:

I was feeling pretentious and thought Twilight River sounded all mysterious and dreamy. It's going to be my pseudonym if I ever write trashy romance novels :wink2:

I flipped it around to Riverstwilight on here to make it harder to track me down with Google, but now I've blown my cover and it's all your fault!

So there :bleh:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

The money is really good but I couldn't touch dead people:blink:

I understand. I used to have a corpse phobia, but when I went into nursing, I had to get over it quickly or quit. the worst was taking bodies of patients who had died in the night to the morgue, alone.

Have you seen the movie My Girl (a real nice film) set in a funeral home and the young girl who lives there is petrified of corpses. Her best bud (McAuley Culkin) ends up a client - very sad. Anyway, her widower dad, Dan Akroyd, hires a hairdresser to do the clients' hair and romance follows... really a nice film.

if you contact your operator, and ask them for a sim for the country you are going to the will supply one, some may charge, if they want to chARGE ASK FOR SOMEONE SENIOR AND THREATEN TO GO TO ANOTHER PROVIDER, YOU WILL GET IT FREE. sorry fingers too big for keys

He's earning his keep!:thumb_yello:

Thank you, Wendi, Jemma, and Pooh!

Computer courses are fun! I took two years of courses for a Network Administration certificate and got a job as a graphic designer. Small town, no network jobs, not many skilled people, so they hired me because I knew how to operate a computer. Good thing I learn fast :)

Right now, I'm working as a sort of nurse's assistant for my brother. He has epilepsy and is mentally slow. He gets confused easily, so I talk him through his chores every day. It isn't a worthless job, but it pays next to nothing and there are other things I want to do with my talents. The agency I work for will find a replacement for me when I leave to go back to school next year. My brother lives with my mom, so he won't be alone when I go.

It just took me a long time to figure out how to become what I wanted to be when I grew up :wink2: Now, that I've figured it out, I just need to do it.

Now, I really am going to get some sleep :punk:

lol i still don't know, but i'm enjoying the studying. that's a rewarding job but exhausting, i used to help my mum be a carer to my nan.

Pooh, you too? How's the gay with the headache?:naughty:

Did I miss anyone?

he's trying to numb the headache with wine :roftl:

some of our clients weren't far off that lol

I understand. I used to have a corpse phobia, but when I went into nursing, I had to get over it quickly or quit. the worst was taking bodies of patients who had died in the night to the morgue, alone.

Have you seen the movie My Girl (a real nice film) set in a funeral home and the young girl who lives there is petrified of corpses. Her best bud (McAuley Culkin) ends up a client - very sad. Anyway, her widower dad, Dan Akroyd, hires a hairdresser to do the clients' hair and romance follows... really a nice film.

I love My Girl:wub2:

Hallo Penguin Rose!

I saw a pic of you on Christine's Facebook - I giggled at the caption - something about "just a regular day for Rose" which was funny because the photo was of Jemma and Caz (i think) in BigGirl corsets, and you were off to the side happily texting away on your phone!:naughty: