Use your imagination

xBillyBrownx

Okay I'm sorry to bother you with this but I really don't know where else to go.. And I know MFCers have a lot of talent and creativity and I know your advice would be extremely valuable.. So please bear with me, will you?

I am currently planning my art exam for my AS course.. Which happens to be this coming week, on Tuesday to be exact. And I have to have come up with an idea which is linked to my chosen topic and have everything planned by then.

My chosen topic Networks and Transport (strange I know).. Anywho.. So I decided on what photo to use for my final piece, which is a good step (but certainly not enough). This is the photo I chose (which I took from the plane on my way to see Mika:wub2:):

newDSC04504.jpg

It's obviously very difficult and detailed, but it's one of the best I took.. And I also decided to use the style of the following artist:

UK-272.jpg

2000_9.jpg

UK-279.jpg

However, I don't know what materials to use.. This guy uses NOODLES.. Which would probably be a bit difficult/insane to use.. So I'm not quite sure.. So do you have any suggestions? Any idea how I could do this? What do you think about the whole idea in general?

Please let me know all of you thoughts:wub2:

And wish me luck:naughty: Goodluck to anyone else who's going through the same madness.

Thanks!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh very nice pictures! for some reason i see a head with crazy hair in the first one lol.

i have to go before thinking of anything brilliant-- toothpicks maybe? colored ones even i'll try to think of more later lol

Haha it does look quite strange so i guess that's possible:naughty:

This is a great idea! Okay let me know :)

Ooh it looks really fun, very creative and open to your individual interpretation.

I think id maybe use string, coloured strips of wire or wire then paint over it with paint mixed with glue so it sticks, coloured wool, pipe cleaners (those coloured bendy things) or maybe lollipop sticks!

(Always a way to get mika related things into daily life :roftl:)

Mmm thinking, im trying to put my 5 years of primary education training into practice, the amount of hours i ve spent collecting lollipop sticks and pipe cleaners for my class to use making junk models, you d think id be alot more inspirational, sorry!

If i think of any thing else i ll let you know!

Ooh it looks really fun, very creative and open to your individual interpretation.

I think id maybe use string, coloured strips of wire or wire then paint over it with paint mixed with glue so it sticks, coloured wool, pipe cleaners (those coloured bendy things) or maybe lollipop sticks!

(Always a way to get mika related things into daily life :roftl:)

Mmm thinking, im trying to put my 5 years of primary education training into practice, the amount of hours i ve spent collecting lollipop sticks and pipe cleaners for my class to use making junk models, you d think id be alot more inspirational, sorry!

If i think of any thing else i ll let you know!

Lollipop sticks and lollipop wrappers for color!!! Get eating! ....well, sucking..........okay i'm done hehe =]

I too was going to suggest string, but what about yarn or threads? You can get many different colours, thicknesses, textures etc.

What are you using for the background? Paint, paper collage, wallpaper paste (or whatever it is you use for making paste paper)?? I don't know exactly what you have in mind...

Oh and if it was me, there would have to be metallic elements, but that's just because I love seeing that kind of thing in pictures:blush-anim-cl:

How big is the finished article going to be?

Actually, I have another question... How does that guy use the noodles? Are they actually on the finished paintings or does he do like a resist thing with them and apply paint etc over them and then remove them to leave a channel of colour? I can't quite work it out from the pics themselves...

Oh wow thank you all so much! These are amazing ideas! I think I'll have to try some of them out and see what works best!

Chickadee - I'm not quite sure how he uses the noodles. But I think he just sticks them on with glue? And then paints over them?

I'm gona use acrylic paints and paper collage for the background I think.. SO what do you think?

Thanks again! :original:

wow that looks really amazing!!

what it the artist's name that uses the noodles? i'm in art history at the moment, and all this is soo interesting! i'm glad you found something to use:thumb_yello:

Thanks a lot!!

Wow that's really interesting as well:thumb_yello: Is it fun? The artist's Udomsak Krisanamis..

Shahd--you're amazing! *is glad you're working on the Billy Brown mug with the rest of us artistically challenged folk who joined*. :fisch:

Thank you!!:blush-anim-cl:

Actually you guys are really creative so I'm glad too:wink2: