The "Food" Thread

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

S'mores!! Yummmy! Me and my friend both got a sudden craving for them but didn't have a bonfire so we made them over a candle :roftl: Precision-roasted marshmallows.

hahahahahahaha... precision-roasted... hahahaha:roftl::roll1:

I got all creative last night and decided to try make this thing I'd seen on TV... for those of you who like carbs and starch as much as I do :blush-anim-cl: you will like these!

They've got red kidney beans, chickpeas, rice and lentils in them and you blend them all together and make a stiff kind of sticky paste. Then you make little balls out of it and roll them in toasted sesami seeds and put them in the oven for about 10 min.... really really yummy!!:thumb_yello:

I got all creative last night and decided to try make this thing I'd seen on TV... for those of you who like carbs and starch as much as I do :blush-anim-cl: you will like these!

They've got red kidney beans, chickpeas, rice and lentils in them and you blend them all together and make a stiff kind of sticky paste. Then you make little balls out of it and roll them in toasted sesami seeds and put them in the oven for about 10 min.... really really yummy!!:thumb_yello:

OMG, they sound really yummy. How much of each do you put in? I'll try them tomorrow :biggrin2:

Ok, but I think this is about right....

1.You need about 1 handful of rice per person and the same with the lentils

2. 225g of the red kidney beans and of the chick peas (I'm asuming your food tins are the same sizes as ours:bleh: )

3. about 1 teaspoon of garlic and of ginger

4. 3 tablespoons of chopped corriander (or if you use the dried stuff then about 2 tablespoons)

5. If you want to you can also add 1 teaspoon of chopped chilli.

:naughty:Hope they work out for you... those are pretty rough guesses

summer food!!! you should all try it!

i know it's quite popular in canada & usa, i'm not sure about anywhere else in the world. :thumb_yello:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smores

Mmmmmmmmmm...me likes the smores!!!

When i have a craving for junk food, this is the best :

Falafel

falafeldb6.jpg

Falafels are sooooooo good!!!

I like carbs :biggrin2: And that actually sounds really good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

look at this!!!

and this is real!!! NO PLASTIC!!!can you actually believe this!!!??? i was looking for miniature plastic food and found this randomly, the woman said that after they cooked it [ the hamburger] they shared it and ate it,lol, and look at the mini fries!!!

thats the cutest thing ever!!!

2s0k26o.jpg

xqew7n.jpg

ivygr4.jpg

2due81v.jpg

jkestt.jpg

bg1k0n.jpg

look at this!!!

and this is real!!! NO PLASTIC!!!can you actually believe this!!!??? i was looking for miniature plastic food and found this randomly, the woman said that after they cooked it [ the hamburger] they shared it and ate it,lol, and look at the mini fries!!!

thats the cutest thing ever!!!

2s0k26o.jpg

xqew7n.jpg

ivygr4.jpg

2due81v.jpg

jkestt.jpg

bg1k0n.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! :wub2: That's adorable!!!

I don't know why, but little miniature things always make me go Awwwwwwwwww.

They're just so CUTE! It doesn't make any sense...

But they're adorable. Even little water bottles, I go "That's so cute!"

I think that's with a lot of girls haha...

really? i didnt know, but i must admit its true for me! why i sthat so??? I mean that girls like it?

I really don't know haha...

But whenever I'm with my friends that are girls, and there's something mini, we just say "Aww that's so cute!" :lol3:

And also at school, if someone takes out a mini water bottle, a lot of the girls in class just go "Awwww!"

It's weird and random... Hahah

I mean, I'm sure it's not with all girls. I'm just saying that with lots of girls I know, they think the same about it.

I really don't know haha...

But whenever I'm with my friends that are girls, and there's something mini, we just say "Aww that's so cute!" :lol3:

And also at school, if someone takes out a mini water bottle, a lot of the girls in class just go "Awwww!"

but you mean that at school if someone takes out a mini bottle, only the girls go "aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww" and not the boys???? how strange!!!lol!

there must be an xplanation behind that:naughty:

but you mean that at school if someone takes out a mini bottle, only the girls go "aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww" and not the boys???? how strange!!!lol!

there must be an xplanation behind that:naughty:

:lol3: Yeah I guess.. hahah

It's weird.

I mean, it's not a whole chorus of the girls going "Awwww!" but there generally are lots that say, "It's so cute!"

Just an observation :wink2:

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! :wub2: That's adorable!!!

I don't know why, but little miniature things always make me go Awwwwwwwwww.

They're just so CUTE! It doesn't make any sense...

But they're adorable. Even little water bottles, I go "That's so cute!"

I think that's with a lot of girls haha...

Mini water bottles. I had those before. They looked like regular watter bottles (you know like Nestle, Aquafina, Dasani...those types) but they were a miniature version of them. I pulled the water bottle out and people were facinated by them. Seriously, they thought it was the coolest thing. And it wasn't only girls who were making comments on them.. The guys were pretty interested as well:roftl:

Puppy Chow is soooo good.

I agree! I made it for the first time and was pleasently surprised. The recipe made SO much...but it all got eaten:naughty:

And when I was putting the powdered sugar on, I used my hands right. Then some of the icing sugar got on my hands of course. I was about to clean my hands at the sink but just before I wiped my nose. How incredibly wrong that looked.