The Vampire Weekend Thread.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend Ausrine, introduced me to this band...They're cool, they were just in town too...damn.

That's a pretty name.

I know it doesn't really have anything to do with the conversation, but I like that name.

Yeah, its pronounced Osher-ee-na if people were confused haha

veeery pretty :)

Ohhh, I thought it was pronounced like Aws-ree-na

She gets that alot:roftl:

People never have trouble pronouncing my name.:wink2:

You'd be amazed at how many people mispell my sister's name, though.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. If you want to read for a bit. Check out our blog/story from our Vampire Weekend Concert. It was on the 10th. IT WAS AWESOME!!! The blog and pictures are also at our myspace page. So feel free to leave comments.

All of our pics are at this Flickr link:

And here is a few pics we just had to put on here:

045-1.jpg

From left to right: Chris, Megan, Ezra, Haley, Drummer from Vampire Weekends opening band White Williams, and Chris.

7-1.jpg

Ezra<333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

VAMPIRE WEEKEND CONCERT

By: Megan and Haley Meyer

Sept. 10th 2008 was a filled day and the first part was totally not like the second part. We had to wake up at our usual time, 6:00 a.m. because we are juniors at college and have an 8:00 a.m. class. We are NOT morning people, we are so “night owls”, but we were excited this Sept. morning because that night we were going to see Vampire Weekend at The Pageant in St. Louis.

So we don’t get out of school until 1:00 p.m. and doors open at 7:00 p.m. and the concert was at 8:00 p.m. But we were going to go to a few places in the loop in St. Louis and we were stopping for lunch. One of the stops we wanted to make was Vintage Vinyl. We saw The Ting Tings there not to long ago. We bought a CD and started walking back to the car, which was parked almost right in front of The Pageant. We got a good parking spot for getting there so early. While walking back we had to wait to cross the street. So we were just there when someone came up and stood next to us waiting to cross the street also. I, Megan just looked at him (we could only see his side profile, and I remember also looking at his shoes). I whispered to Haley “Aren’t those cool shoes? Those so seem like something Rostam would wear.” We were already thinking that maybe just maybe that could be him. Then all three of us crossed the street together. He was on his phone to begin with and was walking faster than us. Then when he reached The Pageant, we saw him try to open the door to The Halo Bar but it was locked. We think he tried to open another door but it was locked also. We think he got through The Pageant gift shop so we were almost sure it was Rostam the keyboardist for Vampire Weekend.

So we had an hour left to wait because The Halo Bar didn’t open until 5:00 p.m. for those over 21. The Halo Bar is the bar connected to The Pageant. So we waited in the car. It had said online that the first 4 people to walk in The Halo Bar were automatically given early entry passes. So 2 people formed a line when we were getting out of the car, so we stood in line behind them. Then another person joined their party, so when we entered The Halo Bar only one of us got the last entry pass. We were ticked off a little bit but the bouncer or whatever he was (big guy with a blue jean jacket) said that we all could go in (all 5 of us early entry winners). So when 6:30 p.m. came around, blue jean jacket guy came to our booth and was like, “Are you guy’s ready?” and we were like in our minds, “Heck YES!!” and followed him. So we 5 people cut in front of the people in line, lol. We acted like Wayne and Garth on Wayne’s World showing off our passes. So in we went and got us a spot on the dance floor front and center, WOOHOO!! So we must say that Vampire Weekend’s opening band, White Williams was friggin’ awesome!! Their electro 80’s sound was fantastic! One cool moment was when the helpers were setting up the band’s equipment. When we saw someone carry out Ezra and Chris’s guitars, we screamed with joy because we noticed the guitars from the music videos. THEN at about 10 after 9:00 p.m. Vampire Weekend came out on stage in single file and went to their spots. WOW!! They were exactly how we imagined. They sounded so great! Ezra was right in front of us (nothing or nobody in between us, look at pics!!). They sang every song they knew including a couple of new ones (YAY!). We must say that we absolutely loved when Ezra said “Thank you St. Louis.” He said it many times and it was so sweet. The song line up was:

Mansard Roof

Campus

Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa

M-79

White Sky

Bryn

Ladies of Cambridge

A-Punk

One (Blake’s Got a New Face)

The Kids Don’t Stand a Chance

Oxford Comma

Encore (Walcott)

End of part 1 of 2

Part 2 of 2

We don’t know how to explain it all. It was just fabulous!!! We sang along to almost every song. Our voices were very hoarse. They left the stage and came back out to do an encore of Walcott. It was great and they said that they would love to come back to St. Louis sometime since this was their debut gig in St. Louis.

So the concert was over but we were just starting. Remember, we’ve been awake for 17 hours, pretty much standing the whole time. It was great!!! So out come the clean up crew and everyone began to leave but the entire front row. We saw Ezra for a split second. So the clean up crew started throwing song lists to the front row. We didn’t get one of those. Then they started throwing water bottles and guitar pics. We caught a water bottle!!!! Don’t know which band member it belonged to but it was drunk from, so wow.

So once the staff said to leave, we all made our way to the merchandise room. And boy was it CROWDED! We got ourselves an LP version of their CD. The t-shirts were selling like hotcakes. Thank goodness we had our A-Punk shirts on. (They weren’t selling those that night; we got ours on the bands online shop). Then all of the sudden I, Megan said to Haley “Look, there’s the guy from the opening band!” We acted calm and cool about it but really we were super stoked and didn’t want to appear as idiots. So there was a person in front of us wanting an autograph from White Williams and the guy wanted him to sign a dollar bill. White said “Give me the five dollar, its worth more”. We just cracked up at that. So then it was our turn and we bought a mini LP of their songs and White signed it for us. He stared at us for a couple of seconds and was like “Are you twins?” and we said yes and he said back to us, “Yeah, because you REALLY look the same.” You had to be there to hear how he said it. He was like the most calm and relaxed person. He was like, “Did you have a secret twin language when you were younger?” lol, and we were like “No” but probably to our family we did.

So it was rumored that Vampire Weekend was to make an appearance at The Halo Bar later on. So our path crossed again with Mr. Blue Jean Jacket Guy. After all the time we spent together in early entry heaven, he still asked for our ids. So he asked if we liked the show and we were like “YEAH, it was so good!” So we waited for like 15 minutes in The Halo Bar when this somewhat tipsy girl noticed our LP and asked if we knew if they were coming into The Halo Bar. We didn’t know. She said a group of fans were forming a line behind The Pageant out by the tour bus. We remember seeing the tour bus earlier that day. So we thanked her and made our way to the back of The Pageant.

So we were walking and saw a group of people from a distance. A few people passed us going back the other way and they said “Are you guy’s twins?” We said yes. Then they said “So are we.” We then asked them if Vampire Weekend was down there and they said yes and to hurry up. We thanked them and hurried freaking up. So we were waiting in the fan line and from our view, we could really see Chris (Drummer), and Ezra (Lead singer). We were so excited! We were last in line as far as we knew. There were three guys in front of us and when it was their turn they asked if we could take their picture with ones camera phone. So of course the favor had to be returned to us. We remember walking up to them and walking straight to Ezra first. It was great meeting them all but Rostam Batmanglig wasn’t there. We walked up to Ezra and exchanged our hello’s and remember saying among things like “Hi, you guys were awesome!” Ezra said “Thanks for coming guys.” That was so totally sweet. Ezra was like “Wow, you’ve got the old school A-Punk shirts on. Where did you get those? We were all smiles and we said we got them online. He was looking back and forth at us during this. In between talking, we got our LP signed by Ezra Koenig, Chris Baio, and Chris Tomson. WOW!

So then Chris (The bassist) out of the blue, said “I saw you two earlier today outside the music store. I was going to say something but I stopped myself.” We shook our heads yes and said “Really? Vintage Vinyl.” It had to of been Vintage Vinyl because that was the closest music shop down the street and the fact that we went there earlier that day. It was so great how he remembered us from earlier.

So the three guys took our picture. It was just a matter of seconds for the pic, but the memory will last forever. We held our LP and were slightly angled and Ezra put both his hands on our shoulders. It was wonderful. The pic turned out awesome! There was a forth guy in the pic who was the drummer from the opening band. So that was like a bonus. Someone said for him to get it and we were thinking to ourselves “The more the merrier.” So we thanked them and were on cloud nine when we left. The three guys we took the picture for were talking to them when we left.

So it was a fantastic day. We got our early passes, pics, water bottle, LP, White Williams autographed LP, autographed Vampire Weekend LP, pic with the band, and a chat. Who could ask for anything more? WOW!!! It was a perfect night. It went so smoothly. It was one of the best nights of our lives, WE STAND CORRECTED.

:shocked: i.. am SOOO JEALOUS!!

it sounds like u guys had a fantastical time!!!

That makes the second time somebody has said they were jealous.:roftl::roftl::roftl:

They were sooooooooo nice and sweet!!! We'll be talking about this for years. And also saying for years that Ezra had his hands on our shoulders.:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

That makes the second time somebody has said they were jealous.:roftl::roftl::roftl:

They were sooooooooo nice and sweet!!! We'll be talking about this for years. And also saying for years that Ezra had his hands on our shoulders.:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

haha nice!

omg! ur making me breath really fast! :roftl: hahaa i wish i were u guys!

Hey everyone. If you want to read for a bit. Check out our blog/story from our Vampire Weekend Concert. It was on the 10th. IT WAS AWESOME!!! The blog and pictures are also at our myspace page. So feel free to leave comments.

All of our pics are at this Flickr link:

And here is a few pics we just had to put on here:

045-1.jpg

From left to right: Chris, Megan, Ezra, Haley, Drummer from Vampire Weekends opening band White Williams, and Chris.

7-1.jpg

Ezra<333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG! I'm so excited for you guys! You met them! You got a picture! AHHHHHH!

It all sounds so perfect. I'm so pleased for you!

I saw them at Pemberton Festival and they were AMAZING. They totally blew me away...but the thing with mainline festivals is that you stand zero chance of meeting the musicians...:thumbdown:

However, I was up front so I managed to meet eyes with Chris and the bassist (this is embarassing, I forget his name) a couple of times...:wub2:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG! I'm so excited for you guys! You met them! You got a picture! AHHHHHH!

It all sounds so perfect. I'm so pleased for you!

I saw them at Pemberton Festival and they were AMAZING. They totally blew me away...but the thing with mainline festivals is that you stand zero chance of meeting the musicians...:thumbdown:

However, I was up front so I managed to meet eyes with Chris and the bassist (this is embarassing, I forget his name) a couple of times...:wub2:

OMG, we were so nervous but we just walked up to them and said hi. We remember walking up to Ezra and saying hi and that they were awesome. Thank goodness we walked to the back, we might of not of gotten the chance to meet them. We thought that was major fun when Chris (bassist) saw us earlier. We were like in our minds::wub2::wub2:

Anyone going to the Terminal 5 gig in NYC December 3rd? I am :punk: My boyfriend is obsessed about them!!!! So it will be my second gig at Terminal 5 this year :wink2:

That would be fun to go to. We've never been to New York. In October, this will be our second time at The Pageant in St. Louis. We're going to see The Kooks. Which will be awesome. We wish Mika would play there.

OMG, we were so nervous but we just walked up to them and said hi. We remember walking up to Ezra and saying hi and that they were awesome. Thank goodness we walked to the back, we might of not of gotten the chance to meet them. We thought that was major fun when Chris (bassist) saw us earlier. We were like in our minds::wub2::wub2:

That would be fun to go to. We've never been to New York. In October, this will be our second time at The Pageant in St. Louis. We're going to see The Kooks. Which will be awesome. We wish Mika would play there.

Awwww:naughty:

So there are two Chrises? Jeez, that's confusing...:blink:

Did I mention Chris Tomson and I are engaged?

Which one's he? :naughty: