The Australian Thread: Part Thirteen

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!! On Friday night I was in JB Hi-Fi and I asked them to check to see if they had a release date for Relax yet. Not only was the answer "NO", but the guy tried to say that he didn't think Mika was going to be releasing anything more here off LICM. "Isn't it time for a new album?" he says. "Yes, he's currently working on it!" says I. Much easier to come here and find out what's happening....

Much easier..

Weely! And there was me thinking I was safe if I stayed out of the Oldlings!

As long as weealx has access to a keyboard, nobody is safe.

Hello beautiful people!!! :)

*puts on strange accent*

Heellllllllo goooorrrgggggeous!!!!!! :biggrin2:

Evening all. Was just watching Rove, cos Michael Buble was on... And about a year ago it was Mika... *sigh*

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!! On Friday night I was in JB Hi-Fi and I asked them to check to see if they had a release date for Relax yet. Not only was the answer "NO", but the guy tried to say that he didn't think Mika was going to be releasing anything more here off LICM. "Isn't it time for a new album?" he says. "Yes, he's currently working on it!" says I. Much easier to come here and find out what's happening....

Rove was good tonight, the Hamish & Andy ghosting thing was hilarious. V. sad that Mika hasn't been in AUS since this time last year.

I don't read the Aussie thread too regularly **apologies**, so sorry if I'm repeating conversations... but is anyone from AUS heading to the Paris concert next month, or to any of the other European concerts?

I've come very close to just buying flights and going over (by myself, my friends think I've lost the plot over my Mika obsession), based on there always being a way to get a hold of tickets to anything, provided you have the cash. Was hoping to get some travel tips or find someone I could catch up with over there.

B.

I don't read the Aussie thread too regularly **apologies**, so sorry if I'm repeating conversations... but is anyone from AUS heading to the Paris concert next month, or to any of the other European concerts?

I've come very close to just buying flights and going over (by myself, my friends think I've lost the plot over my Mika obsession), based on there always being a way to get a hold of tickets to anything, provided you have the cash. Was hoping to get some travel tips or find someone I could catch up with over there.

B.

Heya

I'm not going over to any of them. And I'm not sure of anyone else doing it.

But if you do it would be nice to hear all about it :thumb_yello:

B.

Not going over myself... But if you are thinking about it, have you tried checking out the gig threads?

Evening all. Was just watching Rove, cos Michael Buble was on... And about a year ago it was Mika... *sigh*

How could you not feel safe with me around, always me that matron sends out to look for those that stray, last time they all moved while I was away and did not tell me where they were going

Not going over myself... But if you are thinking about it, have you tried checking out the gig threads?

Yeah I checked out the gig threads, there are a few tickets available...hmmm - do I spend all of my money to go to the other side of the world for a Mika concert. I think so!

Happy Queens Birthday for all of you off work tomorrow...

I've finishd my work experience week in the Aussie Embassy, it's been such an amazing experience! They have a new paper shrederghhh!:punk:

The ambassador is lovely too:wub2:

And you??

Awww!! Did you ask them about getting some casual work there somehow?

That would be amazing!

Oh, tell me more about the ambassador? :das:

I'm good.. I've been knitting :lol3: .. with wool :naughty:

B.

Here is some stuff I learnt while working at the Australian Embassy-you've maybe seen these advisories but I think they're pretty interesting:cool:

Myself and some other MFCers are going on the 10th July in Lisbon, Portugal to see Mika at a festival- the tickets are 40€, that's 65.53 AUD.:thumb_yello:

Hope I helped

M

Awww!! Did you ask them about getting some casual work there somehow?

That would be amazing!

Oh, tell me more about the ambassador? :das:

I'm good.. I've been knitting :lol3: .. with wool :naughty:

Knitter!:naughty:

Here you are http://www.dfat.gov.au/homs/pt.html

I have talked to them about it, they said maybe in the holidays:bleh:

I love that sort of work

What are you making with your wool?

I love that sort of work

with the wool making new sheep, what else can you do with it.

A warm welcome to all those living on the underside of the planet

:doh: It's taken you this long to realise?

Rove was good tonight, the Hamish & Andy ghosting thing was hilarious. V. sad that Mika hasn't been in AUS since this time last year.

:tears:I'm so bad at TV watching, I love Rove, but I haven't seen it at least all this year.

B.

No, I don't think any Aussies are going. I considered going to Amsterdam, but I'm going to Costa Rica with my friends now instead :P

I guess if you want to go, you should definately head over to the gig threads and start making friends with people that will be there :wink2: Especially other people that are coming in internationally because you could stay and sightsee togetehr and stuff.

Another option, but I don't know how your money situation is, would be to watch heart broken as the Europeans get their glory and save your money for a group stalk following Mika around Australia :das: But who knows how long that'll be :thumbdown:

sorry folks, I'm not really here tonight. Watching Trinny and Susannah and it's a bit absorbing.

:lmfao:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KKxBuixwmNc

just because I like this version, after all it is my daughter

Oooh! She's really good! And I clicked on one of the other ones, and so far the two songs she's sung are the two songs I am trying (was trying at least :P) to learn on keyboard :shocked:

I've finished my work experience week in the Aussie Embassy, it's been such an amazing experience! They have a new paper shrederghhh!

The ambassador is lovely too

I suppose is was quite interesting then, what with the new paper shredder being such a highlight?

I love that sort of work

Oh very nice.. :das:

I'm making a scarf. But it isn't just any scarf..

I see if I can find a pic.

with the wool making new sheep, what else can you do with it.

A warm welcome to all those living on the underside of the planet

:naughty:

Hello to you too.