What makes the world go around?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love, love, love, honey. :wub2
You must be in love Babs:naughty:

Oh how sad would someone be to say it's money.
I agree, it's sad:thumbdown:

I don't think just one thing makes the "world go 'round." And I certainly wouldn't say it's sex or money.
Is it Mika?:bleh:

Literally speaking?
Not exactly. I meant what keeps people happy. Or you can use this next answer:naughty:...
Gravity :punk

I'd say music, ahaha, uhmmm i don't really know...i never think about this stuff...

Or "What makes MY world go around?"

Probably the desire of being a better person everyday!

That's so nice:wub2:

hmm..probably friendship, trust, and love..:naught

and mika!

That would make the world such an amazing place:wub2:

You must be in love Babs:naughty:

I'm not but it's just a conclusion I have arrived at, lots of other things help of course, but if you don't have love, you don't have anything.

And I don't necessarily mean romantic love, I mean love for family, friends, animals, people you don't even know, the world around you and yourself, the last one being the hardest to acheive in my experience.

One of my favourite songs

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2ulU08Se7Qs

I'm not but it's just a conclusion I have arrived at, lots of other things help of course, but if you don't have love, you don't have anything.

And I don't necessarily mean romantic love, I mean love for family, friends, animals, people you don't even know, the world around you and yourself, the last one being the hardest to acheive in my experience.

And I love when you let this sweet side of your apple peek out....:wub2:

Can I please add friendship as another component which make the world go around a little smother!:thumb_yello:

I know this is cheezy, but I like it and it has some truths in there.

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery.

But let not this blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection.

Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.

But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.

Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be.

And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

I think I agree with it all except the highlighted bit, of course.:wink2:

I saw this and logged in just for you...what the **** is wrong with you TODAY??!! May I offer you a tea or a stoli on the rocks?:naughty: Are you being nostalgic of that thing that never really exist or something?that thing called

LOVE...

romantic love is a concept as you may have noticed, family is different, there is a quote from a french actor who killed himself long ago because...whatever, the quote is: family is the beginning of racism. period. animals...well, take a dog, he is pure dependance, his happiness or sadness will depend only from you, he will be your perfect replica, he will sleep at your feet, this is not love. now take a cat, the opposite, you will love him because he is not dependant from you, this again is related to yourself only, this is not love either. friends...this four letter word, right? what do friends want? to be entertained by you (in a way or another)...what i see from the boat im in is that sex and money make the world go round..and these days also "being famous" anyway i believe in universal love, kindness and solidarity towards people we dont know of course, its so much easier.

we have many facilities nowadays and as you said many other things actually help like...wait let me think...oh yes money and sex

look i shouldnt be here, this is not really sane or normal or anything, i could be with a friend right now, instead, but im not...im here , and so are billions of people on billions of forums at this very moment and what for and why? we all know the answer.

there is no love, there is fun and and sex and im personally very VERY bored of both of them:partytime2:

I saw this and logged in just for you...what the **** is wrong with you TODAY??!! May I offer you a tea or a stoli on the rocks?:naughty: Are you being nostalgic of that thing that never really exist or something?that thing called

LOVE...

I'll take the stoli. Let me wallow.

Take away that nasty cyincal man's words, please, take them away.:tears: