Photography!

Wow! These are fantastic! I like the portraits:punk: I think my favorite is the girl with the umbrella:naughty: or the girl with the big flower:thumb_yello: So what do you plan to do after graduation?

Thanks!! Those were a couple of my favorites. The umbrella one was fun because I got to stand there and squirt her with a water bottle for a while and the flower one was just fun in general. Her and her husband are apart because he's training for war so she wants to send the photos to him as a surprise. :tears:

I'm not quite sure yet. People wouldn't hire me yet because I still had a month to go for graduation... welllll graduation is now five days away! :boing: Right now I'm applying for jobs in Florida and keeping my fingers crossed that I get one and it pays enough to pay the bills. :)

IMG_0123.jpg

Love this one!

I really want to get this camera, but apparently you can't zoom in while filming a video...

should I get it?

My camera isn't really great at zooming while taking video either. I can zoom it but it gets all blurry and if I start the video zoomed in I can't zoom out. The joys of point and shoots.

I really want to get this camera, but apparently you can't zoom in while filming a video...

should I get it?

Well, they said I couldn't zoom in with camera either (ok, 4x digital wich is nothing + bad quality) and uh .. have you seen my Amsterdam (en Brussel) videos of Mika? I wasn't sitting on his lap (I wish :teehee:) :roftl:

So I can zoom with it, 12x optical .. And it's a Canon too ..

But I have to say that your camera has not much optical zoom, you you'll never get to zoom in that far .. but I think it should be possible to have that optical zoom too in your videos .. as it works with mine too (without people from the store knowing it :roftl:).

Only downsize is when I zoom in, I can't zoom out anymore .. But ah well, if that's the only problem.. :teehee:

Well, they said I couldn't zoom in with camera either (ok, 4x digital wich is nothing + bad quality) and uh .. have you seen my Amsterdam (en Brussel) videos of Mika? I wasn't sitting on his lap (I wish :teehee:) :roftl:

So I can zoom with it, 12x optical .. And it's a Canon too ..

But I have to say that your camera has not much optical zoom, you you'll never get to zoom in that far .. but I think it should be possible to have that optical zoom too in your videos .. as it works with mine too (without people from the store knowing it :roftl:).

Only downsize is when I zoom in, I can't zoom out anymore .. But ah well, if that's the only problem.. :teehee:

:lol3:

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that in one of the report threads.

Gah, I don't know if I should get it :aah:

I guess I'll keep looking around :naughty:

Thanks

:lol3:

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that in one of the report threads.

Gah, I don't know if I should get it :aah:

I guess I'll keep looking around :naughty:

Thanks

:roftl: That's right, because on some videos Mika gets REALLY close .. and that wasn't really my intention :teehee::roftl:

Good luck with it :wink2:

Soooo.....

GRAD.jpg

It's now as official as it gets. I'm a professional photographer now. :biggrin2:

It was such an insane day. We thought we were going to be rained out. Instead it misted and it was nice and refreshing until the sun came out a couple of times and fried us. There was 1200 expected to show up for just 195 of us graduating. Tons and tons of people, there was either one or two live bands going, food and of course a bunch of happy people. :naughty:

Congrats!!!! :groupwave:

And your portfolio looks amazing! :thumb_yello:

Thanks!!!! :boing: It was tons of work and 1400 hours clocked hours of class plus extra for shooting and all the other stuff. I can't believe that it's all over!

At the ceremony we even had 3 nifty ice sculptures

ice-1.jpg

Thanks!!!! :boing: It was tons of work and 1400 hours clocked hours of class plus extra for shooting and all the other stuff. I can't believe that it's all over!

At the ceremony we even had 3 nifty ice sculptures

ice-1.jpg

You're welcome!

Yeah, it's a wonderful feeling, finishing everything and seeing that all the work is recognized! :wub2:

Nice sculpture! :thumb_yello:

You're welcome!

Yeah, it's a wonderful feeling, finishing everything and seeing that all the work is recognized! :wub2:

Nice sculpture! :thumb_yello:

Definitely feels good. Graduating hasn't fully sunk in yet though, but it will at some point this week when I'm not rushing off to school. :naughty:

It's funny how the biggest events of your life just seem like a blur after.

• 2 weeks later...
Thats a really cool angle:biggrin2:

what building is this? something with Mtv...like a studio?

Thanks! :)

It's called The Masonic Temple. The Rolling Stones used to rehearse there. It does have to do with MTV (wonder why anyone would think that :mf_rosetinted:) -- it's now the home of MTV Canada.

Thanks! :)

It's called The Masonic Temple. The Rolling Stones used to rehearse there. It does have to do with MTV (wonder why anyone would think that :mf_rosetinted:) -- it's now the home of MTV Canada.

You're welcome :D

thats really cool :biggrin2:

Mtv is pretty cool, except now there is alot of weird shows :blink: I wish they would just play music videos all the time again...

You're welcome :D

thats really cool :biggrin2:

Mtv is pretty cool, except now there is alot of weird shows :blink: I wish they would just play music videos all the time again...

We have Much Music/ Much More Music for that. :naughty: We get (pretty much) the same shows as you do. That is for things like MTV Live, mainly. And for The Aftershow...stuff like that.

Hey guys

haven't checked this thread in a while..

anyone have new photos?

I have about 3billion ideas bouncing around my head right now for photos that go along with the songs of sorrow ep..I want to make a book of them, like the illustration book but with photos. Usually I can picture someone in the photos as a model but I just can't find the right person..I'll let you know when I do!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jackiejay