unique names or names u hate!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently I'm the only person here who dislikes the name 'Mika'.

Hm...

Well, I don't know, how it's in other countries, but in Lithuania all names, that finishes with "-a", is feminine. There isn't not even ONE male name, that finishes with "-a".

So, in Lithuania Mika is a girl.

And it's funny.

Hm...

Well, I don't know, how it's in other countries, but in Lithuania all names, that finishes with "-a", is feminine. There isn't not even ONE male name, that finishes with "-a".

So, in Lithuania Mika is a girl.

And it's funny.

There's boys names that end in -a in the states. I can't think of any off the top of my head, though.:tears:

But like... I just don't like the sound of the name. It sounds like a cartoon character, or a little kid's show.

"I'M JIFFY, AND WELCOME TO MIKA'S MAGICAL LEARNING HOUR!"

There's boys names that end in -a in the states. I can't think of any off the top of my head, though.:tears:

But like... I just don't like the sound of the name. It sounds like a cartoon character, or a little kid's show.

"I'M JIFFY, AND WELCOME TO MIKA'S MAGICAL LEARNING HOUR!"

Oh gosh... :lmfao:

Sorry, but that is funny... :lmfao:

I know a Jo King and a Dwain Pipes

I've heard of a Wayne Kerr... and a Wayne King... :lmfao:

My favorite girl names are:

Adelaide, Aaralyn, Sophie, Elyse, Rose, Ada, and Cadence.

My favorite boy names are:

Aidan, Paul, Gabe, Elijah, Ethan, and Bradyn.

My least favorite girl names are:

Agnes, Ashley, Chloe, Zoe, Brianna, Olivia, and Katie.

My least favorite boy names are:

Chris, Jim, Alexander, Logan, Doug, Benjamin, and Thomas.

My nephew's name is Ethan... he almost got called Caleb...

And my sister's name is Zoe...

Hah, better than Nicole Kiddman's Sunday Roast! :D

Hee... poor kid... but at least there's a reason why they chose it...

Sunday was the name of an artist's muse... I believe it was Sidney Nolan...

Ah, there are also names I do like!

If I have kids later, I'll call them:

(if it's a boy) Enrico, Milo, Mika, Menno, Collin, Lars, Giel, Just, Juan, Emre, or Levi.

(if it's a girl) Tess, Mirren, Robin, Noa, or Luna.

Jeez, I hope I get a boy, more names to choose. :naughty:

I remember a boy who was the year below me at school, and his name was Levi... he was really good looking too! :das:

I never used to like my name, I actually wished my name was Elizabeth when I was about 6, because Tegan isn't very girly... I like it now though... it's very different, and I was named after a character on a Sci Fi show (there was a woman on an English show called Doctor Who)...

I like the names Caleb, Elijah, Isaac, Levi and Jordan for boys... I like Taylor and Lene for girls (even though I can't use Taylor cause I know someone with that name)... I'm not sure what else I like...

*looks for online name site*

EDIT: I think most of those boys names I like are from the Bible...

I got a few more...

Alexis, Imogen, Guinevere, Kendra, B'Elanna or Skye for girls...

B'Elanna is actually the name of the Klingon on Star Trek: Voyager! :naughty: And is also apparently Australian in origin :blink:...

Alastair, Ewan, Mackenzie, Riley, Callum, Fraser or Hamish for a boy...

My name is a unisex name!!! :shocked: Apparently Teagan is the masculine form of my name... and Tegwen and Tegen are the female forms...

Meaning:

Little poet. Derived from Gaelic tadhg ‘poet’ and a diminutive suffix.

Origin: Irish

I love my name, although it's long and hyphenated. Most people can't pronounce it and when I was younger this frustrated me a lot. It no longer bothers me at all, but when I introduce myself to someone I always use the first part of my name which is Tawna.

My name is a unisex name!!! :shocked: Apparently Teagan is the masculine form of my name... and Tegwen and Tegen are the female forms...

Meaning:

Little poet. Derived from Gaelic tadhg ‘poet’ and a diminutive suffix.

Origin: Irish

Tegan from Tegan & Sara. :wink2:

I guess my name is kina unique, Danika. Haven't met anyone with the same name, and won't be very happy if I do :naughty:

Danica Patrick. Pronounced the same, though.:naughty:

DanicaPatrick.jpg

It all makes sense now. Raccoons attract other raccoons.

Holy crap, I never thought of that.

I swear though, Mika DOES mean 'Raccoon' in Native American... it really does.

Oh so not only a raccoon, but an intelligent one at that...meaning it won't run out in front of my car while I'm taking the back roads to get home late one night?

It'll be looking at cloth swatches and designing a tire-proof vest.:punk:

It's actually HUbert H. Humphrey...but I won't hold it against you. :)

He was Johnson's VP and was almost president, but Nixon beat him.

:doh: actually i did have HUbert originally but it looked wierd so i changed it:bleh:

haha that's who he is, political books bore me to death so the only thing that stuck was that name!:naughty:

Kees, Henk, Piet, Klaas, Annie, Harm, Berta, enz. :naughty:

There aren't any names that I would really hate but if there is one name that makes me kind of sick then that's Berta.:puke: Probably cause that's my grandma's name and we don't get along at all.

I love the name Amari, which is fairly unique. I want to name my first daughter Amari Tianna.

Tianna is cute. My cousin is named Tianna, she'll be 3 years old, and she watches french cartoons only so she speaks some sort of mix of slovenian and french. It's so funny.:naughty: Sorry for OT.

OK about my name- I guess it's one of the most common names in the world- Ana. But I like it. It's simple and it doesn't sound bad.

But I don't like how people in our conutry give totally foreign names to their children, 'cause it sounds really strange and awkward.:blink:But those 'exotic' names are super popular right now so lots of kids have really bizzare names.

Names I like for boys are Luka, Martin, Žiga (to me this is the most beautiful slovenian name for a boy) or Raul. Girls names I like- Lilly, Hannah,...