big girl lyrics confusion

Never seen that review before!

Not nice at all.

But i have to say that in all the times I have sen him live I have never heard that lyric as anything other than "They'll be calling you baby".

Where as Lollipop he quite clearly sings whore instead of bore when live. He's refered to it in an interview somewhere I'm sure.

But I've never heard him talk about that lyric in Big Girl. Perhaps the reviewer made a mistake? The alt lyrics don't even make any sense.

*shrugs*

Something to ask Mika when we next see him perhaps?

I'm not a native speaker, and to me it could be both. I mean, on the DVD it sounds like "calling you baby". But I've also got a stem (?), a sample used for a remix of biggirl, and that one sounds like "gonna do baby" :blink:

If someone is gonna ask Mika about it one day, she or he should write it down. Everyone seems to forget their urgent questions when they meet Mika. :naughty:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend hears it as 'gonna do baby' as well.

She calls it proof Mika is gay - 'Big boys, come on round, and there we're gonna do baby'

I tried to tell her it was 'they'll be calling you baby' but she dosen't hear it like that!

Its like Rihanna - Please don't Stop The Music, I thought it was Hazel's got the music!

This "gonna do baby" or "calling you baby" is really confusing, but if you listen carefully he says calling with a hard G and I think that can explain the mishearing.

Most of the times when English native people say words like calling you can't hear the G.

But this is just me gessing I'm not a native English speaker!:naughty: