Top Posters In This Topic

Walks into the room

Feels like a big balloon I said: "hey girl, you are beautiful"

Diet coke and a pizza please, diet coke I'm on my knees, screaming:

"BIG GIRL, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!"

You take your skinny girl I feel like I'm gonna die cos a

real woman needs a real man, here's why:

You take your girl, and multiply her by four

Now a whole lotta woman needs a whole lot more!

Get yourself to the Butterfly lounge

Find yourself a big lady

Big boy come on round, and they'll be calling you baby

No need to fantasise since I was in my braces ***

A watering hole with the girls around and curves in all the right places

Big Girl, you are beautiful...

***I don't actually know if this is what he says, cos it doesn't seem to make sense to me, but that's what I hear. I believe this could be the bit you are confused on.

Walks into the room

Feels like a big balloon I said: "hey girl, you are beautiful"

Diet coke and a pizza please, diet coke I'm on my knees, screaming:

"BIG GIRL, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!"

You take your skinny girl I feel like I'm gonna die cos a

real woman needs a real man, here's why:

You take your girl, and multiply her by four

Now a whole lotta woman needs a whole lot more!

Get yourself to the Butterfly lounge

Find yourself a big lady

Big boy come on round, and they'll be calling you baby

No need to fantasise since I was in my braces ***

A watering hole with the girls around and curves in all the right places

Big Girl, you are beautiful...

***I don't actually know if this is what he says, cos it doesn't seem to make sense to me, but that's what I hear. I believe this could be the bit you are confused on.

no need to fantasize

since the words are my praises*

a watering hole with the girls around

and curves in all the right places

*does it make sense now?:wink2:http://www.metrolyrics.com/big-girl-you-are-beautiful-lyrics-mika.html

no need to fantasize

since the words are my praises*

a watering hole with the girls around

and curves in all the right places

*does it make sense now?:wink2:http://www.metrolyrics.com/big-girl-you-are-beautiful-lyrics-mika.html

kind of, but Mika always pings his braces whenever he sang that line, so i always thought it had "braces" in it lol

that bit always confused me... but I really think its braces, since he "adjusts" his braces in the video...though at first I thought he meant braces, as in teeth braces(since he was a teen maybe?!?!):naughty:

and you know the part he says it means, "They'll be calling you baby"....I really think it sounds like"there we're gonna do baby"....I really think it sounds like that...anyone else??

sorry, had to get all that out:naughty:

kind of, but Mika always pings his braces whenever he sang that line, so i always thought it had "braces" in it lol

yeah that's what i thought before

actually i still think it's "braces", i can swear i hear braces when he sings:naughty:

that bit always confused me... but I really think its braces, since he "adjusts" his braces in the video...though at first I thought he meant braces, as in teeth braces(since he was a teen maybe?!?!):naughty:

and you know the part he says it means, "They'll be calling you baby"....I really think it sounds like"there we're gonna do baby"....I really think it sounds like that...anyone else??

it's already "there we're gonna do baby":blink:

check it here:http://www.metrolyrics.com/big-girl-you-are-beautiful-lyrics-mika.html

I think it's braces too..

and i exactly hear it that way too 'and there we gonna do baby' :roftl:

it's already "there we're gonna do baby"

check it here:http://www.metrolyrics.com/big-girl-you-are-beautiful-lyrics-mika.html

phew, so this is the lyrics...I get confused when Mika says in interviews, they'll be calling you baby....where'd he get that from?! maybe he just keeps it clean sometimes:boxed::naughty:

*Shoots herself for Being an idiot*

you're not an idiot, but that was a really funny mistake:lmao:

I think it's braces too..

and i exactly hear it that way too 'and there we gonna do baby' :roftl:

:thumb_yello:

:doh:

girl dresses like *a kid for fun*

clear now?:thumb_yello:

phew, so this is the lyrics...I get confused when Mika says in interviews, they'll be calling you baby....where'd he get that from?! maybe he just keeps it clean sometimes:boxed::naughty:

:

:insane:

i'm really confused now:roftl:

clear now?:thumb_yello:

:insane:

i'm really confused now:roftl:

sorry, If I've made you more confused its only in interviews he says "calling you baby" but in the song it really sounds like "gonna do baby"....:das::naughty:

my conclusion is that he keeps it clean when he has to talk about it....(I'm guessing:naughty:)

First off the Big Girl Lyrics are:

Get Yourself to the Butterfly Lounge

Find yourself a Big Lady

Big boy come on round

and they'll be calling you 'baby'

No need to fantasies

Since I was in my braces

Of a watering hole where the girls are round

And curves in all the right places.

(from the lyric book tha came with the Japanese edition of LICM)

Love Today:

Girl dresses like a kid for fun

Licks her lips like their something other

Tries to tell you life has just begun

Now you she's getting something other

Than the love from her mother!

That help?

First off the Big Girl Lyrics are:

Get Yourself to the Butterfly Lounge

Find yourself a Big Lady

Big boy come on round

and they'll be calling you 'baby'

No need to fantasies

Since I was in my braces

Of a watering hole where the girls are round

And curves in all the right places.

(from the lyric book tha came with the Japanese edition of LICM)

Love Today:

Girl dresses like a kid for fun

Licks her lips like their something other

Tries to tell you life has just begun

Now you she's getting something other

Than the love from her mother!

That help?

I see.....why does this confuse me more.....

I mean it really doesn't sound like "calling you baby" in the song...yet thats what he says it is, and if its in the Japanese edition, it must be the real lyrics...but it just doesn't sound like that at all in the song...(I think anyway)maybe I'm just hearing things....:boxed:

and yeah the last part makes sense:)

it does sound like that, but Mika himself said the lyrics in an Australian interview, and it definitely is "and they'll be calling you baby" :thumb_yello:

That braces thing makes sense. I asked my mother about it once, and she had exactly the same theory.

it does sound like that, but Mika himself said the lyrics in an Australian interview, and it definitely is "and they'll be calling you baby" :thumb_yello:

Isn't this just like the bore/whore thing in the lyrics of Lollipop? The official lyrics are different from what he really sings?

In a review of the album I read somewhere the reviewer was mocking about what he/she described as childish language used in some lyrics, and he/she quoted the "gonna do baby" as a metaphor for having sex.

edit: for those of you who want to read the review http://arts.guardian.co.uk/filmandmusic/story/0,,2003455,00.html (it's not nice)

Isn't this just like the bore/whore thing in the lyrics of Lollipop? The official lyrics are different from what he really sings?

In a review of the album I read somewhere the reviewer was mocking about what he/she described as childish language used in some lyrics, and he/she quoted the "gonna do baby" as a metaphor for having sex.

edit: for those of you who want to read the review http://arts.guardian.co.uk/filmandmusic/story/0,,2003455,00.html (it's not nice)

I remember that review. Hmmpff:sneaky2:

That's just not a review anymore!

Never seen that review before!

Not nice at all.

But i have to say that in all the times I have sen him live I have never heard that lyric as anything other than "They'll be calling you baby".

Where as Lollipop he quite clearly sings whore instead of bore when live. He's refered to it in an interview somewhere I'm sure.

But I've never heard him talk about that lyric in Big Girl. Perhaps the reviewer made a mistake? The alt lyrics don't even make any sense.

*shrugs*

Something to ask Mika when we next see him perhaps?