Love Today promotes Green Planet/Mika vs. Jeff Corwin

mgpm

I saw an advert today on television, promoting the new tv network, Green Planet. "Love Today" was the song used throughout the whole ad.

I think Animal Planet is the one launching this network, as I was at an Animal Planet event a few days ago and they were handing out bags with the logo on.

As an aside, Jeff Corwin was there signing autographs. He was nice....but I have been VERY spoiled by speaking to OUR BOY. I stood in rain to get to meet him and I got a smile, a photo, and an autograph. I tried to tell him how much we enjoyed his show, but he never really looked me in the eye. It was sign, pose, smile...NEXT. I know there was a HUGE line of people (we were near the front of the line, maybe the sixth group he met that day). It wasn't as if he was tired out from meeting people. He wasn't rude, but he was not ENGAGED. When you meet Mika, he looks at you, talks to you, it's like there's nothing else going on. He focuses on who he is talking with. He puts you at ease with his manner and it's truely touching how sincere he is.

I left Jeff Corwin thinking, "He's certainly no MIKA."

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:punk:i saw this ad yesterday and flipped out! mika's awsome:wub2: my first unplanned t.v. mika experience!

( i saw him on the GMA, brit awards and graham norton show, but those don't count cuz i recorded them:naughty:)

not a silly question. I don't know why I put it here....I guess I thought since it was a Mika song promoting something on tv I'd put it here. But MODS feel free to relocate it to wherever you think is more appropriate!

Erm... may I ask why this is on the front page? :lmao:

I totally thought it was all about Mika and overread that it's actually about somebody else. So I went: 'what he didn't look her in the eyes? No chat? WTF?' :naughty:

I forgot...I don't know if those of you in other countries get Animal Planet or Jeff Corwin. For those of you who don't...Jeff Corwin is a naturalist along the lines of Steve Irwin. He goes out in the wild and shows his audiences creatures living there. He has a quite an element of humor to his show, and he isn't quite as "out there" as Steve was. On his show he comes across as funny and caring. He's pretty cute too.

here's a link

http://animal.discovery.com/fansites/jeffcorwin/jeffcorwin.html

I just watched the video on YouTube and left a comment. Basically I said that Mika's music may not be on American radio, but it's finding it's way onto TV shows and into the movies, so he WILL conquer America! I'm really thrilled. So many people will see the promotion and hear Mika singing Love Today! Awesome!!!!!!!

I saw an advert today on television, promoting the new tv network, Green Planet. "Love Today" was the song used throughout the whole ad.

I think Animal Planet is the one launching this network, as I was at an Animal Planet event a few days ago and they were handing out bags with the logo on.

As an aside, Jeff Corwin was there signing autographs. He was nice....but I have been VERY spoiled by speaking to OUR BOY. I stood in rain to get to meet him and I got a smile, a photo, and an autograph. I tried to tell him how much we enjoyed his show, but he never really looked me in the eye. It was sign, pose, smile...NEXT. I know there was a HUGE line of people (we were near the front of the line, maybe the sixth group he met that day). It wasn't as if he was tired out from meeting people. He wasn't rude, but he was not ENGAGED. When you meet Mika, he looks at you, talks to you, it's like there's nothing else going on. He focuses on who he is talking with. He puts you at ease with his manner and it's truely touching how sincere he is.

I left Jeff Corwin thinking, "He's certainly no MIKA."

Tks for the info and for sharing yr experience! That's one of the reasons why we all love Mika! :wub2:

I know what you mean! I was looking in the mirror (it's a huge 3 way one in my parent's bathroom) and I all of a sudden heard "Love Today". I like freaked out and started dancing! It was an instant reaction. :D I was like, OMG! Mika is on TV!!! I was so happy. lol! :)