YouTube Copyright?

CazGirl

Ho-kay, so everyone on here pretty much knows about my competition entry, yes?

Good.

Well, the crap quality one recieved THIS:

UMG has claimed some or all audio content in your video Mika Myspace Competition Entry. This claim was made as part of the YouTube Content Identification program.

Your video is still live because UMG has authorized the use of this content on YouTube. As long as UMG has a claim on your video, they will receive public statistics about your video, such as number of views. Viewers may also see advertising on your video's page.

Claim Details:

Copyright owner: UMG

Content claimed: Some or all of the audio content

Policy: Allow this content to remain on YouTube.

* Place advertisements on this video's watch page.

Applies to these locations:

Everywhere

UMG claimed this content as a part of the YouTube Content Identification program. YouTube allows partners to review YouTube videos for content to which they own the rights. Partners may use our automated video / audio matching system to identify their content, or they may manually review videos.

You have the following options:

Do Nothing

Your video will continue to play uninterrupted everywhere.

Dispute Claim

If you believe that this claim was made in error, or that you are otherwise authorized to use the content at issue, you can dispute this claim with UMG. You will be guided through a web-based form, and your dispute will be passed to them for review.

Please note that if you protest the claim made against your video, we will make your video available for view to the alleged rights owner. This is necessary for the rights owner to review the dispute, and will happen regardless of the privacy settings you placed on your video. If your video is private and you are not willing to allow the alleged rights owner to view it, we unfortunately cannot accept a claim dispute. However, if your video is private, this will be clearly notified to the rights owner at the time of viewing your video and they are required to respect the privacy and confidentiality of your video.

For more information on this process, please see the Video ID Disputes section in our Help Center.

Please also take a few minutes to visit our Help Center section on Policy and Copyright Guidelines, where you can learn more about copyright laws and our Video Identification Service.

UMG? Who's UMG??? The audio belongs to Mika, yes, but Mika himself has seen my flippin' video. Who are these UMG people? I mean, I don't care so long as my video stays up cos i have NO IDEA where the disk is, but I'm just like....huh???

:boxed:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UMG - Universal Music Group.

You have a Mika song playing in your video, right?

There's a new technology out there - basically what happens is that computers can analyze videos on YouTube looking for specific audio tracks, spitting out a list of all the videos which contain audio that matches whatever specific songs they were looking for.

I think what's happened is that Universal is probably using this technology to trawl YouTube looking for videos that contain copyrighted songs.

It sounds like Universal, rather than issuing a kill order on all copyrighted content, is instead waking up the reality of technology in 2008 and instead collecting viewership statistics.

By the sounds of it, they'll let you keep your video up, as long as you let them access these statistics, and possibly even put ads up when people watch your video.

Interesting.

UMG - Universal Music Group.

You have a Mika song playing in your video, right?

There's a new technology out there - basically what happens is that computers can analyze videos on YouTube looking for specific audio tracks, spitting out a list of all the videos which contain audio that matches whatever specific songs they were looking for.

I think what's happened is that Universal is probably using this technology to trawl YouTube looking for videos that contain copyrighted songs.

It sounds like Universal, rather than issuing a kill order on all copyrighted content, is instead waking up the reality of technology in 2008 and instead collecting viewership statistics.

By the sounds of it, they'll let you keep your video up, as long as you let them access these statistics, and possibly even put ads up when people watch your video.

Interesting.

so long as they keep my video up and don't delete my account, i couldn't give a monkeys lmao!!!! i have no idea where the disk is for that video, i haven't seen it since I uploaded it last year :boxed: and there are Mika videos from shepherds bush last year that I have deleted from my camera, and so youtube is the only place when i can watch them :tears:

so, this is actually, kinda, gonna HELP my video? they could have at leats done it on the higher quality ones! fools!