Oldlings Part 20

Laurel

Congratulations Ruth - not easy to do well when you are being watched!! :thumb_yello:

Thanks. I really struggle when I'm being watched. But my 'line manager' is nice and unthreatening (I still get in a state) Next year a 'girl' who was my student will be my manager, and she is a very different kettle of fish. (Go-getting springs to mind) And, in today's lesson my most 'needy' child climbed on a cupboard and drummed his heels on the doors. He then slithered onto the floor and rolled around! The other 'problem' ones failed to count 11 counters accurately!

But the worst thing was that the rest of the school were rehearsing for the summer show, on the other side of the door, so the kids kept singing. I decided to smile a lot!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I really struggle when I'm being watched. But my 'line manager' is nice and unthreatening (I still get in a state) Next year a 'girl' who was my student will be my manager, and she is a very different kettle of fish. Go-getting springs to mind) And, in today's lesson my most 'needy' child climbed on a cupboard and drummed his heels on the doors. He then slithered onto the floor and rolled around! The other 'problem' ones failed to count 11 counters accurately!

But the worst thing was that the rest of the school were rehearsing for the summer show, on the other side of the door, so the kids kept singing. I decided to smile a lot!

When in doubt - smile!!! It takes less muscles than frowning :wink2:

I like the "blogs", their hilarious.

I think Mika should pick someone from here each day to help him write them, then they'll be informative and hysterical:roftl:.

I think some of them are funny - but some people just make snide remarks about him and his family and seem very envious of their wealth. You can't choose your parents.

Thanks. I really struggle when I'm being watched. But my 'line manager' is nice and unthreatening (I still get in a state) Next year a 'girl' who was my student will be my manager, and she is a very different kettle of fish. Go-getting springs to mind) And, in today's lesson my most 'needy' child climbed on a cupboard and drummed his heels on the doors. He then slithered onto the floor and rolled around! The other 'problem' ones failed to count 11 counters accurately!

That will be a bit strange:shocked:

Smiling can work wonders:thumb_yello:

Bye Sarah - lovely to see you here again :huglove:

Maybe see you in Paris if Mika's blog ever recovers and

stops freezing - but that would solve the problem of who

wins the tickets - no-one!!! :wink2:

Well, I've registered a few times, so I must be in with a good chance:wink2:

I think some of them are funny - but some people just make snide remarks about him and his family and seem very envious of their wealth. You can't choose your parents.

Have I missed something? :blink: If its the poems, I have not read

anything thats been bad :shocked:

They are clever, as are the poems, as you say. There are a few references to 'in jokes' that I have absolutely no idea about, but they're amusing nonetheless.

Anyway, I'm off to bed....might not be on tomorrow night and then Thursday I'll be packing for Pareee so I might not be back til Saturday...au revoir :bye:

Sarah, don't go till you've corrected the spelling mistake in my quote: they're

Then, off you go and sleep well.

(I blame the wine)

Have I missed something? :blink: If its the poems, I have not read

anything thats been bad :shocked:

Me neither...

(I blame the wine)

Hang on a mo....

They are clever, as are the poems, as you say. There are a few references to 'in jokes' that I have absolutely no idea about, but they're amusing nonetheless.

Anyway, I'm off to bed....might not be on tomorrow night and then Thursday I'll be packing for Pareee so I might not be back til Saturday...au revoir :bye:

Au revoir et bon journee

Bye Sarah - lovely to see you here again :huglove:

Maybe see you in Paris if Mika's blog ever recovers and

stops freezing - but that would solve the problem of who

wins the tickets - no-one!!! :wink2:

Rilo's got a link to the second page of the blog, in the new blog thread, so you can get on it there:wink2:

Night night Sarah, sweet dreams, see you in Paree!!!:wink2:

I hadn't noticed that. More dwelling on cancellations and other disappointments.

Well, I've registered a few times, so I must be in with a good chance:wink2:

I used my work e-mail.

Did you get the activation email back? I did in my yahoo box

but not in the hotmail one :blink:

And yes, I got a reply on the work e-mail. But the Yahoo one that 'they' already had... no, no reply. I guess they just want a longer mailing list.

Hang on a mo....

t.i.a.

(I blame the wine)

Done :thumb_yello:

I got one for my AOL and Gmail accounts, but not Hotmail, but then I had a message from Mikasounds to my Hotmail account today telling me about the new website and the competition etc.... I registered ages ago with that email and that's the first thing that I have ever received.....:blink:

Rilo's got a link to the second page of the blog, in the new blog thread, so you can get on it there:wink2:

Night night Sarah, sweet dreams, see you in Paree!!!:wink2:

Its a shame that person has totally mucked up the first page with

all those **** hearts!!!! :thumbdown:

That's strange I got mine back in my hotmail!:boxed:

Off now Oldlings, catch you tomorrow

871w8ly.jpg

(Little bit of neck there :das:)

Stop teasing me!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Night Silver, sweet dreams:wink2:.

Wendi, I appear to be stalking you:floor:

Back again for awhile... stupidly tried to look at Mika's blog on MySpace... lol

Didn't realise about all those hearts which is why my internet crashed :)