California is a great location for live music. I'm happy I ended up here. All thanks to my dad's job moving us here.

But anyway...yes, you want to avoid the whole post-gig depression (which is the absolute worst)...it's so hard to fix that. We'll be here for you though.:thumb_yello:

And go the VW gig anyways. Why not?:naughty:

yeah musicians would only consider touring Asia when they are big enough in the US/Europe. why do i love foreign music all the time??? :no:

VW & MGMT are good friends. i guess this adds one more reason for you to go to their gig apart from great lives? :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah musicians would only consider touring Asia when they are big enough in the US/Europe. why do i love foreign music all the time??? :no:

VW & MGMT are good friends. i guess this adds one more reason for you to go to their gig apart from great lives? :mf_rosetinted:

Oh, cool, didn't know that! And you know what: they play at the same venue three weeks apart here. So I can first go to VW and say: Hey, guys, if you have a message for MGMT just give it to me, I'll pass it over to Andrew and Ben...:naughty:

:blink: Somehow I like posh guys, or at least such that have visited posh schools: Mika, MGMT, VW... Oh, damn, I seem to be a snob! :roftl:

Bless Ezra :bow:

southeast you should do sth like this too if you meet VM!!! :roftl:

(oh btw how can i call you in a better way?? it sounds a bit awkward now:aah:)

Oh, cool, didn't know that! And you know what: they play at the same venue three weeks apart here. So I can first go to VW and say: Hey, guys, if you have a message for MGMT just give it to me, I'll pass it over to Andrew and Ben...:naughty::blink: Somehow I like posh guys, or at least such that have visited posh schools: Mika, MGMT, VW... Oh, damn, I seem to be a snob! :roftl:

YO! good on you :naughty: actually i ain't sure if they are GOOD friends. (after all, andrew wants bad karma on VM :teehee: ) but i did see them appearing on mag interview together before and they mention each other quite often!

and by posh what do you mean??

i just very often like to think that mika and mgmt share some weird dressing styles :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by huikings

6pvszc.jpg

My opinion is Andrew looks more manly where you can see his forehead .I'm sure he'd look so good if he'd cut his hair :naughty:

And here an article where the congratulations video director is talking about it .

http://creativity-online.com/news/behind-the-work-mgmt-congratulations-video/145557

+1 He has such a nice forehead! I wonder what he would look like with really short hair?

southeast you should do sth like this too if you meet VM!!! :roftl:

(oh btw how can i call you in a better way?? it sounds a bit awkward now:aah:)

and by posh what do you mean??

i just very often like to think that mika and mgmt share some weird dressing styles :mf_rosetinted:

Posh means...yeah, dandy or rich or something like that, because they all went to really good schools.

And you can call me SE on MFC. :mf_rosetinted:

I don't think Mika dresses very weirdly anymore. He walks around like everybody else here in Munich: chinos, chucks, flip flops, white shirt, polo shirts, marine style, dark blue jackets... Unisex boring stuff, I wear those as well :roftl:. Almost no rings or bracelets or necklaces anymore. :dunno:

MGMT dress really weird, esp. Andrew and the guitarist with the long hair... But I like it on Andrew!

Ben is more conservative in his clothes I think.

MGMT dress really weird, esp. Andrew and the guitarist with the long hair... But I like it on Andrew!

Ben is more conservative in his clothes I think.

Hahaha, oh James.

jamesgif.gif

He's the one member of the band I have not personally spoken to yet. He seems like a cool, crazy guy.

And actually, the guys dress pretty normally compared to their early years with the tye-dye and headbands (esp. for Andrew).

I bought their CD yesterday...

ah, you guys introduced me to mgmt.. ive heard the song before but never knew who they were...thank guys! :biggrin2:

im listening to them nowww :aah:

:thumb_yello: Have fun, you two!

Tell us how you like them after you've listened to them! Always good to hear new opinions. :boing:

:thumb_yello: Have fun, you two!

Tell us how you like them after you've listened to them! Always good to hear new opinions. :boing:

I already love the one that's on the music channels with a cartoon video and a chorus like " a family of trees"

I'm just waiting a bit as I always feel unfaithful to Mika when I buy somebody else's music (I waited two months to listen to the new Scissor Sisters album when I bought it!:teehee:)

so much love.:naughty::wub2:

hahaha, that combo is even weirder than Ben and Andrew in an interview.

It almost made me uncomfortable to watch, because Matt is fidgeting all the time and making Andrew kinda nervous...poor interviewer.

It's like Matt is totaly tired and wanting to get some sleep. That's how I am if I miss sleep, keep fidgeting all the time and can't find a comfortable position to sit in.

I already love the one that's on the music channels with a cartoon video and a chorus like " a family of trees"

I'm just waiting a bit as I always feel unfaithful to Mika when I buy somebody else's music (I waited two months to listen to the new Scissor Sisters album when I bought it!:teehee:)

Ahh yes. Kids. Their most popular song. It's a good one, but a lot of their other stuff is a bit better. But maybe I'm just biased.:teehee:

Haha, don't feel unfaithful. You have to have variety sometimes!:thumb_yello:

hahaha, that combo is even weirder than Ben and Andrew in an interview.

It almost made me uncomfortable to watch, because Matt is fidgeting all the time and making Andrew kinda nervous...poor interviewer.

It's like Matt is totaly tired and wanting to get some sleep. That's how I am if I miss sleep, keep fidgeting all the time and can't find a comfortable position to sit in.

I know! It was a little uncomfortable at times. But I thought it was funny when Andrew noticed Matt was trying to put his arm around him a second time and Andrew just looks at him like "what the heck are you doing?" :roftl:

The interviewer tried so hard to keep it all together, but I wish he would have loosened up a bit. I'd have played along with their silliness.

I know! It was a little uncomfortable at times. But I thought it was funny when Andrew noticed Matt was trying to put his arm around him a second time and Andrew just looks at him like "what the heck are you doing?" :roftl:

The interviewer tried so hard to keep it all together, but I wish he would have loosened up a bit. I'd have played along with their silliness.

Yes, exactly! That's what makes the difference btw. a "normal" journalist and a really good one - the good ones can adjust to the situation and play along with their guests and if something's not going the way they expect they just "take a step back" and think "Ok, what's going on here, can I use it to ask a funny question? Is it even better than what I've planned for the interview? Let's try this out" and make some really unexpected interviews... You know what I mean?

I am still wating for that interview to happen.

Ok, Jian Ghomeshi is great at interviewing musicians, prhps because he was/is one himself... :wub2:

Edited by southeast

Andrematt are so cute in that interview :naughty:

Matt looks always tired but he's not it is his normal face .I heard his a true gentleman in real life.

Yes, he seems very nice! A bit crazy and nice!

I like it how you can see at interviews that he and Andrew like each other. In another interview Andrew almost sat on Matt's lap and they both seem ok with it, like it is something totaly normal. :roftl: And they kept cuddling each other all the time. It sounds a lot weirder than it looked actually. :blink: Funny you would never think they are gay or something, even if I have never ever seen other men doing that if they are only friends... But then again, I live in Europe, prhps in other continents/cultures it is different?

Edited by southeast

He really is one of the sweetest guys ever. I owe a lot to Matt Asti.:aah:

Yes, he seems very nice! A bit crazy but nice!

I like it how you can see at interviews that he and Andrew like each other. In another interview Andrew almost sat on Matt's lap and they both seem ok with it, like it is something totaly normal. :roftl: And they kept cuddling each other all the time. It sounds a lot weirder than it looked actually. :blink: Funny you would never think they are gay or something, even if I have never ever seen other men doing that if they are only friends... But then again, I live in Europe, prhps in other continents/cultures it is different?

Did you meet Matt ?:teehee:

That's how friendship acts in their band:touching each other arms ,sitting on each other laps :roftl:

At the beginning I always thought Andrew is half Dutch and Ben half German.