The Australian Thread: Part Sixteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ratdog! Hahaha! *gets nostalgic and misses old roommate's annoying little dog*

Well, I applied to Dining Services, which oversees the operation of every restaurant and cafe on campus, and they've decided to put me in Zinfandel Dining Hall as a runner and cook's help.

It's only 12 hours a week, and my shifts are at 5 and 6 am, so I'll have to start going to bed earlier or buying more coffee, but I think I'll start to get better/more work after I've been there a few weeks.

I'll continue to live off oatmeal, but now it'll be because I like it, not because it's my only option.

And best of all, I'll get to finish my various projects! And Mom's coming up for a visit tomorrow, so I'm going to get lots of shopping out of the way then, while I've got access to a car.

THAT GREAT ARTSY !!! What are your various projects ?? (or does that need to be in a PM :naughty:)

Bow before your ruler, worthless slaves!

Quiet you!

*slaps Oakie Doke around for her lack of Beatlemania*

Indeed! *slaps Oakie Doke again*

:lmfao: This new assertive you is quite becoming actually SD !! :das::naughty:

His name is Chris. So no, he isn't the guy I'm talking about.

Silly billy.

I may have mis-read her post but I thought OKD was :das:ing Chris 'cos she liked him !! :naughty:

Hello All !! :bye:

THAT GREAT ARTSY !!! What are your various projects ?? (or does that need to be in a PM :naughty:)

No, my various projects are not secret, there's just a lot of them.:bleh:

I've got two pairs of shoes that I'm encrusting with buttons, one for Phunky and one for my roommate.

Here's one of the works in progress:

014-2.jpg

Plus, I'm making MikaMail-style care packages for Soy and M4L.

I had put these all on hold about three days ago due to the fixed amount of money my parents gave me when I moved out three weeks ago, which is starting to dwindle because no matter how hard I try, I can't kick that annoying habit of eating. But now that I've got a job, and money will start going into my bank account as well as going out, I can finish them.:biggrin2:

Hi happikali! How has your day been so far?

Not bad thanks ! I'm about to go & vote at our local council elections tho' ... b/f is doing a couple of hours there to help out the Greens .... there as been alot of logging of forests in our region recently & we have been feeling so frustrated & helpless ..... :boxed:

I've got two pairs of shoes that I'm encrusting with buttons, one for Phunky and one for my roommate.

014-2.jpg

I had put these all on hold about three days ago due to the fixed amount of money my parents gave me when I moved out three weeks ago, which is starting to dwindle because no matter how hard I try, I can't kick that annoying habit of eating. But now that I've got a job, and money will start going into my bank account as well as going out, I can finish them.:biggrin2:

Wow ! Those shoes look amazing Arts !! :thumb_yello: We have been sooo broke lately too .... just trying to catch up with old bills & being on a fixed income :no:

014-2.jpg

Those are amazing!:mf_lustslow:

Yesh! I need to find a box...I've already started buying stuff for you, but they've mostly been small little things that I pick up on my way to class and what not. I have them squirreled away in a paper bag under my bed.:naughty:

....:biggrin2: I'm excited. I like working. It gives my life a bit more purpose.

Oh yay... I'm excited...

Once you get it all together, we can send em off (ft address swap). I only need to get maybe one or two things for mine...

I don't mind working myself... I like to feel I'm earning some of the money I get, in some form or other

014-2.jpg

Funny.. I can never seem to kick that annoying habit either.

Those shoes look amazing :das: Lucky Phunks

*rubs hands together gleefully* I made you EVIL!!

:roftl: Hahaha !!! That you did !!! And don't you think it suits SD !!! :das::naughty: *wonders if it will work on the mysterious Mr. M. ??* Hehe ... :wink2:

SOY: Mondo likes a bit of a cuddle in bed .... I'm sure your temp. pup felt quite relieved ... :wub2:

Not bad thanks ! I'm about to go & vote at our local council elections tho' ... b/f is doing a couple of hours there to help out the Greens .... there as been alot of logging of forests in our region recently & we have been feeling so frustrated & helpless ..... :boxed:

You should organize a tree-hugging protest. They can't chop down trees if you and two hundred other people are sitting in them.:thumb_yello:

Wow ! Those shoes look amazing Arts !! :thumb_yello: We have been sooo broke lately too .... just trying to catch up with old bills & being on a fixed income
Those are amazing!:mf_lustslow:
Those shoes look amazing :das: Lucky Phunks

Thanks, guys. I really think she's going to like them.:biggrin2:

Oh yay... I'm excited...

Once you get it all together, we can send em off (ft address swap). I only need to get maybe one or two things for mine...

I don't mind working myself... I like to feel I'm earning some of the money I get, in some form or other

Funny.. I can never seem to kick that annoying habit either.

It'll be awesome.:punk:

At least I'm not the only one...it's terribly frustrating to be trying to save money and have to periodically feed yourself.

*rubs hands together gleefully* I made you EVIL!!

That you did. :devil:

:roftl: Hahaha !!! That you did !!! And don't you think it suits SD !!! :das::naughty: *wonders if it will work on the mysterious Mr. M. ??* Hehe ... :wink2:

:naughty: You just reminded me of the film 'Sense and Sensibility' where they are teasing Miss Dashwood about 'the mysterious Mr F.'

I plan to Dutch Oven ewe in Melbourne ft. fluffy toy on your bed (Mondo, prostitute for love)

I muchly look forward! :roftl:

He looks bored. *zhhz*

He's bored cos she haz no hairs.. *smth*

I've been watching Xena Episodes though....

Lucy Lawless ft. as an FBI agent in one of the Ronni Mars eps I watched last night. :naughty:

Commando's on channel 7..

OMG!! D: That's a young Alyssa 'Phoebe Halliwell' Milano!!

Did somebody say Halliwell? :wink2:

Still, Mondo reigns on !! As only DC can "know" !! :das:

Hey, he snuck into my bed. What was I supposed to do? :das:

*pats mondo* *makes bed* :wink2:

I GOT A JOB!!!

Well done, daughtah!!! I knew'z you could do it!!! :punk:

At least I'm not the only one...it's terribly frustrating to be trying to save money and have to periodically feed yourself.

Dad normally feeds me... but if I want to save and travel around in my car and eat other food I have to work.....

Saving is hard

yay! my cousin moved to my city!

yay! I miss him man! he is so awesome! goofy like me!

he is 38, a postman, and a hockey player!

and a poet...we might work together on music!

he is the only male cousin I have on my father's side!

woow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now I finally have blood family in town! so happy!

all my prayer's answered in finding people lately! facebook was responsible!

I don't have a brother so he kind of fits the brother criterea!!:)

Second, and still also very important, there's totally something wrong with my laptop! Last night I wrote a reply to Tegan's post that came up before mine, and then when I was just about to click reply (and then go on to post the other fantastic pictures I'd found on ym camera and uploaded), my computer turned itself off to do a stupid windows update! And it like screwed up or something. I dunno, but now it doesn't work for ****. It turns on, and then the second I click anything it completely freezes. OR, one time it let me go so far as opening IE (but it took roughly 40 minutes to do so), and then I tried typing in the window and it froze then.

2 ways to do it..

1. System restore.. if you can't system restore on a normal boot, then go in as safe mode and do it. (Safe mode: Press F8 between memory/disk check screen and software/hardware screen.)

But, sometimes system restore is a pain.. so in that case:

2. Restart in safe mode.. Remove the update.. (Control Panel, Add remove programs.. Select "Show Updates" and find latest installed updates: Remove them) restart comp in normal mode.. download update again.. and install and don't be doing anything else while it installs.. then restart again just to be kind..

And then.. Go into Control Panel - Automatic Updates and select "Download updates for me, but let me choose when to install them." That way when you choose to shutdown your comp, it'll install them for you (or you can choose to "do it now" by clicking yellow shield in taskbar)

Anyway, ! I was like "Um, duh, I said I put the needle on, how stupid do you think I am??" But now I see, yeah, no, I didn't push it to the right first. So I just went and tried it, without record, and it did click when I pushed it to the right, but I dont think anything spun .. but maybe the little metal bit int he middle was... Also, can you see the red bit in the picture? Is that a cover? Shoudl I try taking that off? lol. Although, it does have a needle sticking out I think. Something was touching the record when I put it on there...

Also, yes, it has all three of those settings, and I had it on the 33 1/2 one, but I did try all of them, lol, but okay, 45 it is. I have a while tomorrow morning to try again,

Didn't it come with a manual? Ask ya father!! And don't pull that red bit off.

You've never watched House? The episodes may be a bit formulaic, but House himself is so twisted and miserable. I sure you'd love him

Actually, I saw the end of one episode and kind of liked it. I need to write a note to remind myself to watch it.

Xena - I used to watch that Saturday teatime. It went a bit weird towards the end though.

It did. I don't like season 6 much because of it. There's a few good ep's in there though.

*quotes Freddie just because*

*takes this as an opportune moment to point out that OKD was the only one who quoted my last MQ...and she doesn't count cause she quotes everything* *hmph*

*quotes you*

How are you daughtah? :wub2:

How about 'Bow before your ruler, worthless slaves'?

Winner!

The dog was fine in the bathroom for awhile..... until brother becster v.1 decided it would be a good idea to put it outside

it then got under the house and yapped away... waking me at 2:30. So I went out and called it, and when it came back in I considered putting it back in the bathroom, but was too tired to deal with yapping again, so just took it to bed

:roftl: I laugh because I knew it would happen *zhhz*

gooooooooooood morning australia!

Good Evening G!

Dog's name forever now: Yappers.

I second this.

I GOT A JOB!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! How did I raise you wrong?? :tears:

*zhhz* Congrats Daughtah *hugs*

I guess this means we'll be exchanging parcels soonish?

I'm interested in exchanging parcels... :das:

Bow before your ruler, worthless slaves!

Quiet you!

*slaps Oakie Doke around for her lack of Beatlemania*

Indeed! *slaps Oakie Doke again*

Lol!! You've been hanging around us too much.. It's good.

Mzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :wub2:

This new assertive you is quite becoming actually SD !!

It is!

Howdy HK!

014-2.jpg

Keeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwl!!!!

Lucy Lawless ft. as an FBI agent in one of the Ronni Mars eps I watched last night.

ZOMG!!!!11 :FG: really?? D:

Did somebody say Halliwell?

Yesh. :das:

You'll never shake that title.. In fact, I'll keep adding to it.. :bleh:

I :laser: AM :fish: NOT :poke: EVIL:bonk:

:angel_not:

One for us girls....

Apples and Wine

Women are like apples on trees.

The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree.

Now Men!...

Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the crap out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.

I AM EVIL :devil:

Yes, love. I know you are.. :bleh:

One for us girls....

Apples and Wine

Women are like apples on trees.

The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree.

Now Men!...

Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the crap out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.

So True :lmfao:

*Wonders when her apple tree will get picked* :das::naughty: