*September 11, 2001*

I <3 MIKA!!!

i was in forth grade and i remember the teachers acting a little weird and seeing some crying in the hallyways but they couldnt tell us what happened...they didnt feel that it was their responsibility. so when i got home on the bus my brother was standing there an i thought it was weird because no one was ever there for me at the bus stop...i usually just went home. I instantly thought it was my grandmother because she smokes and is not the healthyest person ever. when i got home my mom sat me down and told me what happened but i didnt understand it...what was a terrorist and why did they crash planes were the only thing i could say. then she showed me the tv and they just kept on showing the clips and the people and the mayhem and i just never thought that could happen in America and didnt know people didnt like us. i watched for like 30 minutes and then just couldnt watch the suffering anymore and i just went upstairs and cried and tried to understand why it happened....

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will never forget that day.... had to stop on theatre school cos of a prob. i had :tears: and as soon as i got back home and turned on the telly, less than 5 min later a "breaking news" came on about it. I remember tears was rolling and i was nervous cos some of my fam. was in NY. Bought the papers the day after... still have em!

8 years already? Gosh... :boxed:

Seems like it was yesterday!

I was at home, preparing stuff for school (I was starting my last year of highscool in a few days), and I had the TV on. Suddenly, the shows that were on were interrupted and I heard "Breaking news, something just crashed into one of the Twin Towers, in NYC, maybe a helicopter or a plane..."

I was like...wtf? How can a pilot NOT SEE a twin tower? :blink: DUH!!!

And then...second plane...I saw it live, like millions of people all around the world! "Oooook...this is not a coincindence..." :blink:

:shocked:

I called my mom (she had been in NYC a few months before), she was at work and I just said "turn on the TV! NOW!" :shocked: And she was like "what? is this real? what happened?". Obviously shocked, like...well...EVERYONE EVERYWHERE!

No need to say, I was GLUED to the TV for the rest of the afternoon...

So shocking...it's difficult to explain how an attack to a place where I have never been, in a country so far away from mine can affect me like this did. :boxed:

i don't remeber it happening..... but i do remember wtaching tons of porgrammes and documentries about it...... i think it is so sad that this happened and it does still make me sad to think about it... don't we usually have 2mins of silence when this day comes around? or is it just our school? but we didn't do it this year........

My American History teacher once said "Everyone who witnessed what happened on september 11, 2001, will forever remember where they were, and what they were doing at that very moment".

How true that has proven to be.

I was in 5th grade and I remember what happened perfectly. I was young, didn't know what the Twin Towers were, didn't know what a terroist was, I was a kid, I was wrapped up in things kid related, those words meant nothing to me.

I was sitting at home on my couch across from the telly and it just happened to be news. My parents were outside smoking a cigarette and I remember saying "A plane crashed into some building" when they came in.

My mom looked at the screen and looked a bit shocked, my dad stared open mouthed for a bit on mumbled "Oh my God."

I still did't really see the significance in it and was bothering them to take me to school so I wouldn't be late.

I volunteered with the pre-kers in the morning so I was there before most other students. I remember walking into the pre-k room to set things up for them and there was a group of about 4 or 5 teachers huddles around the telly watching open-mouthed and teary eyed. I still didn't undersatnd what was going on. And I wasn't one to ask questions.

I think a couple of them were crying.

I'm pretty sure my english teach explained what happened to us. Somewhat anyway. We were young and no one wanted to ruin our innocence.

It still didn't click for me that day though. I think it took a couple annaversaries for me to really understand what happened.

And I remember in 10th grade my history teacher had us watch a documentary on it. It was horrible. They used every disturbing clip they could find. It was too much for me.

Of course it hasn't affected me too personally. I mean, the effects in the long run have affected every American and most of the world. But that one event doesn't really connect with me.

I'm going to a memorial service with a few friends tonight. One who just enlisted in the army. It's gonna be so emotional. Almost don't wanna go, but it's the least I could do for all those who died.

8 years already from that september 11 2001! :tears:

I will never forget what happened in that day. I remember that I went to buy a cd and when I came back home I saw my mum who was crying. I watched at tv and I understood because she was sad.

I was shocked on watching that. :shocked: I wanted that what I was watching it was a dream but it was a bad reality: :tears:

I

Ah yes! a friend of my mum was at the twin tower the day before.

I was driving, on my way for some shopping when it hit the news on the radio. My instant and first thought about that, (without thinking actually, because I was kinda frozen) was 'This is going to be war.'

To be honest, a few hours after that, when it was clear that part of the plan was forged in a house in Germany, I started to really worry.

I spent the biggest part of that day and the following night in front of the TV. In the evening a friend of mine, who was in the middle of his training to become a pilot, called, admitting that this was the moment where he found himself ready to bury his life's dream.

The most horrible image I remember having seen on the TV screen was the one of people jumping.

The term 'opting for the lesser evil' got a whole new meaning for me that day.

Edited by violet_sky

I was driving, on my way for some shopping when it hit the news on the radio. My instant and first thought about that, (without thinking actually, because I was kinda frozen) was 'This is going to be war.'

To be honest, a few hours after that, when it was clear that part of the plan was forged in a house in Germany, I started to really worry.

I spent the biggest part of that day and the following night in front of the TV. In the evening a friend of mine, who was in the middle of his training to become a pilot, called, admitting that this was the moment where he found himself ready to bury his life's dream.

The most horrible image I remember having seen on the TV screen was the one of people jumping.

The term 'opting for the lesser evil' got a whole new meaning for me that day.

THAT is the image that is FOREVER burned into my memory. One of the MOST horrific/horrifying sights I have ever witnessed! :tears: