Te Mika Show

Lolliepop_girl

There's this little channel on Sky TV called "Alt TV" where they play all sorts of stuff that isn't mainstream.

It's all these things like MGMT, the Ting Tings, The Brunettes, Beck, Beirut...

Well I was surfing the channels the other night and I checked Alt after every other channel (expecting it to be MyTube or something dedicated to hard rock or whatever) and stumbled upon "Te Mika Show" (THE Mika show in Maori) and it's just really wierd!

There was a guy/girl (guy dressed as girl, don't know if that's a her or a him) judging a plastasene Mika making competition and there was this silly quiz thing and they asked who the 2003 winner of New Zealand Idol was and the guy was like "Ummm... Not me?" and that was CORRECT :D

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think it is at all :naughty:

but isn't there a new zealand racing car driver, who happens to be maori and is called mika? maybe it ties in there? but maybe this should be in the chin wagging section.i didnt know you were a new zealander too! hi!! :bye: it seemed i was the only one on here!

i dont think it is at all :naughty:

but isn't there a new zealand racing car driver, who happens to be maori and is called mika? maybe it ties in there? but maybe this should be in the chin wagging section.i didnt know you were a new zealander too! hi!! :bye: it seemed i was the only one on here!

Oh yeah, I'm not great with choosing which section to put things in... My bad *hides face*

Yeah, there's a Kiwi thread too but we don't use it very often.

There's Rosinakiwi and she's also a Kiwi but I don't consider myself KIWI as such because I was born and raised bere but I don't think of it as home and don't have any kiwi blood so...

Yes, there is a race car driver, a fafafini musician... I could go on but let's just reminise on the fafafini musician for a bit shall we?

I love all the pretty colours on those men's skirts... And I especially like the ones with tassles and that stuff that looks a bit like fur!!!

............:P

Oh yeah, I'm not great with choosing which section to put things in... My bad *hides face*

Yeah, there's a Kiwi thread too but we don't use it very often.

There's Rosinakiwi and she's also a Kiwi but I don't consider myself KIWI as such because I was born and raised bere but I don't think of it as home and don't have any kiwi blood so...

Yes, there is a race car driver, a fafafini musician... I could go on but let's just reminise on the fafafini musician for a bit shall we?

I love all the pretty colours on those men's skirts... And I especially like the ones with tassles and that stuff that looks a bit like fur!!!

............:P

I remember Kiwiabroad. She used to be on this site.

Isn't she a member now?

• 3 weeks later...
There's this little channel on Sky TV called "Alt TV" where they play all sorts of stuff that isn't mainstream.

It's all these things like MGMT, the Ting Tings, The Brunettes, Beck, Beirut...

Well I was surfing the channels the other night and I checked Alt after every other channel (expecting it to be MyTube or something dedicated to hard rock or whatever) and stumbled upon "Te Mika Show" (THE Mika show in Maori) and it's just really wierd!

There was a guy/girl (guy dressed as girl, don't know if that's a her or a him) judging a plastasene Mika making competition and there was this silly quiz thing and they asked who the 2003 winner of New Zealand Idol was and the guy was like "Ummm... Not me?" and that was CORRECT :D

When I was first looking for Mika online, I saw a link to a site of Maouri Maestro Mika... and I think the 2nd name was Sing.

The point is, our is not the only Mika, and the name is more common in other countries than it is over here. It is another Mika, obviously

But I hope that doesn't mean another lawsuit for Mr Penniman!

When I was first looking for Mika online, I saw a link to a site of Maouri Maestro Mika... and I think the 2nd name was Sing.

The point is, our is not the only Mika, and the name is more common in other countries than it is over here. It is another Mika, obviously

But I hope that doesn't mean another lawsuit for Mr Penniman!

Oh no, I'm sure it won't :)

Mika is a Maori name as well but it's not short for Michael like Mika's is (allegidly, in my opinion)

To Racinghorses

Yeah, there was the only guy on here and he sort of came on here once and didn't come on again.

Then when we got talking he came back for another one or two times then didn't keep up again.

I won't say his name, I'm seeing how long he takes to click that I'm avoiding him.

I don't think he's worked out that I'm annoyed at him yet, after MONTHS of refusing to conversate.

I mentioned that Mika had a new blog some months back and he said "what's it about?" and for someone who claims to be a "Mika obsessive fan" he knows (and cares) very little! So I asked if he was one of those people who hears one song from an artist, KIND OF likes it and so joins their fan club and claims to be obsessive as I am.

He said yes.

But it's not even that! I've not been talking to him for months and I put him on my myspace block list for updates (so he can't see what I'm doing) and yet when I put my (praised and great to write) story up on my blog he waas the first and only one to comment and it said "A lovely story"

I commented:

"Thanks for the blog comment but why lovely? It's a story about girls working in stirptease, doubling as cortiseans, extreme phsychotic issues, underaged and working in a vaudeivlle club and all matter of things "Chicken" related! I wouldn't have thought that it was "Lovely" at all."

Then I decided that just for the heck of it, I'd write a paragraph about how it's based on Angela Carter's "Night's at the circus" so it went in sections and Miss Carter writes in the past tense and then relives the characters' pasts in the form of past tense and so I wrote mine in present tense so I could relive Characters' lives in the past so it was a bit more understaindable. Then said "BTW, how did you know I had a blog entry? I don't allow any of my friends' to see that I've made any updates."

"That makes the story make much more sense now, thank you.

I went onto your page and saw that you had a new blog so that's how I knew."

"Ok, what part of my paragraph made the story make more sense?

Are you going to get the lotto tonight? 24 million dollars, that's a pretty penny is it not?"

"My mum gets the lotto sometimes."

"You didn't answer my question."

"I didn't undserstand it so I didn't answer it."

I didn't talk to him after that!

But honestly, who does that?!

I havn't talked to him in MONTHS and he goes on my page regularly enough to see I've written a blog (I never wrote blogs before that) and yet he doesn't know when Mika has one...

I'm sure we had several more Racinghorses, didn't we have like, 11 kiwifans?

Yeah, Mika wouldn't come to NZ, we're too smalltown for him anyway :(

x

hummm.. weird... yeah, some people are weird. so i just ignore them.

no, its ok, frog.terez, is not our mika, its a random TV program in new zealand. i've never seen it..

I agree, that's why I was avoiding him :o

So just FYI, try to keep away from a certain Mikakiwi starting with the letter 'T'

Yeah, it's not about our Mika, I got the wrong section...

Again, REALLY sorry!

lol your online at midnight like me :bleh:

are we crazy new zealanders or what?? :doh:

Aaw, I missed it!

I was on so late cos I'd just finished watching sleepy hollow.

It's not that scary!

I only screamed TWICE :D

I just really wanted to be one of the first to see if Meeks had a new blog post ;)

And yes, we're all crazy, welcome to the Mika Fan CluB! :D:D:D

x