Standing at the O2 arena- Question

sariflor

I have a question. When they do gigs with a standing area in front of the stage at the O2 arena (no special VIP type seats, just directly the stage and then the standing area), does anyone know how many people are standing?

Ie, how many standing tickets they would release?

If anyone knows, please let me know!!! :punk:It will be very appreciated.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JINGLE

BELLS

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL????

waiting for mika to join?:wink2:

got a ticket?:wink2:

hope to win one?:wink2:

i'm checking everyday!:naughty:

not sure he would go with boyzone and rihanna though........and not sure i want him to!:roftl:

what do you think?

not useful for your question, i know.....:blush-anim-cl:

"In the vast auditorium, eight sets of 15-tonne bleachers, one of the largest retractable seating arrangements in Europe, can be pulled back, increasing capacity from 9,500 seats to a combined seating and standing capacity of 14,500."

Okay. So there are 9,500 seats, then some guy comes along, pulls back eight sets of seats, to make standing room. So that increases the overall capacity by 5,000. But I would assume that those "eight sets" of seats that are pulled back are moved off to the side, rendering them unusable - right?

So if that's the case, the standing capacity would be 5000, plus however many seated spots are lost by retracting eight sets of bleachers....I think?

So anyhow, ballpark guess is 5,000-ish. Gah, that's more math than I've done in five years! :sweatdrop:

Hehehe...no Robi, not the Jingle thingie, but I only managed to get seats at the top tier for Bryan Adams, and I was thinking of trying to change them for standing....and wanted to know how many people would be there, as I only finish work around 5 so I wouldn't get there early to queue for a good spot,etc.:thumb_yello: I'm still VERY excited about it though!!

5 November it is :mf_lustslow:.

sari :wink2:

dont blame Robi... her imagination is so big :naughty:

brian adams was in Milan last week :thumb_yello:

i did not see him because usually i go just to gigs about the same popcorn star :blush-anim-cl:

but he had a big success... the gig was quite acoustic, in a theatre :wink2:

and the same night of brian adams i was in a theatre for an amazing ballet show :mf_lustslow:

here you have

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=byUiN0vnbgo

Hehehe...no Robi, not the Jingle thingie, but I only managed to get seats at the top tier for Bryan Adams, and I was thinking of trying to change them for standing....and wanted to know how many people would be there, as I only finish work around 5 so I wouldn't get there early to queue for a good spot,etc.:thumb_yello: I'm still VERY excited about it though!!

So we won't be seeing you at Saranaydes album launch then, heh heh.

I heard an interesting quote from Noel Gallagher from Oasis about the O2 arena. He said he would never play there as it was a soulless place.

Never been there so I can't comment, but would be interested to hear from people who have.

Surely on their website they have the information for how much standing space there is, for any gig they have standing room for?

:boxed:The Feeling is 4th Nov. You're going to be busy.

I heard an interesting quote from Noel Gallagher from Oasis about the O2 arena. He said he would never play there as it was a soulless place.

Never been there so I can't comment, but would be interested to hear from people who have.

Surely on their website they have the information for how much standing space there is, for any gig they have standing room for?

Are you going to Sara's album launch Rose?

brian adams was in Milan last week :thumb_yello:

but he had a big success... the gig was quite acoustic, in a theatre :wink2:

and the same night of brian adams i was in a theatre for an amazing ballet show :mf_lustslow:

here you have

He's usually very good live, I saw him a few years ago when he came to London and I loved it!! I can't wait.

Acoustic sounds great :wub2:.

Hehehe, Didn't know about Saranayde's album, but I'm not really such a fan of her music. I guess I would perhaps go for the social aspect of it and see you lot, but if you say that it's on the 5th, then I will obviously not go :naughty:.

The thing with the O2 is that it's very customisable, and depending on whether the artist has front row VIP/fan type seats or standing area, it can change a lot. I will keep checking.

Regarding the Oasis dude, I think that he's just full of crap, as per usual.Sure the O2 is huge, but I saw Neil Diamond there in June and it was amazing.

The sound was perfect, and the place was certainly not soulless. I have also been to Wembley, and I would choose the O2 over Wembley any day.

Obviously I would prefer smaller venues, like the Sheperd's Bush Empire or Scala, but that is highly unrealistic .

The Feeling is 4th Nov. You're going to be busy.

I know!! My life is chaos :roftl:

Hehehe...no Robi, not the Jingle thingie, but I only managed to get seats at the top tier for Bryan Adams, and I was thinking of trying to change them for standing....and wanted to know how many people would be there, as I only finish work around 5 so I wouldn't get there early to queue for a good spot,etc.....I'm still VERY excited about it though!!

5 November it is .

:blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:

sari :wink2:

dont blame Robi... her imagination is so big

brian adams was in Milan last week

i did not see him because usually i go just to gigs about the same popcorn star :blush-anim-cl:

but he had a big success... the gig was quite acoustic, in a theatre

here you have

yes...i so wanted to go....*sighs*

so...enjoy sara!! i'm sure it will be fab, i love brian adams:wub2: