FAO: Anyone who teaches/is in year 9 in the UK....IMPORTANT!

jodi_ice

If anyone in here other than me is a teacher in the uk, or anyone in here is in year 9 in the UK, get your bum over to the BBC website...

Ed balls has just topped everything he's done wrong up to now.....

you ready for this?...........

he's SCRAPPED the KS3 SATS!!!! As of THIS year!!!

Yep that's right....as of this year, y9's are NOT doing SATs!!!!!

and no one knew a thing about it! So when kids go in tomorrow saying 'hey miss you cant make me, i dont have to do SATs anymore' about 60 odd percent of teachers will probably have not a clue what they are talking about, and those who do will know nothing more than the kids about it!!!!!!

so now, kids have no exams from y6 to y9....and..... get this.... they will help them in y7,8 and 9 based on their y6 achievements and they are introducing US style report cards

Good one Balls!!!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb_yello:

No SATs!!!!

Hang on, so there's no SATs, at all, ever again? It seems a bit quick to me...

I think I may have the wrong end of the stick :blink:

No you dont... Ed Balls has completely scrapped them. So students will be judged on their performance at year 6 until they take their GCSEs....

I actually kinda think that's terrible. Why introduce the US cards over? We've had no problem with the British way before. I am SICK of Britain bringing in other things from different countries - can we please keep something that is OURS?!?!?!?

I mean, I know SATs don't really count for anything...they're just seeing how you're doing, but that's still important! It's basically a practice for GCSE's in my eyes. You do your SATs and you go from there.

Scrapping SATs is stupid. They may not count towards anything later in life, but they're essential for improvement.

Thats ridiculous!!! I'm in Year 11 now, but still! I know that the stuff that you do in Year 6 is a completely new kettle of fish to the stuff you do at GCSE. I got just under a level 7 at SAT, and now I'm struggling in the top set Maths. I feel sorry for the kids who get high SAT score in Year six and don't get algebra at all.

lucky year 9's!!!

in our school, last year, the year 8's did the sats (they did it a year early!) dont know why though, i think its because they start their GCSE modules earlier...

poor kids

our year (yr 13) is lucky as we JUST missed the A* thing for A levels... :wink2:

No you dont... Ed Balls has completely scrapped them. So students will be judged on their performance at year 6 until they take their GCSEs....

Oooo good point! :thumb_yello:

in that sense, scraping the SATS is actually a bad idea.

and when it comes to GCSE's, they wont know how to revise effectively, as they wont be used to it!!:blink:

oh dear :mf_rosetinted:

Oooo good point! :thumb_yello:

in that sense, scraping the SATS is actually a bad idea.

and when it comes to GCSE's, they wont know how to revise effectively, as they wont be used to it!!:blink:

oh dear :mf_rosetinted:

We managed without public exams till we were 16.

There'll be internals, won't there? So it won't make any difference to the kids.