The Australian Thread: Part Eighteen

Rainbow Sky

Is QLD time the same as the rest of the East coast? I always thought that it was 1/2 an hour behind. I'm probably wrong though. Maybe that's SA :blush-anim-cl:

QLDS the same, except that they don't believe in Daylight Savings.

SA is a 1/2 hour behind :wink2:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QLDS the same, except that they don't believe in Daylight Savings.

SA is a 1/2 hour behind :wink2:

Ah, it makes sense now. I really should have known that I guess. I'm useless with different time zones.

no problem! :thumb_yello:

how are you besides computer issues?

Meh... I feel crappy. Husband had a bad day at work so he keeps complaining. I went shopping planning on buying nothing and ended up with a new watch, shoes and clothes that I really couldn't afford, even though they were all cheap, I'm supposed to be saving! And my eyes are driving me insane and giving me a haeadache. So yes, I am full of complaints today :thumbdown:

How about you?

I hope everyone else is having a better time.

OH MY GOSH

AHAHAH

has anyone listened to the thing on perez's site?

Mika - Happy Ending

mixed with

Rick Astley - never gonna give you up.

:roftl::lmao::lmao::lmao:

http://www.perezhilton.com/category/mika/

That is so scary. Rick Astley always sounds like he is singing with a plastic bag over his head.

Or maybe that's just me. I'm not a fan :no:

...Also I just noticed that I am wearing the bracelet in your signature. Yay!

oh lol, im slow today.

ive developed a new addiction... orange tictacs!

ive eaten 4 packs in less than 24 hours. *is concerned for owns health* :blink:

but other than that, im awesomeee.

how about you?

hahai love orange tictacs!theyre the best!!!!

im good. tired. watching family guy. lol

Meh... I feel crappy. Husband had a bad day at work so he keeps complaining. I went shopping planning on buying nothing and ended up with a new watch, shoes and clothes that I really couldn't afford, even though they were all cheap, I'm supposed to be saving! And my eyes are driving me insane and giving me a haeadache. So yes, I am full of complaints today :thumbdown:

How about you?

I hope everyone else is having a better time.

im sorry you feel crappy, and im sorry your husbands day wasnt good either. i hate that, going shopping to browse, and coming back with things. it gets to me later. im sorry youve got a headache. not fun at all.

im fine, tired, and bored. watching family guy

*has 7 legged spider picture in her signature*

OMG! :lmao: !!! I LOVE that email! Petra sent it to me like 2 days ago, massive coincidence!

One of those sheep looks suspiciously like a goat to me

They are all sheep, I studyying HALF the sheep breeds I need to know for Friday, here goes:

Presentation1.jpg

Border Lecister, Don't know, Don't know, Don't know, Don't know,

Awasi Fat-tail, Don't know, Psycho Sheep Lady, Border Lecister again?, Some kind of Merino,

Some kind of Merino, Wiltshire Horn, Psycho Sheep Lady again, Some other kind of Merino, Damara

Texel, Don't know, Don't know, Damara.

I'm sorry. I also passed it to Dishpig, and now the both of us are going through Ricolas like there's no tomorrow.

And I meant to say, but couldn't say in a picture comment so then forgot about: Is that Dishpig in your new myspace pictures!!???

Who's Luke? Oh, wait... Is he from The Kooks?

:roftl: Yes, the one with the glasses in my signature, and it's a lyric in a song.

The flute guy was interesting... Gee, I'd never let you guys come near my tent! And what was the deal with catching the tadpoles? What were you planning to do with them?

Hahahaha, that took us AGES, and I honestly thought that it was right at that point, I don't think I've ever been more confused.

And don't ask me, I was swimming/screaming in the water at the time :roftl:

D: D: D: D: THEY SPELT EPIPHANY WRONG!!! IT'S NOT EPHINANY! THEY'RE A PUBLISHED THINGER! *fires the editor*

Hahahahahaha! I didn't even notice! It's free and it comes out every week with 400 articles about musicians and gig-info, I'm not complaining about one extra n :roftl:

That is so scary. Rick Astley always sounds like he is singing with a plastic bag over his head.

Or maybe that's just me. I'm not a fan :no:

Aahaha, dw i agree fully.

and im wearing the bracelet in my signature too!!!! well i wasnt but i put it on just then to fit in with the cool kids. :cool: Yay us!

im sorry you feel crappy, and im sorry your husbands day wasnt good either. i hate that, going shopping to browse, and coming back with things. it gets to me later. im sorry youve got a headache. not fun at all.

zomg. i love family guy. stewie is awesome!

It's ok, I just whine too much :bleh:

Tiredness & boredom sucks but cartoons are always the best cure :thumb_yello:

Aahaha, dw i agree fully.

and im wearing the bracelet in my signature too!!!! well i wasnt but i put it on just then to fit in with the cool kids. :cool: Yay us!

zomg. i love family guy. stewie is awesome!

:groupwave:

Best bracelet ever.

I think they do too. I'll go check it out. I do know that the busybody across the road has some contacts. I also know a few actors.. One was in Neighbours recently.. perhaps he will know the good places to go. Otherwise, I'll test them out. One of our Unis would be the best place though.

Even worse when drunk and everyone else is sober.

Well.....

I'm leaving him comments all around the place asking for his birthtime..

Fingers crossed he's interested and lets us know somehow.

(by indirectly answering the question directly:naughty:)

Yes, a Uni. or some kind of class/training facility with reputable teachers will be far more rewarding for you too.

Shame you don't live closer ... you could do all kinds of theatre-y stuff with us !!! :wink2:

:roftl:

Good !! I think I asked him once on his myspace when I first discovered him, to no avail. of course ! :rolls_eyes: Do you remember that Roast A Rockstar thing that happened while he was in Oz ... the one where Jol's question was answered re: his laugh ringtone ??!! Well, the question I sent in was asking his birth time ... :naughty: ...but they didn't ask him ... :tears: ... then again , I am glad ... cos' that kind of info. is often considered private ... :wink2:

o cool!

wats it like there?

That's where the largest volcanic lava caves in the southern hemisphere are.

Other than that there's nothing. Probably not even a McDonalds. :naughty:

This is inside the cave. It was pitch black apart from our torches, but they did bring in lanterns eventually.

TheCave01.jpg

I just aimlessly took photos. It helped to light the way so I knew where I was.

IMGP0662.jpg

Someone seriously needs to graph the family tree one day... for entertainment sake.

I had a go at it.. but it could be wrong.

TheHalliwells2.jpg

Anyways I should be fine for tomorrow, energy or no energy *zhhz*

I should be too. But am feeling a little fluey. What's the weather going to be like?

Yep. I mean, you'd have been 15...at least that's somewhat possible...but no...

Possible. Definitely.

Entertainment?! More like high-profile stress...it would take years just to get to where we are now...and with so many of us being pregnant, by that time there'd be a whole new strain of incest to mark down...it would never end!

I've made a start.. but still it's confusing and incomplete.

Hello, Aussies. After eating a not so small amount of Nestle caramel Top 'N' Fill I feel slightly sick (it doesn't taste too great, I'll have to try your boiled sweetened condensed milk version, Kelz). Not that I wouldn't already feel nauseous, we're having (highly pompous, gossipy and generally annoying) family friends over tonight. So I'm hiding in my room for the rest of the evening, they won't even know I'm here.

Good Move. And the top n fill stuff is kind of sickly sweet.

Pointer 2: Repetitiveness. Avoid repeating the same topic in a single rant because people in all likeliness heard you the first time. However, feel free to whine about the same topic in seperate rants if the issue has not been resolved (especially if it's about Mika shunning Australia ). It's the latter form of whining that pressures people to do things not the former (but of course only if they're actually listening ).

So true.

You were still up an hour and a half after your bed toime? *tisk*

Nooooooo I wasn't.... *shifty eyes*

Stressful for the poor unfortunate who has to work it out, entertaining for the rest of us who can point at them and laugh, tell them how wrong everything is, and be entertained by the confusingness of what they have actually drawn

Call me the poor unfortunate then.

gudnight.

to kelzy.

whats the time in oz?

Goodnight. It's 6:46pm as I type this.

(And I know you read the post wrong, etcetc.. I just had to reply because you mentioned my name. :P)

*hides*

*moans*

*curls up in ball*

i hit the wrong key. honestly.

i am making a right fool of myself..

Haha! It's all good.

Hello all. My monitior hasn't died yet. Hoorah! But I feel sad and crappy for no good reason so I think perhaps I won't stay for long.

Hooray!

Or maybe that's just me. I'm not a fan

I never liked him either.

I guess I should go and get dinner started. Then I plan on lying on the couch, watching Hamish & Andy (that is tonight, isn't it?) and House and doing nothing for the rest of the night.

I hope everyone has a good night :biggrin2:

Bye!

Other than that there's nothing. Probably not even a McDonalds. :naughty:

This is inside the cave. It was pitch black apart from our torches, but they did bring in lanterns eventually.

TheCave01.jpg

I just aimlessly took photos. It helped to light the way so I knew where I was.

IMGP0662.jpg

TheHalliwells2.jpg

oo cooL! very interesting~

:groupwave:

Best bracelet ever.

:clap::glasses3:

haha i know!

this is the episode where peter ecomes part of a footall team. lol

its ok

haha yup. lol

LOL! my cousin has all the seasons and we just sit there for about 4 hours straight. i find it hard to get sick of

ive got to get off the comp. bye everyone!

I guess I should go and get dinner started. Then I plan on lying on the couch, watching Hamish & Andy (that is tonight, isn't it?) and House and doing nothing for the rest of the night.

I hope everyone has a good night :biggrin2:

Bye!

BYE :bye:

xx

TheHalliwells2.jpg

:bow:

So if I'm remembering genealogy correctly vertical connections mean offspring/pet (with the parent(s) tiered above) and horizontal connections are... hook-ups?

I would say it's pretty accurate. I like how no one has a green star. :naughty:

Edited by SuperTwat

Yep Across is hookups and down is offspring/pets.

I should've made it wider, but I resisted and sort of used up/down and across methods in as obvious of a way as possible.

And there are 4 green stars.... :naughty:

I couldn't resist.

Bracelet buddies!!!!! :groovy:

I think every second person on the MFC has that bracelet :naughty:

Anyway, I have two things to tell. One includes 7 pictures, and I already used two, so I'll tell the more exciting one first.

Last night the super fantastic/brilliant/lovely Rod Thomas posted that he'd made another myspace account to put remixes that he'd done on. Firstly I added it and told Petra about it, and Petra told him that "Her friend Bianca had found the link" (And thus making a complete fool of herself because I hadn't "found" it, he put it as his status update, which she noticed right after. Anyway, so did I mention that he is super lovely and messages everyone that adds him? Well, he messaged Petra and told her she was an idiot (no, not really, he said he was glad we had found it, awww), and he messaged me and asked what I thought of the remixes, so I told him something about not usually liking remixes, but that I really liked his Gotye remix.

Then I went and commented my Gotye-obsessed friend, who I had actually just sent a video of Rod Thomas to like 2 days ago, who's msn is playing up atm, telling her about the remix and telling her to go have a look. Basically, I fangurled Rod Thomas to her, then she messaged back fangurling Gotye and saying Rod Thomas was no Gotye, and then we had a discussion about the finer points of the remix, coming to the ultimate conlusion that Rod Thomas is a ridiculously childish happy version of Gotye, and his remix reflects this, and then went on to talk about a number of RIDICULOUS things because we were in a ridiculous mood late last night, the conclusion of which was that we are the most hilarious people in the world and our combined genius would surely cause the apocalypse unless we confine our meetings to every 8th Tuesday of the month, and only allow entry to ourselves if we use the password Jam Trousers.

Why am I telling you this? Because this is what message Dani got this morning after adding Rod Thomas:

Date: 19 Nov 2008, 09:46 AM

thanks for the add

I see that you sort of like my Gotye remix, which is nice. He likes it, so I guess that's a good thing right? :)

thanks for taking the time to look me up on a recommendation

Rod

HE ****ING READ OUR ENTIRE CONVERSATION! The talk about the remix was at the very beginning, and he must have read the entire thing. Regardless - HE ****ING READ WHAT WE SAID ABOUT HIM! :eek: :lmfao:

OMG!

But he's so lovely *fangurl* BUT HE READ WHAT WE SAID ABOUT HIM.

And he is obviously really elated about Gotye liking his remix, this is what he said to me:

Subject: RE: RE: thanks!

Body:

haha that's good to hear.

I got a lovely email from him today saying he likes it too, which made my day. He's doing a remix for me soon as well. SO EXCITED.

Hope you're well,

thanks for your kind message :)

x

No mention of the comment stalking to me though :roftl:

And if you want to see what we said about him (if he's seen it already, what more is there to lose?):

Dani's side of the conversation:

www.myspace.com/biance

My side of the conversation:

www.myspace.com/xunsentxletterx

:groovy:

Other than that there's nothing. Probably not even a McDonalds.

TheCave01.jpg

Awesome! The person holdig the torch reminds me of bigfoot for some reason. They don't look like bigfoot, but they remind me of him.

TheHalliwells2.jpg

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :floor: This needs to go on the first post.

Yep Across is hookups and down is offspring/pets.

I should've made it wider, but I resisted and sort of used up/down and across methods in as obvious of a way as possible.

And there are 4 green stars.... :naughty:

I couldn't resist.

I couldn't see the green stars 'cause my screen was set on low brightness but I see them now. :doh:

(But I think it was funnier when I thought no one had enjoyed sleeping with Mike. :naughty:)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :floor: This needs to go on the first post.

I second this motion.