The Australian Thread: Part Eighteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know exactly what you mean and have had this conversation with many people before It's a work-related problem? Want to PM me? :huglove:

No, it's not work-related :boxed: (THANK YOU for the offer!) - work is another thing :crybaby: I just have 5 more days here and then I have to leave the country and this wonderful time of indulging in the London lifestyle (gigs, gigs, guys with guitars) is over and I'll be stuck in German suburbia again.

It was just... aaahh!! Basically, the story is the following: imagine there is a Mika gig in your city (or anyone else you like; I'm not talking about Mika here) and your credit card didn't work on that ticket selling website (which is ****) and then your work collegue says that she has been working with Mika's agent for five years and tells you that it would not be a problem to put you on the guestlist (it is generally obviously just a smaller problem to be put on guestlists :blink: - the thing is just that these are my favourite artists and I WANT to pay for that. I want to have the feeling that I deserve trying to get first row :boxed:). Anyway - imagine everything works out, you get on the guestlist and end up second row left (Martin-ish). Everything is fine and then luxurious problems #1 comes up. You are totally squashed and you end up second row behind the probably two tallest guys in the complete venue.

However, something else has already made your day before - you got in via guestlist (just for free, nothing else) and then a (most fantastically lovely) security guy that you have met before at some other gigs in the same venue asks you if you got wristbands for the aftershow party. So you say no and tell him you were on the guestlist but didn't get a triple A or whatever. So then - unbelievable but true, the security guy comes back 10min later and hands over two ****ing golden VIP-wristbands for the aftershowparty which makes everybody that is standing around you in the venue hate you. So you stand there and you cannot believe that he (who hardly knows you and who just talked to you a couple of times at other gigs) gave YOU and your friend aftershowparty wristbands. You and no one else around you. :shocked:

So after the gig you make your way to the afterpartyshowroomthingy upstairs and this time it's even much much better than the last time you were at an aftershowparty in that venue (now I'm talking about Mika). There are hardly people and those people that are there seem, at least 90%, to be friends and family of the band. So you sit down and wait what happens. And then Mika turns up (or whoever) and as he happens to sit at the table next to you, randomly chatting with friends, you make use of a moment when he seems quite unoccupied (it is so fricking lovely that there are obviously aftershowparties where the people are neither mobbed nor raped nor harrassed by 150 fans) and ask if he would mind spending 30 seconds of your life with you to give you an autograph. And really - this guy turns out to be an UNBELIEVABLY LOVELY person. Totally. He talks to you and asks for your name and signs your vinyl and you really have a PROPER conversation with him (I think this is the best thing that giving tutorials in front of 50 people at uni brought to me - I'm able to talk to with popular people without having a knot in my tongue, a knot in my brain and without blushing. Haha, did I mention I met the drummer from Muse while I was covering the reception here in the office one day? I had NO ****ing clue who he was (because I'm not a fan of Muse)). What was I saying? Well, anyway, you get your autograph and your friend wants a picture as well. So you take the picture and then you realise that you will probably kick your dear arse later and you ask for a picture as well. And that it where luxurious problem #2 kicks in big time. Suddenly your friend (who is shaking and extremly nervous) doesn't know how to handle her own camera anymore. She takes a picture, the guy hugs both of you (did I mention that he is extraordinarily lovely???) and you part (:crybaby:).

So then you notice that your friend has taken a totally useless and blurry picture which fricking annoys you (but is she to blame? No, I think.). But you are annoyed. More than just annoyed :mad3:.

BUT - as Mika (or not Mika) is still within reach, you decide to ask him for another picture later. So when he is on his way out and passes your table, you ask again and explain why (did I mention he is fantastic and lovely???) and he says that he doesnt mind. This time you give your friend your camera where everything is set and where she just has to push one fricking button. No problem, one should think. But no... this time, she puts her finger over your flash which makes your picture useless again.

:blowup: :blowup: :blowup: :blowup:

What now? I am freaking pissed. I had a lovely night and we met my current favourite artist (one of them) and we will NEVER EVER have this chance again and then THIS here is the only thing that occupies my mind.

Thank you for listening. :boxed:

Edited by Petra

I can tell you now that its very fast (not so much at the moment). As a kid I was always the one who talked so fast they could barely understand. I slowed down eventually, but there are times when it picks up speed again. Chances are, sometime in GC you'll be treated to it. The brain just races ahead and its a challenge to get the words out fast enough to keep up

I've already mentioned the paranoia/active imagination right? Because I was chilling out on bed, winding down, preparing to log off and go to sleep in typical laptop chatting pose (lying on my back, head propped up on pillows, legs serving as laptop rest, feet apart) when, just this second, I felt the weight shift on the bed between my feet, even though I didn't move my feet, as it does when my cat jumps on the bed. But my cat isn't in the room, its in the laundry. So I go to look and I hear the sound very similar to something smallish jumping from the bed to my floorboards... but nothing there/no cats. Now it could be the paranoia/active imagination, but regardless I'm going to take a little bit longer to wind down now

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Take another pill!!! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

*trimmed*

What now? I am freaking pissed. I had a lovely night and we met my current favourite artist (one of them) and we will NEVER EVER have this chance again and then THIS here is the only thing that occupies my mind.

Thank you for listening. :boxed:

Aww, Petra. That's one of my worst nightmares. To get home and the photos are terrible!!! I understand 100%. At least now if you ever meet him (?) again you can joke about it and say "3rd time lucky?"

Ask the others here. I always say 3rd pic is the best.. You will get another chance!! for sure!

Aww, Petra. That's one of my worst nightmares. To get home and the photos are terrible!!! I understand 100%. At least now if you ever meet him (?) again you can joke about it and say "3rd time lucky?"

Ask the others here. I always say 3rd pic is the best.. You will get another chance!! for sure!

Thank you :boxed: Oh well. We'll see. We both kept our wristbands on - maybe they can be of use today :/ (:das:)

(Him, yes. We met Luke Pritchard :smth:. Fantastic guy, really!)

My scroll isn't working :crybaby::mad3:

:wub2:

Aww, Poor Beeyankar!!! That's gotta suck. :thumbdown:

How's Costa Rica?? :punk:

I know, I'm cruel.. it's an old post. I miss her. :roftl:

Goonie all!!

:wub2:

Goonie all!!

soooooooooooooooooo unfair!!!! :crybaby:

Goonie all!!

THAT IS NOT FUNNY KELZY:sneaky2: :tears::crybaby:

I got a package from her the other day....it was like a voice from beyond :naughty:

soooooooooooooooooo unfair!!!! :crybaby:

*huggles Petra and throws dirty look at Kelzy*

TAN !!!!! Haha .... Nooooooooooo !! None of us could !! It's been hell .... :thumbdown:

Hiya HK :wub2:

Whew! I was starting to get paranoid and I was definitely starting to twitch:naughty:

*huggles Petra and throws dirty look at Kelzy*

Hiya HK :wub2:

Whew! I was starting to get paranoid and I was definitely starting to twitch:naughty:

I knooowww !!! Some of us were chatting on gabbly over the w/end ... I wondered where you were !!

Our very amazing techy. Andrew (StandardToaster) ... has been working his ass off all w/end trying to fix it .... but it's the frikken server ... not MFC ... grrrrrr :sneaky2:

I knooowww !!! Some of us were chatting on gabbly over the w/end ... I wondered where you were !!

Our very amazing techy. Andrew (StandardToaster) ... has been working his ass off all w/end trying to fix it .... but it's the frikken server ... not MFC ... grrrrrr :sneaky2:

don't even know what a gabbly is:roftl:

Yeah, I was thinking about Freddie and ST on the weekend.....poor buggers, it must have been hell! They can only do what they can do and you can't expect anymore than that!

Hopefully the other MFC'ers will remember that it's the server when they post about the MFC being "broken" :wink2:

don't even know what a gabbly is:roftl:

Yeah, I was thinking about Freddie and ST on the weekend.....poor buggers, it must have been hell! They can only do what they can do and you can't expect anymore than that!

Hopefully the other MFC'ers will remember that it's the server when they post about the MFC being "broken" :wink2:

:naughty: gabbly is like a mobile chatroom that can be linked to websites if you type it before that web address i.e ...

gabbly.com/mikafanclub.com

FD couldn't do anything about it ... it was all down ST !! Bless him ! :bow:

Well, we did post updates on myspace bulletins ... so most were informed anyway ...

I just got back from a walk. But don't get too excited. To get to my destination I need to walk through this rather large park which leads onto the intended road. But I only made it to the end of the park before chickening out and going back home. Argh! :tears:

Oh, and while the the server was down I got my School Certificate results back. :groovy:

Hey HK!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot_jump:

I don't think I could've handled another day of Mika turning up on Gabbly interrupting our conversations :naughty:

:lmfao: Well yeah .... you know what it did to my head !!!! :blush-anim-cl:

I just got back from a walk. But don't get too excited. To get to my destination I need to walk through this rather large park which leads onto the intended road. But I only made it to the end of the park before chickening out and going back home. Argh!

Oh, and while the the server was down I got my School Certificate results back. :groovy:

:sneaky2::chkn:

And YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!! *hugs you*