What is Mika's fascination with tragedy?

Lolliepop_girl

I think we are looking at a man who is a genius, and with genius comes OCD traits (that he says he has) and a genius tends to have a darker psyche that other people. I'm not a psycologist, but I do think that Mika is not always the happy person we would like him to be, for his own sake. If you look at the new DVD, on the documentary, we see him looking shattered and unshaven, trying to get the PDP gig exactly as he wanted it.

Of course he succeeded, but I sometimes do think, at what cost does he succeed? Certainly if he doesn't sleep, if he worries too much about his shows, etc, will all of this stress have a detrimental effect on his health in the end?

Of course I hope it doesn't, but when you listen to his lyrics there is a lot of tragic metaphore in many of his songs, so I do think there is a tragic side to Mika himself, but this is only my own opinion

That is so beautifully put and true!

Yeah, I think, to some extent, the MFCers have become like mini psychologists in a way don't you?

I agree with you, I haven't actually got PDP yet but I do know of Mika to get very stressed about his work to the point of it being unhealthy, I hope he has down time as well (I know he does but, not just the stuff we SEE him do, you know?) and I think his family should ground him and he hopefully doesn't get on the drink or go all "Lucie in the Sky" on us.

I don't think he will, I think it's good that he's had breaks.

Hmm, I was just thinking, would you rather work for Mika, with Mika or have Mika work in your camp (if you were an artist) Because he'd be a scary but wonderful boss ;)

I was talking to a psychologist and they said that I would prefer to be around people who've had it rough and who are just odd by nature because I can relate to them.

Maybe that's a contributing factor ;)

x

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is so beautifully put and true!

Yeah, I think, to some extent, the MFCers have become like mini psychologists in a way don't you?

I agree with you, I haven't actually got PDP yet but I do know of Mika to get very stressed about his work to the point of it being unhealthy, I hope he has down time as well (I know he does but, not just the stuff we SEE him do, you know?) and I think his family should ground him and he hopefully doesn't get on the drink or go all "Lucie in the Sky" on us.

I don't think he will, I think it's good that he's had breaks.

Hmm, I was just thinking, would you rather work for Mika, with Mika or have Mika work in your camp (if you were an artist) Because he'd be a scary but wonderful boss ;)

I was talking to a psychologist and they said that I would prefer to be around people who've had it rough and who are just odd by nature because I can relate to them.

Maybe that's a contributing factor ;)

x

To be honest, I think it would be stressfull to work for Mika. He's such a perfectuonist. He does say on the DVD that he wanted to make everyone's life as difficult as possible, including his own.

But however hard he makes other people work, I think he works HIMSELF twice as much. I love the drive he has to get what he wants. He had the courage to personally contact Es Devlin, after her people had turned him down. He's not willing to take no for an answer, the same way he wouldn't be put off by all the rejection by the record companies and rebelled with Grace Kelly. This means he can get to do all the amazing things he wants to do, and do them HIS way. He is totally unique, but I still do worry about him. I don't think he would turn to drugs or drink if things got too much on top of him, but I think his health could suffer if he can't chill out and forget work sometimes.

I do think this break has done him good. This time last year we were all worried about him, because he kept getting viruses and was really exhausted. At least the latest pictures of him show him looking better than he did this time last year.

To be honest, I think it would be stressfull to work for Mika. He's such a perfectuonist. He does say on the DVD that he wanted to make everyone's life as difficult as possible, including his own.

But however hard he makes other people work, I think he works HIMSELF twice as much. I love the drive he has to get what he wants. He had the courage to personally contact Es Devlin, after her people had turned him down. He's not willing to take no for an answer, the same way he wouldn't be put off by all the rejection by the record companies and rebelled with Grace Kelly. This means he can get to do all the amazing things he wants to do, and do them HIS way. He is totally unique, but I still do worry about him. I don't think he would turn to drugs or drink if things got too much on top of him, but I think his health could suffer if he can't chill out and forget work sometimes.

I do think this break has done him good. This time last year we were all worried about him, because he kept getting viruses and was really exhausted. At least the latest pictures of him show him looking better than he did this time last year.

I didn't mean that he might turn to alcahol or drugs, I meant that he probably wouldn't because of what great support he has ;)

I still can't stop thinking of that picture of someone being hanged out of my mind!

It makes me want to go and give Mika a BIG bare hug!

I didn't mean that he might turn to alcahol or drugs, I meant that he probably wouldn't because of what great support he has ;)

I still can't stop thinking of that picture of someone being hanged out of my mind!

It makes me want to go and give Mika a BIG bare hug!

Yes I agree, he has his family to support him and I'm really glad about that. Where did you see a picture of someone being hanged? I didn't see that!

Yes I agree, he has his family to support him and I'm really glad about that. Where did you see a picture of someone being hanged? I didn't see that!

It might have been on the blog under the "What I'm looking at today" bit but I'm not entirely sure...

Also, he seems to have a thing for skeletons, has anyone else noticed that too?

• 1 year later...
People tend to remember the bad times much easier than the good.

I could easily tell you about multiple bad things that have happened to me, but not that many good.

Plus people tend to want to talk about their feelings more when they're upset than when they're happy.

I've never called anyone to vent about my happiness but I'm always calling my friend to scream about the horrors of the day.

it's human nature to work out the bad feelings cause if you don't then they'll ruin your psyche.

:naughty: I'm just the opposite; I remember the good parts and forget bad memories, I always try to see the good side of every situation and this is just my way to interact with the world! :naughty:

And I truly believe Mika helps me a lot because whenever I feel bad about something I write a poem about it or draw and as I create something positive from a negative event I can overcome what happened...and then I feel a lot better:thumb_yello:

Mika's sad stories become such beautiful songs that it's a magical way to turn sadness into joy!:wub2:

Mika created a world where he can not be hurt and in he's sweet enough to let his fans walk into his Eden as much as they want to!

He became an artist to get love and we all love him here!

That's the best we can do as fans; show him how much we care!

:naughty: I'm just the opposite; I remember the good parts and forget bad memories, I always try to see the good side of every situation and this is just my way to interact with the world! :naughty:

And I truly believe Mika helps me a lot because whenever I feel bad about something I write a poem about it or draw and as I create something positive from a negative event I can overcome what happened...and then I feel a lot better:thumb_yello:

Mika's sad stories become such beautiful songs that it's a magical way to turn sadness into joy!:wub2:

Mika created a world where he can not be hurt and in he's sweet enough to let his fans walk into his Eden as much as they want to!

He became an artist to get love and we all love him here!

That's the best we can do as fans; show him how much we care!

Here here! *Raises glass*