Oliver Postgate 1925 - 2008

Naectegale

Oliver Postgate died yesterday, at the age of 83. British Oldlings may remember this guy for his work on classic childrens' animated films such as Bagpuss and The Clangers.

A full obituary can be seen here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7770882.stm

These films were a part of my childhood - I remember watching Pogles Wood on the "Watch with Mother" lunchtime slot in the sixties. Noggin the Nog used to scare me for some reason. I loved the Clangers :blush-anim-cl: - I used to watch it on Saturday tea-time and I have a DVD of them at home (purchased on the same day I bought LICM DVD :naughty:)

So I am feeling nostalgic. Anyone else feel the same?

(PS I chose a smile for this thread, because he made me smile and I want to celebrate his work)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oliver Postgate died yesterday, at the age of 83. British Oldlings may remember this guy for his work on classic childrens' animated films such as Bagpuss and The Clangers.

A full obituary can be seen here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7770882.stm

These films were a part of my childhood - I remember watching Pogles Wood on the "Watch with Mother" lunchtime slot in the sixties. Noggin the Nog used to scare me for some reason. I loved the Clangers :blush-anim-cl: - I used to watch it on Saturday tea-time and I have a DVD of them at home (purchased on the same day I bought LICM DVD :naughty:)

So I am feeling nostalgic. Anyone else feel the same?

(PS I chose a smile for this thread, because he made me smile and I want to celebrate his work)

Oh, Pogels Wood is my favourite EVER childrens programme. I LOVED watching it as a child.

Oliver was the king of childrens programmes, he created the best shows. They are all so watchable even today.

He'll be missed, and proves the adage that they don't make them like they used to!

R.I.P. Oliver.

Oh, Pogels Wood is my favourite EVER childrens programme. I LOVED watching it as a child.

Oliver was the king of childrens programmes, he created the best shows. They are all so watchable even today.

He'll be missed, and proves the adage that they don't make them like they used to!

R.I.P. Oliver.

I was surprised to find out today that Pogles Wood wasn't made in colour :shocked: I remember it in very bright colours, but I may have had an annual or something similar with colour pictures in :bleh:

I was surprised to find out today that Pogles Wood wasn't made in colour :shocked: I remember it in very bright colours, but I may have had an annual or something similar with colour pictures in :bleh:

We only had a b/w tv at our house, so I only remember it in b/w.

We only had a b/w tv at our house, so I only remember it in b/w.

I think we did too - it was the mid sixties, I think. The Clangers was the first one that was made in colour after the BBC started broadcasting in colour :roftl: