The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Sarah!! How was your day?

Not bad. I figured out that I only need to get three hours of driving a week from now on and I'll have my P's by July (the month I got my L's). I'm trying to get my Dad to buy me a car, but I don't think he will. :naughty:

I want a Toyota Yaris.

*makes an appearance*

*from Tanya's computer*

:fisch:

*gasps*

*points at Anthony*

Btw while you were away I have taken over Australia.

:thumb_yello: Okie dokes!

KOOKY PEN!! How is J-Kool?

Kooky as ever :thumb_yello:

I hope my number didn't end up on any toilet walls.

I'll graffiti yours on the railway tracks leading into Melbourne..;fisch:

I accidentally washed it off :fisch: You have to give it to me again :naughty:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyndal

I know i haven't been on much lately but i couldn't resist this thread...

How you guys been?

Hello Lyndal!

I've been pretty good. How about you?

well, infact except for the endless heatwaves. Maybe ill talk to you tomorrow i got to go get dinner.:cool:

PiP is a classic, and I have seen it. I was just a little too young to have liked Molly Ringwald. But I remember her well enough. Clueless was my era. Wasn't that from the early/mid 90's? Loved it. Some kind of wonderful is a sleeper for me too. I think my favourite popular 80's movies were ones like Ghostbusters (I had the tshirt), The Goonies, Gremlins, Back to the future, Dream a little dream (Oh, I love that movie so much. 'Stars shining bright above you - Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you" - Birds singin' in the sycamore trees - Dream a little dream of me'), The Lost boys..

Ok, now I have to find all of these. :naughty:

But, yes. Blue jeans, ripped at the knees. :das:

Ah. See, I remember watching The Breakfast Club at the drive-in (which had Molly) when I was 14. So Pretty in Pink was just a natural for me. I was less keen on Sixteen Candles (or was it Fifteen Candles? Can't remember).

I loved Ghostbusters (I have the soundtrack album on vinyl!) and Back the the Future, but I never really got The Goonies, and Gremlins scared me a bit. I'm not sure that I really took to Dream a Little Dream either, but hubby has the soundtrack album for that on cassette. He was really into it. And I love that song not from that movie, but just cos it was a Mamas and Papas song and I really liked The Mamas and Papas.

I have Lost Boys on VHS and the Triple Pack of Back to the Future on DVD and my son has the double pack of Ghostbusters on DVD.

What about The Karate Kid? Were you into that?

I know i haven't been on much lately but i couldn't resist this thread...

How you guys been? :mf_lustslow:

Hi there Lyndal. I'm not sure if I've met you before.

*makes an appearance*

*from Tanya's computer*

Howdy OKD.

And Howdy SD.

"It's goodnight from me." "And it's goodnight from him."

:bye:

*makes an appearance*

*from Tanya's computer*

So, is Tanya a man or not? :naughty:

*would like to express how freaking awesome Tanya's house is*

I expect photos. Somehow.

Not bad. I figured out that I only need to get three hours of driving a week from now on and I'll have my P's by July (the month I got my L's). I'm trying to get my Dad to buy me a car, but I don't think he will. :naughty:

I want a Toyota Yaris.

Well done! Is it getting easier now? Do you think you are up to the ultimate bogan challenge? Eating maccas and driving.

Yaris? Never heard of them.

I accidentally washed it off You have to give it to me again

No way. You can live without it now. :tongue2:

well, infact except for the endless heatwaves. Maybe ill talk to you tomorrow i got to go get dinner.:cool:

arrghh Heatwaves. I hope Gold Coast isn't too hot when we go up there. And it sounds weird that you are eating dinner when it's 11pm over here.:naughty:

Ah. See, I remember watching The Breakfast Club at the drive-in (which had Molly) when I was 14. So Pretty in Pink was just a natural for me. I was less keen on Sixteen Candles (or was it Fifteen Candles? Can't remember).

16 candles. A variation on Sweet 16. I loved The Breakfast Club though.

I loved Ghostbusters (I have the soundtrack album on vinyl!) and Back the the Future, but I never really got The Goonies, and Gremlins scared me a bit. I'm not sure that I really took to Dream a Little Dream either, but hubby has the soundtrack album for that on cassette. He was really into it. And I love that song not from that movie, but just cos it was a Mamas and Papas song and I really liked The Mamas and Papas.

I have Lost Boys on VHS and the Triple Pack of Back to the Future on DVD and my son has the double pack of Ghostbusters on DVD.

What about The Karate Kid? Were you into that?

Vinyl Ghostbusters!! :bow: The Goonies was my age range, so was Gremlins weirdly enough. And Critters.

I'm downloading The Lost Boys now. I can't find it in my DVD pile. I'm sure I do have it.

I love Karate Kid!! Wax on - Wax off. I do Karate. Well, I did and am starting up again shortly. Always wanted to as a kid, but my parents thought I'd kill myself.

The Next Karate Kid with Hilary S****!! Lol!!

And Goodnight CD.

*makes an appearance*

*from Tanya's computer*

So give us the goss on Tanya :das:

And what day are we meeting up again (speaking of which, what time... we need BS to pop in here too)

Well done! Is it getting easier now? Do you think you are up to the ultimate bogan challenge? Eating maccas and driving.

The truly skilled can manage nuggets ft dipping sauce, sundaes/mcflurries and other such tasks and still drive like a bogan :fisch:

Hey all...

On the movie talk.. I loved Gremlins, all the Back to the Futures and the Karate Kid Movies as a kid. I need to see Pretty in Pink, and my current fascination is with old musicals (I have singing in the Rain here somewhere which I need to watch, and recently picked up West Side Story and Guys and Dolls from a Target Dvd Sale.. and loved both of them. Pirates of Penzance is also a favourite)

Oh and Ghostbusters *is being reminded of so many dvds I need to track down to add to my meagre collecshun*

And what day are we meeting up again (speaking of which, what time... we need BS to pop in here too)

And Okd, I hope your bedroom has a lock on it. :naughty:

Friday, arvo. She PM'd me before, and I forgot to reply (because I got distracted) But definitely an arvo job.

The truly skilled can manage nuggets ft dipping sauce, sundaes/mcflurries and other such tasks and still drive like a bogan :fisch:

And speakerphone:thumb_yello:

Hey all...

On the movie talk.. I loved Gremlins, all the Back to the Futures and the Karate Kid Movies as a kid. I need to see Pretty in Pink, and my current fascination is with old musicals (I have singing in the Rain here somewhere which I need to watch, and recently picked up West Side Story and Guys and Dolls from a Target Dvd Sale.. and loved both of them. Pirates of Penzance is also a favourite)

Oh and Ghostbusters *is being reminded of so many dvds I need to track down to add to my meagre collecshun*

I love the old musicals. Pirates of penzance with Jon English is hilarious.

You're as bad as me. Have heaps of DVDs but still want and need more. Whenever I feel like watching something I don't have it.

Ohh Beetlejuice!

And Okd, I hope your bedroom has a lock on it. :naughty:

Friday, arvo. She PM'd me before, and I forgot to reply (because I got distracted) But definitely an arvo job.

And speakerphone:thumb_yello:

I love the old musicals. Pirates of penzance with Jon English is hilarious.

You're as bad as me. Have heaps of DVDs but still want and need more. Whenever I feel like watching something I don't have it.

Ohh Beetlejuice!

Friday arvo works. I'm assuming Southern would be the place

(oh and Tan, if you do take OkD to the Penguin Parade... I want to come :fisch:)

Don't forget the reapplying lipstick after eating by using the rear view vision mirror

Thats the version of Pirates of Penzance I have .. I love it.

Beetlejuice.. I need to get that too.

I know... I need so many dvds because I get upset when I dont have them when I want to have them. Lucky stores have lots of dvd sales for me to buy them from. Though I suppose eventually I'll have to get Blu rays

Speaking of Molly Ringworm..

I kept seeing "Sixteen Candles" on those VH1 teen-movie countdown shows and decided I needed to watch it. So I went out and bought Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club & Pretty In Pink on DVD.

I've watched all but the latter which is still sealed in plastic. Remind me to and I'll bring it to GC *zhhz*

Friday arvo works. I'm assuming Southern would be the place

(oh and Tan, if you do take OkD to the Penguin Parade... I want to come :fisch:)

Good thinking 99

Don't forget the reapplying lipstick after eating by using the rear view vision mirror

And reaching over into the back seat to pick up Michael jnr's toy to shut the little ****er up. :naughty:

Thats the version of Pirates of Penzance I have .. I love it.

I know... I need so many dvds because I get upset when I dont have them when I want to have them. Lucky stores have lots of dvd sales for me to buy them from. Though I suppose eventually I'll have to get Blu rays

Yeah, I'm the same. My DVD store has more for sale than to hire.

And I'm looking forward to Blu ray.. But not the replacement part.:thumbdown:

I kept seeing "Sixteen Candles" on those VH1 teen-movie countdown shows and decided I needed to watch it. So I went out and bought Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club & Pretty In Pink on DVD.

I've watched all but the latter which is still sealed in plastic. Remind me to and I'll bring it to GC *zhhz*

:roftl: Yae!! Bring Laura Palmer (wrapped in plastic).

Do we know if there's a DVD player in mi casa su casa?

You people are going to cost me a fortune in dvds :sneaky2:

Yeah, I've had less money since knowing you lot :sneaky2::naughty:

Popping in...as requested!

Bit late I know. I got unexpectedly busy tonight.

I had the police and the fire brigade here ...FFS... not what you want when you are minding your sister's house, but the freakin' firealarm next door rang from 2am till 8.30am, and when it started up again tonight at 9pm, I thought RIGHT THAT'S IT!! And me and some neighbours took action. We had 2 huge firetrucks, about 8 spunky fireman in their overalls, and two cop cars. What a waste of SES resources for a faulty fire alarm. I hope they send them a BIG bill. But now, finally all is silent in Kew.

haha, 16 candles is hilarious! I love the bit where the guys bet each other floppy discs. Yep, that's my inner nerd coming out! :roftl:

And reaching over into the back seat to pick up Michael jnr's toy to shut the little ****er up. :naughty:

Yeah, I'm the same. My DVD store has more for sale than to hire.

And I'm looking forward to Blu ray.. But not the replacement part.:thumbdown:

Yeah, I've had less money since know you lot

Not to mention grabbing Little Cindy's shoe that she keeps kicking off, and putting it back on her foot, while threatening to turn the car around and go back home if she does it again

I figure.. as Blu ray players can play dvds the replacement can wait for a fair while

According to their site we'd have to hire it..

Somebody bring a dvd player :fisch:

We have laptops ft small screens and low sound... and we can see how much it costs to hire one

I had the police and the fire brigade here ...FFS... not what you want when you are minding your sister's house, but the freakin' firealarm next door rang from 2am till 8.30am, and when it started up again tonight at 9pm, I thought RIGHT THAT'S IT!! And me and some neighbours took action. We had 2 huge firetrucks, about 8 spunky fireman in their overalls, and two cop cars. What a waste of SES resources for a faulty fire alarm. I hope they send them a BIG bill. But now, finally all is silent in Kew.

Hey BS..

While your here... any preferences for something fun and cheap that we do on Friday(it is friday yes?) :fisch:

we're leaning towards Bogan sports I think

Argh, yes! I'm so sick of the heat. I don't handle it very well. :naughty:

Yesterday it was 38 degrees Celsius here and I think it was about the same today.

Yaris? Never heard of them.

Yes, it is a lot easier. I think I would be able to survive if I was driving on my own without my Dad, so long as I didn't have to do a parallel park or three-point turn, etc. :naughty:

That will probably prove to be quite difficult, but I hope to rise to the bogan challenge admirably.

I want a red one (they do go faster after all)!

11.jpg

Hey BS..

While your here... any preferences for something fun and cheap that we do on Friday(it is friday yes?) :fisch:

Bogan sports? You may have to enlighten me!!

I am just happy to get to meet you at all!! Coffee somewhere on Friday would do me, or something more adventurous if I can manage it!

You people are so rude....OKD was here waiting to talk you all and you weren't there for her :naughty: .....she's crying in her (my) room!

Howdy OKD.

And Howdy SD.

"It's goodnight from me." "And it's goodnight from him."

What! No hello for me :sneaky2:

So, is Tanya a man or not?

I expect photos. Somehow.

16 candles. A variation on Sweet 16. I loved The Breakfast Club though.

No she is not you smart arse :naughty: *looks over at OKD* "Tell her I'm not a man"

Absolutely no freaking way!

I have The Breakfast Club....best movie!

So give us the goss on Tanya

Mind your own business :bleh:

Don't know and no idea!

And Okd, I hope your bedroom has a lock on it.

It does...but it can only be locked from the outside :das:

We certainly are....but we don't know when yet :wink2:

Beetlejuice....Beetlejuice.....Beetlejuice.....*peers around scared wating for Michael Keaton to pop out*

According to their site we'd have to hire it..

SHouldn't be too dear though.

Whoa!! fun and games. So, *points to Bec* What she asked.

haha, 16 candles is hilarious! I love the bit where the guys bet each other floppy discs. Yep, that's my inner nerd coming out! :roftl:

:naughty: Floppy discs, such a distant memory.

Not to mention grabbing Little Cindy's shoe that she keeps kicking off, and putting it back on her foot, while threatening to turn the car around and go back home if she does it again

All this while your defacto of 4 years (no engagement ring) and father of one of your kids keeps saying "Want me to drive?" and you keep replying "You lost your licence, remember?".

I figure.. as Blu ray players can play dvds the replacement can wait for a fair while

I agree. But the quality. That's where I'll get anal. I sound like DC. D:

Somebody bring a dvd player :fisch:

We have laptops ft small screens and low sound... and we can see how much it costs to hire one

I figure it would be fairly cheap since it only costs around $50 to buy one from Coles.

Hey BS..

While your here... any preferences for something fun and cheap that we do on Friday(it is friday yes?)

I like that idea.

I am just happy to get to meet you at all!! Coffee somewhere on Friday would do me, or something more adventurous if I can manage it!

Kelz is best at the enlightening..

You people are so rude....OKD was here waiting to talk you all and you weren't there for her :naughty: .....she's crying in her (my) room!

We certainly are....but we don't know when yet :wink2:

I had work *hmph*

let me you know when you know and then I can let you know if I can go :fisch:

All this while your defacto of 4 years (no engagement ring) and father of one of your kids keeps saying "Want me to drive?" and you keep replying "You lost your licence, remember?".

I agree. But the quality. That's where I'll get anal. I sound like DC. D:

I figure it would be fairly cheap since it only costs around $50 to buy one from Coles.

Not to mention that you keep blaming him for smoking the last cigarette when you don't get your centrelink money until next monday and will probably have to pawn something just to get your fix.

Ah yes.. the quality... but I'm more about the price (so when Blu Rays become as cheap as Dvds are now, I'll buy them)

If it costs more than that we find a coles and buy one :fisch:

Yesterday it was 38 degrees Celsius here and I think it was about the same today.

:boxed: I wouldn't survive.

Yes, it is a lot easier. I think I would be able to survive if I was driving on my own without my Dad, so long as I didn't have to do a parallel park or three-point turn, etc.

That will probably prove to be quite difficult, but I hope to rise to the bogan challenge admirably.

I hate to parallel park, and I have a Holden Barina. It should be easy .

3 point turns get easier. Actually, they get fun-ner. :naughty:

You will! Becster is your mother!!

I want a red one (they do go faster after all)!

11.jpg

Ohh, pretty!!

And green goes fast too.

Enlightenment: Pick a sport, any sport. Then for approx $10 per person recreate that sport. :wink2:

For Bogan Lawn Bowls we used an empty VB can full of dirt, (also a UDL can) cheap bright balls and for added effect because it was around halloween time we had little witches hats on our heads. There's a pic on facebook of us. But coffee is good too. Bogan sports is hilarious though. Just be warned now, we will talk you into it. We may even come prepared. :naughty:

You people are so rude....OKD was here waiting to talk you all and you weren't there for her .....she's crying in her (my) room!

What! No hello for me

No she is not you smart arse *looks over at OKD* "Tell her I'm not a man"

Absolutely no freaking way!

I have The Breakfast Club....best movie!

Mind your own business

Don't know and no idea!

It does...but it can only be locked from the outside

We certainly are....but we don't know when yet Beetlejuice....Beetlejuice.....Beetlejuice.....*peers around scared wating for Michael Keaton to pop out*

I don't believe you.

Hello Tan!

I don't believe you.

I'm not surprised you old tart.

You are my business.

I don't believe you.

I'd believe that

We're orgasming it now. :naughty:

*kicks him in the balls*

I'm off now

Goodnight Ladies... and Tanya. :huglove: