The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

British India are playing at the Australia day skyworks (with all the bogans and drunkards) and me and my friend were going to go.

... until I came up with the genius idea of going to one of their two country shows instead! So we are totally going to Bunbury this weekend! Just came up with it now! My friend is working until midday Friday and then has Saturday and Sunday off and the show is on Saturday night, so we might leave Saturday morning or Friday afternoon for more adventure time. But I'm kind of trying to save again, so that'll probably depend on if we decide to go for the $26 backpackers or the $10 camping.

I'm so excited! I don't love British India or anything, but they were good live, and I am SO bored with my boring doing-nothing life, AND I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT GOING ON A SPONTANEOUS RANDOM ADVENTURE!!!!! :woot_jump:

And then we MIGHT still go to the skyworks show (and leave before the fireworks to avoid most of the drunkards) if we are still on a British India high, seeing as it IS a free show anyway :naughty:

Can this possibly be the girl who's just come back from Costa Rica and catching up with other Mikamites and seeing The Kooks twice etc etc etc?!

I'm sorry ST, but I need to do this.... !!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe you think you have a boring doing-nothing life OKD.

Just so you don't think I'm going completely nuts here, I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy the trip down to Bunbury. I had some cousins who used to live there when I was growing up. And the Australia Day fireworks were always a lot of fun... I think I've told you before about how I had a friend who lived in Nedlands and so we'd all park at her place and walk through King's Park right up to the bluff, have a picnic and hang out for the day, watch the fireworks and then walk back through the park to my friend's place to get our cars.... No traffic hassles, no parking worries and because of the large number of our group, no getting attacked walking through the park! I miss that.... And we really didn't encounter too many drunk people...

Have fun.

Aw. :sad: Well, it's folate. :naughty: A lovely mostly planar heteroaromatic backbone with carboxylic acidic, amino and hydroxy groups and an amide. :puke:

I'd rather eat liver pâté.

Did you know it's also found in vegemite and marmite?

All the best of luck with this one too, Twatty.

Good luck!

Thanks! It actually went really well, everyone laughed. And I said the whole thing with the help from only one cue card! :naughty:

Please translate it! Or at least stick it in an online translater

As you wish...:naughty:

Actually, it's really long, so I'll do a seperate post.

See you tomorrow!

How did you know? :rolls_eyes:

*cameo*

Agh, I need to memorise the methods of action, side effects, and conditions they're used to treat for about 80 drugs by tomorrow. Another all-nighter methinks. :sneaky2:

Baaahhh...good luck Twatty...:no:

It's times like these that I really don't like time differences. Barack Obama is going to be sworn in at midday (American time) but that's at 4am (NSW time). I can't stay up that late!

I suppose I'll see it repeatedly on the TV tomorrow.

It's in my time zone...but I was at school so I missed it of course :doh:

British India are playing at the Australia day skyworks (with all the bogans and drunkards) and me and my friend were going to go.

... until I came up with the genius idea of going to one of their two country shows instead! So we are totally going to Bunbury this weekend! Just came up with it now! My friend is working until midday Friday and then has Saturday and Sunday off and the show is on Saturday night, so we might leave Saturday morning or Friday afternoon for more adventure time. But I'm kind of trying to save again, so that'll probably depend on if we decide to go for the $26 backpackers or the $10 camping.

I'm so excited! I don't love British India or anything, but they were good live, and I am SO bored with my boring doing-nothing life, AND I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT GOING ON A SPONTANEOUS RANDOM ADVENTURE!!!!!

And then we MIGHT still go to the skyworks show (and leave before the fireworks to avoid most of the drunkards) if we are still on a British India high, seeing as it IS a free show anyway :naughty:

It didn't take long for you to be bored again...

By popular (ish) demand, here is my speech translated into (mostly) English with the help of an online translator.

I am supposed to do a speech to have, but I have again some minutes. I will do it later -- Oh. Is there not of later? Is this my turn already? Fortunately that I finished some at two o'clock in the morning, then! Dear judges, dear parents, dear professors, and dear friends; The word 'procrastinateur' has a distinctly negative connotation. One thinks about a procrastinateur as a person that does not be concerned with its important works, and that never does an effort. But this is not automatically true. A procrastinateur this is not sure paresseux—bien that no! Lazy quelqu’un, this is quelqu’un without motivation that expects of other people to do its spots. On the other side, a procrastinateur this is a person that appreciates the Fact that, in this moment, there is something that she would have faire…mais she does not want really. There is so many something else to which ones she has itself occuper…et for her, this is not a problem. She goes itself to occupy some. But, that THAT is which happening to his duty? That goes. She did not forget it. She is feels in security knowing that she can do it more tard—même when it seems than it not there some has. A procrastinateur knows how to use hours that, for other quelqu’un, in fact would not exist. Give them a minute, and they there will find hours. Then, instead of a bad habit, me I prefer of some to consider rather as an art form. Everyone can do it, but for some, this is not easy. Those that always do their works at least two days before the date limit would say that it is impossible to do something else with the guilt that weighs heavy above his head... it is necessary the voucher mixes optimism and reality escape, then one can go has the party Saturday evening while knowing that one can begin his project of research Sunday and to return it again. It often is said that to procrastinate, that pays only with anxiety. Oui—mais when the anxiety is inflicted by oneself, it has not anybody to criticize and therefore this is a little easier to take. And it is excellent for CVs—on always can say that one 'works well under pressure' for one works only under pressure. Indeed, I even did a list of the first 10 reasons why one should procrastinate... 1.

Oh. Eum, indeed, I did not create this list. ..finalement I did a list de10 things of more important one than I had to do to the place, as. ..peinturer my nails, or let the cat brush... This is not that I cannot manage my time. The reason why I write this speech at two o'clock in the morning this is because I win inspiration by the experience. Everyone says me always that I more better should manage the time than I am given, but to put back the things to the last minute, is the manner of which I work. It is difficult for me to do it even more difficult différemment…et to explain me to all the responsible and organized adults that say me always to put back that early, to do a plan of how I will do this, to create lists of 'things to do', to decide what will be my trade for that I can apply early to universités…la guilt attains me sometimes to After all, the remainder of my vie…mais with a decision as that, I want nothing to dispatch. It is necessary for me time to discover what really I want faire…et I have time. I always have time. Ahh, but so only to procrastinate, the thing that I do the better, this was a career payée…je can imagine the slogan: "You pay us aujourd’hui, we do your work tomorrow!" This is not a cursed idea, in fact. Maybe I the développerai…mais not now. I will do it tomorrow.

Hello all!!!!

This is our last GC post. We've bought postcards. They will arrive after we're home!! :naughty:

We took a daytrip to NSW. Tweed Heads. Took border shots. there will be more reportage once we get home as we have been keeping tabs on our activities,, :bleh:

DC and I just got our piercings. My nose, his eyebrow. :punk::thumb_yello:

Now we enjoy our last nioght of craziness,, oh, and there's a damikez song,, *zhhz*

:huglove: to all :bye:

Hello all!!!!

This is our last GC post. We've bought postcards. They will arrive after we're home!! :naughty:

We took a daytrip to NSW. Tweed Heads. Took border shots. there will be more reportage once we get home as we have been keeping tabs on our activities,,

DC and I just got our piercings. My nose, his eyebrow. :punk::thumb_yello:

Now we enjoy our last nioght of craziness,, oh, and there's a damikez song,, *zhhz*

:huglove: to all :bye:

*points and screams*

The dream is nearly over? *sigh*

And what is this about piercings? I thought DC was getting a Prince Albert. Can you confirm this informations? :fisch:

Safe travels peeplz. Cannae wait to hear all about it. :yay:

2.30pm but I have to leave the house at 12pm. Still working. I need a caffeine IV drip.

Yick, did it go alright?

Vitamin M looks more like this:

250px-Folicacid2.png

:roftl: Nerd.

Can this possibly be the girl who's just come back from Costa Rica and catching up with other Mikamites and seeing The Kooks twice etc etc etc?!

I'm sorry ST, but I need to do this.... !!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe you think you have a boring doing-nothing life OKD.

But that's exactly the point! I had a freaking interesting life for a month and a half and for the past week I have done completely nothing. I have no job, no school, no nothing to do at all but sit around and do nothing.

Just so you don't think I'm going completely nuts here, I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy the trip down to Bunbury. I had some cousins who used to live there when I was growing up. And the Australia Day fireworks were always a lot of fun... I think I've told you before about how I had a friend who lived in Nedlands and so we'd all park at her place and walk through King's Park right up to the bluff, have a picnic and hang out for the day, watch the fireworks and then walk back through the park to my friend's place to get our cars.... No traffic hassles, no parking worries and because of the large number of our group, no getting attacked walking through the park! I miss that.... And we really didn't encounter too many drunk people...

Have fun.

Ah but the show will surely be on the waterfront where all the drunken bogans accumulate. The last time I went to the skyworks was like 6 years ago (because my dad is obsessive about fireworks) and there were drunkards everywhere and the traffic was revolting for leaving. But I have seen advertisements on the trains for public transport to the skyworks so that might be an option.

Thanks! It actually went really well, everyone laughed. And I said the whole thing with the help from only one cue card!

Awesome!

How did you know?

I'm psychic :cheerful_h4h:

It didn't take long for you to be bored again...

I know, right? :naughty:

By popular (ish) demand, here is my speech translated into (mostly) English with the help of an online translator.

I am supposed to do a speech to have, but I have again some minutes. I will do it later -- Oh. Is there not of later? Is this my turn already? Fortunately that I finished some at two o'clock in the morning, then! Dear judges, dear parents, dear professors, and dear friends; The word 'procrastinateur' has a distinctly negative connotation. One thinks about a procrastinateur as a person that does not be concerned with its important works, and that never does an effort. But this is not automatically true. A procrastinateur this is not sure paresseux—bien that no! Lazy quelqu’un, this is quelqu’un without motivation that expects of other people to do its spots. On the other side, a procrastinateur this is a person that appreciates the Fact that, in this moment, there is something that she would have faire…mais she does not want really. There is so many something else to which ones she has itself occuper…et for her, this is not a problem. She goes itself to occupy some. But, that THAT is which happening to his duty? That goes. She did not forget it. She is feels in security knowing that she can do it more tard—même when it seems than it not there some has. A procrastinateur knows how to use hours that, for other quelqu’un, in fact would not exist. Give them a minute, and they there will find hours. Then, instead of a bad habit, me I prefer of some to consider rather as an art form. Everyone can do it, but for some, this is not easy. Those that always do their works at least two days before the date limit would say that it is impossible to do something else with the guilt that weighs heavy above his head... it is necessary the voucher mixes optimism and reality escape, then one can go has the party Saturday evening while knowing that one can begin his project of research Sunday and to return it again. It often is said that to procrastinate, that pays only with anxiety. Oui—mais when the anxiety is inflicted by oneself, it has not anybody to criticize and therefore this is a little easier to take. And it is excellent for CVs—on always can say that one 'works well under pressure' for one works only under pressure. Indeed, I even did a list of the first 10 reasons why one should procrastinate... 1.

Oh. Eum, indeed, I did not create this list. ..finalement I did a list de10 things of more important one than I had to do to the place, as. ..peinturer my nails, or let the cat brush... This is not that I cannot manage my time. The reason why I write this speech at two o'clock in the morning this is because I win inspiration by the experience. Everyone says me always that I more better should manage the time than I am given, but to put back the things to the last minute, is the manner of which I work. It is difficult for me to do it even more difficult différemment…et to explain me to all the responsible and organized adults that say me always to put back that early, to do a plan of how I will do this, to create lists of 'things to do', to decide what will be my trade for that I can apply early to universités…la guilt attains me sometimes to After all, the remainder of my vie…mais with a decision as that, I want nothing to dispatch. It is necessary for me time to discover what really I want faire…et I have time. I always have time. Ahh, but so only to procrastinate, the thing that I do the better, this was a career payée…je can imagine the slogan: "You pay us aujourd’hui, we do your work tomorrow!" This is not a cursed idea, in fact. Maybe I the développerai…mais not now. I will do it tomorrow.

Hahahahahahaha, that english is so bad. But with much concentration I was able to get the jist. I love the joke in the middle and the end, and I sooo agree. I can ONLY work under the pressure of the assignment being due in a few hours. And you are a freaking genius speech writer.

Hello all!!!!

This is our last GC post. We've bought postcards. They will arrive after we're home!!

We took a daytrip to NSW. Tweed Heads. Took border shots. there will be more reportage once we get home as we have been keeping tabs on our activities,,

DC and I just got our piercings. My nose, his eyebrow.

Awww, have a save trip home! You got actual real piercings? :shocked:

Hello all!!!!

This is our last GC post. We've bought postcards. They will arrive after we're home!!

We took a daytrip to NSW. Tweed Heads. Took border shots. there will be more reportage once we get home as we have been keeping tabs on our activities,

DC and I just got our piercings. My nose, his eyebrow.

:huglove: to all

Thanks for the phone call yesterday. Sorry I was so out of it, I was almost dead with tiredness and the reception was bad. :boxed:

I hope you enjoyed your last day. :yay:

All the best with today's exam ST. Again, I hope you retain the knowledge...

Oh, and phenytoin causes hirsutism:naughty:

I completely forgot to mention phenytoin, one of the most prescribed anticonvulsants, in a question asking about the different ways in which anticonvulsants work. :blink:

Yick, did it go alright?

I think I screwed up the essay component (see above re: forgetting to mention phenytoin). The multiple-choice component was even worse, though, everything sounded the same (I kept on confusing receptor types like D1, D2, D3 and D4, 5-HT1A, 5-HT2A, 5-HT2C, etc. especially when they have different effects on the same neurotransmitter and are therefore implicated in different diseases and have different drugs targeting them). :sneaky2:

One more exam tomorrow. One more all-nighter ft. studying statistics. Then tomorrow 5pm I shut down my brain for 3 weeks. :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by SuperTwat

I think I screwed up the essay component (see above re: forgetting to mention phenytoin). The multiple-choice component was even worse, though, everything sounded the same (I kept on confusing receptor types like D1, D2, D3 and D4, 5-HT1A, 5-HT2A, 5-HT2C, etc. especially when they have different effects on the same neurotransmitter and are therefore implicated in different diseases and have different drugs targeting them). :sneaky2:

One more exam tomorrow. One more all-nighter ft. studying statistics. Then tomorrow 5pm I shut down my brain for 3 weeks. :mf_rosetinted:

Ekk, hopefully it wasn't too bad. Maybe they'll mark nicely :naughty:

Less than 24 hours left! You can do it! Be away from this place and cramming!

Ekk, hopefully it wasn't too bad. Maybe they'll mark nicely :naughty:

Less than 24 hours left! You can do it! Be away from this place and cramming!

Btw, I've always wondered: what's veterinary pharmacology like? Considering the fact that you have all those species differences? Do you go into each species as in-depth as you would for humans?

Btw, I've always wondered: what's veterinary pharmacology like? Considering the fact that you have all those species differences? Do you go into each species as in-depth as you would for humans?

Big hugs to you Twatty !! :huglove:

Of course OKD will answer this :wink2: ... all I know is that it takes a higher score to get into uni. to study as a vet than it does to study as a human doctor ... :blink: ... I guess it must be due to the variations in species ...

I haven't done any yet :naughty: That's this year.

But I've done a little in physiology assignments and such, but usually we are told just to research for one species - but when I research the information has like the drug, what it does, and then separate sections for how it affects each species. (So yes :naughty:)

Of course OKD will answer this :wink2: ... all I know is that it takes a higher score to get into uni. to study as a vet than it does to study as a human doctor ... :blink: ... I guess it must be due to the variations in species ...

Everyone says this (and I'm pretty sure I've said it before :naughty:) and I don't know if it's more difficult to be a vet than a doctor, I guess human doctors DO go in more detail, but vets would still have to know a lot obviously.

BUT the scores for getting into uni really have nothing to do with how difficult the course is, it's to do with how many people want to do the course/how many places there are for the course. Like you can fail highschool and still get into teaching (here at least) the TER is like 60, which is a 45 or so score in your highschool mark. But it's just to get more people to do it, and if you failed highschool you obviously wouldn't stand a chance in uni (even teaching :naughty:).

BUT the scores for getting into uni really have nothing to do with how difficult the course is, it's to do with how many people want to do the course/how many places there are for the course. Like you can fail highschool and still get into teaching (here at least) the TER is like 60, which is a 45 or so score in your highschool mark. But it's just to get more people to do it, and if you failed highschool you obviously wouldn't stand a chance in uni (even teaching :naughty:).

Hey! I want to be a teacher. :sneaky2:

Big hugs to you Twatty !! :huglove:

Of course OKD will answer this ... all I know is that it takes a higher score to get into uni. to study as a vet than it does to study as a human doctor ... :blink: ... I guess it must be due to the variations in species ...

It depends on the medical school, some are harder to get into than veterinary school. There's also the fact that to get into a medical course you need to sit an additional exam called the UMAT so they look at both that score and your ENTER score. Other health sciences like dentistry, pharmacy, optometry, and physiotherapy also require you to sit the UMAT.

You don't need to sit the UMAT for veterinary science, is that correct OkD? Or do you? :blink:

I haven't done any yet :naughty: That's this year.

But I've done a little in physiology assignments and such, but usually we are told just to research for one species - but when I research the information has like the drug, what it does, and then separate sections for how it affects each species. (So yes :naughty:)

Oh so that's why I've yet to hear you complain about pharmacology. :naughty: I think it's a universally hated subject (there are exceptions that like it but they're freaks :mf_rosetinted:).

Edited by SuperTwat

Hey! I want to be a teacher.

:naughty: Sorry :naughty:

But it has got the lowest entry score here, is my main point. :fisch:

It depends on the medical school, some are harder to get into than veterinary school. There's also the fact that to get into a medical course you need to sit an additional exam called the UMAT so they look at both that score and your ENTER score. Other health sciences like dentistry, pharmacy, optometry, and physiotherapy also require you to sit the UMAT.

You don't need to sit the UMAT for veterinary science, is that correct OkD? Or do you?

Oh yes, exactly. I think it is harder to get into Medicine, they care a lot more about how smart you are. My friend wanted to be a doctor. Yeah, I didn't have to do UMAT or anything. And I didn't even do that well, they're at least half (if not more) interested in that you like animals than that you are super smart :naughty:

And I got an entry scholarship just for being from Rockingham, and there aren't many vets from Rockingham or something ridiculous (as if I'd stay in Rockingham, psht), so the score was even lower for me :naughty:

Oh so that's why I've yet to hear you complain about pharmacology. I think it's a universally hated subject (there are exceptions that like it but they're freaks).

Thanks for making me excited for it :sneaky2:

Aaahh ... ok ... thanks for bringing me up to speed ... it was just smth. I had heard ...

EDIT : Well, from a relatively reliable source ...

Who? :naughty:

Twatty! GO AND STUDY!

Oh yes, exactly. I think it is harder to get into Medicine, they care a lot more about how smart you are. My friend wanted to be a doctor. Yeah, I didn't have to do UMAT or anything. And I didn't even do that well, they're at least half (if not more) interested in that you like animals than that you are super smart

And I got an entry scholarship just for being from Rockingham, and there aren't many vets from Rockingham or something ridiculous (as if I'd stay in Rockingham, psht), so the score was even lower for me :naughty:

Thanks for making me excited for it :sneaky2:

Twatty! GO AND STUDY!

To be honest I don't think the UMAT is about testing out how smart you are - yeah it examines things like your logical reasoning and your ability to relate to people which are important for the health sciences but really I think it's just to make selection easier for the selection officers because they get so many applicants. :rolls_eyes:

Yay for the scholarship. :groovy:

Well who knows, you might be one of the freaks who enjoys pharmacology, we'll have to wait and see. :naughty:

http://www.2fists1heartmovie.com.au/ I'm in this movie :cheerful_h4h:

God, I can't even remember how long ago that was, was it last year or the year before?

Well, HOPEFULLY (if they didn't cut us out) me and my friend were extras in the final fight scene

Let us know if you're in the cut and if so make a huge screencap somehow. :naughty:

Edited by SuperTwat

I am supposed to do a speech to have, but I have again some minutes. I will do it later -- Oh. Is there not of later? Is this my turn already? Fortunately that I finished some at two o'clock in the morning, then! Dear judges, dear parents, dear professors, and dear friends; The word 'procrastinateur' has a distinctly negative connotation. One thinks about a procrastinateur as a .......payée…je can imagine the slogan: "You pay us aujourd’hui, we do your work tomorrow!" This is not a cursed idea, in fact. Maybe I the développerai…mais not now. I will do it tomorrow.

I do so love the work of online translators. :roftl: Any language you like turned into fluent gibberish .