The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

But the coolest item on the planet, which I found today at smiggle was a book safe. On the outside, it's a book, but you open it up and it has a safe with a lock and key and... each lock/key is unique, no 2 ones are the same. So its not one of those dodgy diary locks, its decent. It is so very cool.

Is it one of these:

411176_Purple_m.jpg

If so, how big is it? And how strong? Looks like the metal is pretty thin.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Umbrella at a cheapo store. It was $8, but the store was having a 50% sale, so only 4.

Book safe at Smiggle (a stationary store) and cost $30

And it's impossible, since i have both Saturday and Sunday. If someone could cover Sunday I could go after Saturday shift. But I couldn't do the same if someone could cover Saturday. Hopefully this person will be able to cover though

They are... I just need to find some place to put it in my already packed room. At least the book safe is easy to put, I'm going to go and put some things in there now

;D have fun! and good luck putting your umbrella up, keeping mine from falling down is a biyatch!

Is it one of these:

411176_Purple_m.jpg

If so, how big is it? And how strong? Looks like the metal is pretty thin.

Thats the exact one. Its bigger than your standard book (don't ask me to measure it :naughty:) Probably about 5-7 cms taller than twilight, and about as thick as one of the bigger Harry Potter books.

And the metal is thinish, but at the same time still thick. Its not like its aluminium or anything, its strongish. I wouldn't be able to dent it with my hands.

And each one has a different lock and key. There's over 999 possible keys, and only 1 in those will open your one, so its not like someone can get one and break in.

;D have fun! and good luck putting your umbrella up, keeping mine from falling down is a biyatch!

It would be. I have no idea where to put mine yet, but I'll work it out soon. Inspiration will strike

*breathes in calmly *

However, since I do believe that you, as I do, have a sincere love & appreciation for all things goati-ness ... AND as I have in fact conferred with our aforementioned Bezza ... given the appropriate moment ... you may stroke her 'undertail' .... gently .... for a short while ... a bit ...

Yay! :biggrin2:

*divebombs award, biting and scratching anyone in the way*

*realises that she is probably the least deserving of this award on the whole forum*

*gently sets it down again and disappears back into the Real World*

*admits that the last point was a lie*

:lmfao:

Don't worry Bezza, I will not be feeling your arse.

:rolls_eyes: Not her arse, the soft bit of skin that rubs up against her arse :thumb_yello:

Hello all!

Just letting you know that I'm banning myself from the internet until I've finished this music assignment. Bye!

Awww, bye! Good luck! :naughty:

I've seen those smiggle safe books :original: The thing is that they are obviously made of plastic and would stand out in your bookshelf. I made a book-box thingy out of an actual book once, it doesn't lock but it blends in like a real book (because it is one) :naughty:

Thats the exact one. Its bigger than your standard book (don't ask me to measure it :naughty:) Probably about 5-7 cms taller than twilight, and about as thick as one of the bigger Harry Potter books.

And the metal is thinish, but at the same time still thick. Its not like its aluminium or anything, its strongish. I wouldn't be able to dent it with my hands.

And each one has a different lock and key. There's over 999 possible keys, and only 1 in those will open your one, so its not like someone can get one and break in.

So would that be A4 or foolscap size? I think I might get one, how much is it?

I've seen those smiggle safe books :original: The thing is that they are obviously made of plastic and would stand out in your bookshelf. I made a book-box thingy out of an actual book once, it doesn't lock but it blends in like a real book (because it is one) :naughty:

You'd be suprised, mine doesn't stand out that much. Besides, it wouldn't be too hard to find a dust jacket that should fit it or shape on, if you did decide it stood out too much

So would that be A4 or foolscap size? I think I might get one, how much is it?

Not A4 and I don't know how big Foolscap is. Short of me finding a ruler (impossible in this house) and measuring it, the only way you'll be able to find out the size is to go visit a store.

And its $30 (did I mention that alread or not *smth*)

Hello All ! :bye:

May I say .... most entertaining reading since I went to bed :naughty:

I used to have one of those 'umbrellas' Bex ... it was a painted parasol ... blue w/flowers & I attached it to a standing lamp ... cast a lovely light :original:

Gotta go for dinner now ... :bye:

We will, thanks :cheerful_h4h:

Actually, one of the softest things I have felt (and this will come as some surprise to those who know how arachnophobic I am) was the cast skin of a bird-eating spider. Like velvet.

Hi OKD :bye:. Got your stethoscope yet?

YES! Got it today. Forgot about it :naughty:

These pictures aren't quite right. I tried playing with them but they're still a bit off, it's a darker and slightly more purpley colour than this. MY camera would have done better :sneaky2: And it so happens that stethoscopes are "one of those items that Ambrose is unreasonably mortally terrified of", so Jack had to take his photoshooting place.

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

YES! Got it today. Forgot about it :naughty:

These pictures aren't quite right. I tried playing with them but they're still a bit off, it's a darker and slightly more purpley colour than this. MY camera would have done better :sneaky2: And it so happens that stethoscopes are "one of those items that Ambrose is unreasonably mortally terrified of", so Jack had to take his photoshooting place.

IMG_0026.jpg

I think Ambrose just didn't want to be seen in pink :naughty: